+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for a PRTD Electronically - VAC closed - Covid 19

Orlaith

Nov 15, 2013
Hello all and thanks for engaging on this forum and for all the helpful advice.
I am planning to make an electronic application for a PRTD. I am in my 4th month now waiting for my PR card to be renewed.
I am wondering if anyone has had any experience of applying for a PRTD recently. In particular;
(1) The VAC is closed so I am planning on making an electronic application
(2) There are no photographers open so any advice on alternatives to taking the photos (on the computer/phone?)
(3) If I manage to organise the photos..... I assume I can scan them and send them with the application...?
(4) Has anyone on the forum done this recently (amid Covid 19) and been successful (?) and if so how long did it take,
I am keen not to waste anybody's time processing a 'non urgent' PRTD but I would like to return back to Canada. I just have no real way of knowing just how much longer it might be before the actual PR card might be issued.
Thanks as always for any help you guys can give me!

Reactions: asaeed100

asaeed100

Dec 4, 2019
interesting
if vfs offices are closed
how do you get the visa stamped on the passport?
do they issue some sort of travel document ? that has to be accepted by the airlines?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I am planning to make an electronic application for a PRTD. I am in my 4th month now waiting for my PR card to be renewed.
I am wondering if anyone has had any experience of applying for a PRTD recently. In particular;
(2) There are no photographers open so any advice on alternatives to taking the photos (on the computer/phone?)
(3) If I manage to organise the photos..... I assume I can scan them and send them with the application...?
(4) Has anyone on the forum done this recently (amid Covid 19) and been successful (?) and if so how long did it take,
I am keen not to waste anybody's time processing a 'non urgent' PRTD but I would like to return back to Canada. I just have no real way of knowing just how much longer it might be before the actual PR card might be issued.
Think you are likely to receive your PR card before the PRTD is issued.

lloyd153

May 31, 2019
Do you have any idea as to how long to expect to receive a PRTD after applying?

I need to go back to my home country to resolve some family matters and sadly the timeframe to receive a new PR card is 113 days.

without either document, it is not possible to get back into Canada, therefore restricting any form of travel.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Do you have any idea as to how long to expect to receive a PRTD after applying?

I need to go back to my home country to resolve some family matters and sadly the timeframe to receive a new PR card is 113 days.

without either document, it is not possible to get back into Canada, therefore restricting any form of travel.
Will vary between locations. Could take many months.

gta88

Jun 30, 2018
Hi can you share how did you apply online for PRTD? Someone I know is in similar situation.

Can you share whether you applied for PR card from inside or outside Canada?

Orlaith

Nov 15, 2013
Hi can you share how did you apply online for PRTD? Someone I know is in similar situation.

Can you share whether you applied for PR card from inside or outside Canada?
HI there,
I didn't apply for a PRTD because when I was considering it the PR renewal timeline was about 166 days and I have now been waiting about 120 - from the advice I got (had the timeline remained the same) I would have gotten my card before a PRTD would have been issued so I thought it would be just as wise to wait. Little did I know that the time frame would jump up to 299......
I applied for my PR card renewal when I was still in Canada but I am outside Canada now - I never imagined it could have possibly taken so very very long. The impact of this has been hard on many and has hit people in many different ways. It is very very unfortunate and I wish everyone the best in working through this in time! Maybe - just maybe - the cards will start to be issued soon! Good luck.

gta88

Jun 30, 2018
HI there,
I didn't apply for a PRTD because when I was considering it the PR renewal timeline was about 166 days and I have now been waiting about 120 - from the advice I got (had the timeline remained the same) I would have gotten my card before a PRTD would have been issued so I thought it would be just as wise to wait. Little did I know that the time frame would jump up to 299......
I applied for my PR card renewal when I was still in Canada but I am outside Canada now - I never imagined it could have possibly taken so very very long. The impact of this has been hard on many and has hit people in many different ways. It is very very unfortunate and I wish everyone the best in working through this in time! Maybe - just maybe - the cards will start to be issued soon! Good luck.
Thank you for sharing your experience. Hope you get your PR card very soon.

Allen0412

Jul 25, 2019
HI there,
same problem with mine. but im still in canada waiting for my renewed pr card to release. soon im going to leave canada. and it looks like ill get my pr card next year beacause of the covid 19. when i leave canada im gonna apply prtd too. i just want to know what it is the process

Orlaith

Nov 15, 2013
same problem with mine. but im still in canada waiting for my renewed pr card to release. soon im going to leave canada. and it looks like ill get my pr card next year beacause of the covid 19. when i leave canada im gonna apply prtd too. i just want to know what it is the process
Hi there, It depends on the country you are going to be in - but the application process is online. Good luck.

nananxyz

Star Member
Dec 18, 2009
Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-03-2010
Doc's Request.
19-05-2010
Nomination.....
04-09-2010
AOR Received.
18-09-2010
IELTS Request
Submitted with Full documents to New Delhi
File Transfer...
27-05-2010
Med's Request
08-11-2012
Med's Done....
06-12-2012
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
08-11-2012 PP Reached NDVO on 26-12-12
VISA ISSUED...
Hope to receive soon
LANDED..........
Hope to receive soon
I read in some thread that once you send all documents electronically, you will get passport request, it gets stamped and you will get it back. Simple and straightforward. Someone living in USA had processed PRTD that way and he got one year multiple entry prtd.

ritvick

Aug 1, 2018
Hi,
I am stuck in India, already got my PRTD approved by email and got passport request for stamping. Sent my passport to VAC in delhi, but they returned it back due to lockdown and embassy being closed.
What should I do now, how do I travel ( my passport is not stamped, but I got PRTD approved I believe as I got passport request)

Please help

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi,
I am stuck in India, already got my PRTD approved by email and got passport request for stamping. Sent my passport to VAC in delhi, but they returned it back due to lockdown and embassy being closed.
What should I do now, how do I travel ( my passport is not stamped, but I got PRTD approved I believe as I got passport request)

Please help
I believe you'll have to wait for the vac to reopen. No idea when but probable around time the flight ban is lifted.

tinu28111987

Nov 1, 2017
Hi,

Please help
I am also in the same situation.
My PRTD was approved and I got PPR in end of April. Since then I am waiting to book a 2-way courier.

Do you know if we can travel to any other country like Ethiopia/Serbia and submit our passport in VFS there?