+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for a Post Graduate Diploma in Software Testing. Need Help!

Taurean

Star Member
May 11, 2011
Hi All,

I am new to CanadaVisa.com and need your sincere advice.

I want to apply for a Post Graduate Diploma course in Software Testing in Canada.
This diploma course is offered by a private institute (Toronto College of Technology) in Toronto and is for 8 months.

I am a BCA, Bachelor of Computer Application (3 year bachelor degree in India), and have a 3.7 years of work experience in software testing field.

Can you please help me understand the followings:-
1) Can I apply a student visa, for a Post Graduate Diploma course like this?
2) What all important points, provided my case, I should keep in mind while filing a student visa?
3) Any advice you can provide me to pursue a similar course? or a better option.
4) Can I apply for a work permit after completing this PG Diploma?

Also, pls let me know, if I am falling short to provide any information with respect to my query.

Thanks.

snake

Feb 10, 2011
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Visa Office......
Canadian Embassy -Dhaka
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

I want to apply for a Post Graduate Diploma course in Software Testing in Canada.
This diploma course is offered by a private institute (Toronto College of Technology) in Toronto and is for 8 months.

I am a BCA, Bachelor of Computer Application (3 year bachelor degree in India), and have a 3.7 years of work experience in software testing field.

Sure, why not? you need to improve your skills, you can go for that course.

2) What all important points, provided my case, I should keep in mind while filing a student visa?

Right a study plan explaining about your situation and why do you need this course.
Show proper funds that you can provide to go to canada, study and live there for 8 months and come back (tuition + living + 2way air fare)
Family ties - that you parents live there, you have property or job prospects there.

3) Any advice you can provide me to pursue a similar course? or a better option.

I guess this course is better for you as it related your 3.7 years career.

yes, you can, but i think you will get 6-8 months work permit, since your course is 8 months long.

Also, pls let me know, if I am falling short to provide any information with respect to my query.

Thanks.

Marz

May 10, 2011
You will not get a work Visa. Also Software Testing is a low end program that does not require a high level of skills and is often outsourced to India.

Software testing is an investigation conducted to provide stakeholders with information about the quality of the product or service under test. Software testing also provides an objective, independent view of the software to allow the business to appreciate and understand the risks of software implementation. Test techniques include, but are not limited to, the process of executing a program or application with the intent of finding software bugs (errors or other defects).

Software testing can also be stated as the process of validating and verifying that a software program/application/product:

1.meets the business and technical requirements that guided its design and development;
2.works as expected; and
3.can be implemented with the same characteristics.
Software testing, depending on the testing method employed, can be implemented at any time in the development process. However, most of the test effort occurs after the requirements have been defined and the coding process has been completed. As such, the methodology of the test is governed by the software development methodology adopted.

Different software development models will focus the test effort at different points in the development process. Newer development models, such as Agile, often employ test driven development and place an increased portion of the testing in the hands of the developer, before it reaches a formal team of testers. In a more traditional model, most of the test execution occurs after the requirements have been defined and the coding process has been completed.

economicalindian

Star Member
Nov 13, 2013
Taurean said:
Hi All,

Thanks.
Hi Taurean

Have you done the course....please update us on the outcome

Moueen

Sep 6, 2019
Hi
Hi All,

Thanks.
Hi. How are you? Please email me on sardar.moin@yahoo.com when you have some time. I need information about the same course. thanks, in advane.

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
You dont get pgwp from private colleges in toronto. Always go for a public college anywhere. Google the official pgwp list.

Minnu Joseph

Dec 16, 2019
Hi Taurean,
How are you.Please email me on minnuj3090@gmail.com when you get free time, since I am eagerly searching for the diplomas course in software testing in Toronto. But not able to find ... Also, If anybody in this group , knows the same info, kindly share it..
Many thanks in advance ...
Hoping to hear from you ....