+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for a TRV whilst waiting for study permit decisions URGANT

Vee15

Oct 26, 2019
Hi so I applied for my study extension/resoration of status . I had already bought my ticket to go home but my TRV expired at the same time as my study permit . The only reason why they expired is because they gave me dates until my passport expiry date and I didn’t notice . I need

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
You need the sp to apply for TRV. Remember you cant come back without it, so even if you apply there is no telling if you will get it in time to resume studies.

Vee15

Oct 26, 2019
You need the sp to apply for TRV. Remember you cant come back without it, so even if you apply there is no telling if you will get it in time to resume studies.
Do you know if I can apply using the approval letter for my study permit once I get it . Rather than waiting for a physical copy. Apparently I can apply for my trv whilst in Canada then leave and if I get approved I can get the stamp in my home country

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
Do you know if I can apply using the approval letter for my study permit once I get it . Rather than waiting for a physical copy. Apparently I can apply for my trv whilst in Canada then leave and if I get approved I can get the stamp in my home country
There is someone in this forum who did that and got it, it makes sense since they can easily check if you have been granted sp. But its not the official procedure.

Vee15

Oct 26, 2019
Ok thank you I will call back home just to make sure it can be done that way but thanks