+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for a BOWP while my spousal PR is being processed

Robertowalker

Dec 31, 2017
Hey Everyone, I'm guessing this has been answered somewhere before but I was unable to find the right answer.

I currently have 5 months left on my work permit and have applied for Permenant residence through my Canadian wife. I need to obtain an bridging open work permit while my PR application is being processed but I'm unsure on how to apply and whether there is any terms or conditions that make me uneligable.

I'm currently on a 2 year work permit through IEC and I know these can't be extended.

IF anyone can shed any light on this I would really appreciate it.

Thank you!!!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hey Everyone, I'm guessing this has been answered somewhere before but I was unable to find the right answer.

I currently have 5 months left on my work permit and have applied for Permenant residence through my Canadian wife. I need to obtain an bridging open work permit while my PR application is being processed but I'm unsure on how to apply and whether there is any terms or conditions that make me uneligable.

I'm currently on a 2 year work permit through IEC and I know these can't be extended.

IF anyone can shed any light on this I would really appreciate it.

Thank you!!!
Unable to find the right answer?

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/open-permit.535674/#post-6611489