+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for a OWP at the boarder

LES1910

Star Member
Jun 23, 2019
Hello,

I am currently on a working holiday (IEC) visa which expires in March 2020, and i'm a dependant on my sposues CEC Inland PR application.

As these are taking forever, if it hasn't been approved by the time we come back to Canada from Christmas (which will be past the 6 month mark) I want to get an open work permit as the spouse of a skilled worker. Their ICT WP (NOC A) is valid until March 2021.

I have a number of questions:
  1. Is it 'easy' or advisable to do this at the boarder?
  2. What documents will I need? at the moment i'm thinking:
    1. Their work permit
    2. My passport
    3. My current work permit
    4. Proof of funds (how much?)
    5. My medical from PR
    6. Declaration of Common law (we also had this done for PR)
Any advise or other people's experiences of doing this are much appreciated. Thank you!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello,

I am currently on a working holiday (IEC) visa which expires in March 2020, and i'm a dependant on my sposues CEC Inland PR application.

As these are taking forever, if it hasn't been approved by the time we come back to Canada from Christmas (which will be past the 6 month mark) I want to get an open work permit as the spouse of a skilled worker. Their ICT WP (NOC A) is valid until March 2021.

I have a number of questions:
  1. Is it 'easy' or advisable to do this at the boarder?
  2. What documents will I need? at the moment i'm thinking:
    1. Their work permit
    2. My passport
    3. My current work permit
    4. Proof of funds (how much?)
    5. My medical from PR
    6. Declaration of Common law (we also had this done for PR)
Any advise or other people's experiences of doing this are much appreciated. Thank you!
You may as well just wait to apply for a new permit until March. The PR app will probably be done before then.

LES1910

Star Member
Jun 23, 2019
You may as well just wait to apply for a new permit until March. The PR app will probably be done before then.
I was wondering if I have implied status if i'm applying for a new OWP, and not an extension of my current on. Or does that not matter?

Because im going from IEC > Sposual OWP.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I was wondering if I have implied status if i'm applying for a new OWP, and not an extension of my current on. Or does that not matter?

Because im going from IEC > Sposual OWP.
You would have Implied Status.