+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for a Visitor Permit while in the US with a B2 Visa.

Kish2328

Feb 11, 2014
Hi, I am from the US and my mom has a 10-year multiple entry B2 (US) visa and we are planning to take her to visit Niagara Falls this Spring. It would only be like a 2-3 days stay/visit. I know she has to apply for a visitor permit in order for her to visit Canada and as a matter of fact, I already have a checklist on what she needs to submit for her online application. The checklist they gave me was based on the questions they asked when creating or applying online. My concern is, does she need to appear for an interview? I am planning to just send her application while she is in the US, will that be an issue? Or is it less hassle if I'll just have her apply while she is still in the Philippines? I'm kinda left hanging on how things will go after submitting the application. Do you know??? :) Now that she has a B2 (US) visa, what are her chances of obtaining a visitor permit?

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
They prefer visa to be applied in home country, while a US visit visa might give some leverage, many are denied visa for not having enough paperwork to prove the visit is genuine. You can certainly try but don't pin your hopes just coz she has US visa, to them it doesn't matter

Good luck

Kish2328

Feb 11, 2014
Thank you. We will try. She has enough evidence to prove she has ties back home but like you said, nothing is really certain - we can only hope.