+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

applying a TRV to attend a birthday

charmsel

Nov 5, 2015
I am 24 years old. My bf is a caregiver in canada. His employer invited me to attend my bf's birthday as her birthday gift. His employer owns a travel agency. All expense will be shouldered by his employer. I am a Nurse for 3 years in the philippines. I have no travel history and land titles. I am an only child. I lobe with my parents. But they are depending on me. My mom was operated in the heart so i am planning to get a letter from the doctor to state that I should be looking after her condition. I only have 4500cad on my bank account. Can you please help me figure out how can I probe that I will just attend a birthday. I'm planning to stay for only 3 weeks. Thank u

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

Some of your queries have been answered in an earlier post:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/need-help-in-tourist-visa-application-then-get-married-in-canada-t376598.0.html;msg4758866#msg4758866

The visa officer may question why your BF's aunt is paying for your visit. It's best if you prove that you have the finances for your visit.

As for your strong ties to the Philippines:
Employment: Your employment letter + leave approval letter stating specific dates + 6 months payslips + 2-3 years ITRs

Family: Proofs that you live with your parents + you're an only child + your mom's heart condition + you take care of her + who will take care of her in your absence

Do include *a must return by date* reason + draw up a day-by-day itinerary for sightseeing and other activities (not just for his birthday)

Have you traveled abroad earlier?

You want to visit for 3 weeks.... but you also want to marry your BF when you visit (which could mean overstaying).... these two intentions are contradictory. Any plans/indications to stay long-term will result in a refusal

Cheers :)

charmsel

Nov 5, 2015
Hi Bryanna. Thank you for the reply.
I have no travel history. My main reason is just to attend my bf birthday. How can I prove that I have finances for the visit? Should i be the one to buy the ticket? Should I book it now? Can you suggest any proof that i live with my parents? I'm not thenone paying tje bills but i do hive them budget for groceries

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

Travel history only indicates that the applicant has a history of returning to his/her home country after each visit. Lack of travel history can be compensated by strong ties (employment/family/property ownership or lease agreement, etc etc).

If your *purpose of visit* is just to attend your BF's birthday then your chances of getting a TRV are low. Do you intend to marry when you visit?

As advised earlier, please draw up a proper tourist itinerary and prove you have the funds to finance your trip (not your BF's employer).

You must prove you have the finances to buy the air tickets.... you do NOT have to book tickets before a TRV is issued. You can submit provisional bookings (without paying) or if you want to book in advance then buy refundable tickets.

I recommend you give a serious thought to the advice already given to you..... then post a list of documents that you will submit so we can advise further

charmsel

Nov 5, 2015
Bryanna said:
Hi,

Travel history only indicates that the applicant has a history of returning to his/her home country after each visit. Lack of travel history can be compensated by strong ties (employment/family/property ownership or lease agreement, etc etc).

If your *purpose of visit* is just to attend your BF's birthday then your chances of getting a TRV are low. Do you intend to marry when you visit?

As advised earlier, please draw up a proper tourist itinerary and prove you have the funds to finance your trip (not your BF's employer).

You must prove you have the finances to buy the air tickets.... you do NOT have to book tickets before a TRV is issued. You can submit provisional bookings (without paying) or if you want to book in advance then buy refundable tickets.

I recommend you give a serious thought to the advice already given to you..... then post a list of documents that you will submit so we can advise further

Yes my main purpose is to attend my bf's birthday and of course to visit tourist spots in canada. We are still thinking if we could get marry in canada.
Here are the documents I am going to prepare:
1. Cover letter
2. Certificate of employment( I am already 3 years) do i need to imdicate all the benefits I am earning in the hospital
3. Letter of leave approval
4. Payslips
5. 2 Bank statements a total of 5,500canadian dollars ( the one bank is where my salary deposited and the other is my main account) I am earning 500cad plus 200cad benefits every month
6. Birth cert
7. My picture with my bf and his employer
8. My mother's medical condition so I am her only daughter who can look after her
9. Booking itinerary
10. My day by day itinerary

Other documents from the one who invites me:
1. Invitation letter
2. T4
3. Passport copy
4. cert of employement (owner of a travel agency)
5. Her picture with my bf in canada

Do I miss something? I don't have a land title. Do u think my chances to get visa is high with these documents?

jetoquebec

Star Member
Jul 12, 2012
being single is really one big question for them so you should prove you have strong ties to return to your country

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
jetoquebec said:
being single is really one big question for them so you should prove you have strong ties to return to your country
That's mostly true.

Being single (and young..... and having the BF's employer inviting for the BF's birthday.... and possibly wanting to get married during the visit..... and no previous travel history) are all red flags indicating a strong possibility to overstay the visit.

I think the visa officer will not be convinced that your BF's employer is genuinely inviting you for a visit + is prepared to host/accommodate/pay for your travel and living expenses? Why would anyone do this especially when you have no real relationship to the host?

Also why would someone who has an ailing mother/is an only child want to visit Canada? Why would someone who earns CAD 700 intend to spend a good bit of this earnings on a trip abroad?

IMO you have a low chance of getting a TRV. You can apply if you still wish to do so.

Regarding your documents:
2. Yes, please provide details of the benefits you are entitled to in your Cover Letter. This must be stated in your employment letter too.

3. Would this be paid or unpaid leave from work?

4. Do submit ITRs for the last 2 years.

5. Is all of this money your own? Can be it tracked back to your salaries? Do you have credit cards?

8. When did your mom have the heart operation? Will you hire someone to take care of her during your visit? Does she require any special care at home?

10. Day-by-day itinerary along with expense estimates.... and prove that you have the finances to pay for this visit

Host documents:
1. Do word your Invitation and Cover Letters carefully..... maintain the tourist approach + prove stronger reasons (not just employment and your mom) to return to the Philippines.

Your BF's employer can provide accommodation/living expenses.... you will pay for airfare + meals/activities/sightseeing/travel/shopping, etc etc

You can include a copy of your BF's employment letter. However, I feel the BF birthday/BF's employer inviting you will not work

charmsel

Nov 5, 2015
Thanks for the opinions and suggestions bryanna.

I know someone who was granted a tourist visa with the same situation like mine. Her employer invited her common-law partner as a thank you gift. I really hope we will have the same luck in granting visa.

Do you think I don't need to pass my mother's medical certificate? I am not hiring someone to look after my mom. My dad will look after her.

It's a paid vacation

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
charmsel said:
Thanks for the opinions and suggestions bryanna.

I know someone who was granted a tourist visa with the same situation like mine. Her employer invited her common-law partner as a thank you gift. I really hope we will have the same luck in granting visa.

Do you think I don't need to pass my mother's medical certificate? I am not hiring someone to look after my mom. My dad will look after her.

It's a paid vacation
If your father is able to look after your mother while you are on vacation - then there is no point in listing your mother as a tie to your home country or mentioning her illness. This would only be worthwhile mentioning if you were the only family member alive to take care of your mother - or if your father was so ill himself he couldn't take care of your mother. If your father can take care of her - I don't see how her illness demonstrates a tie.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I know someone who was granted a tourist visa with the same situation like mine. Her employer invited her common-law partner as a thank you gift.
Every TRV application is unique.... no two applications will be a perfect apples-to-apples comparison. Having said this, I do hope you're lucky and get a TRV :)

I am not hiring someone to look after my mom. My dad will look after her.
I agree with Scylla. If your dad is able to look after your mom, it means your mom's health condition does not require special, critical care = not a tie

This narrows down your ties to only your employment. You may want to rethink any other responsibilities/ties you can prove..... do you have a *must return by date* event/responsibility? Any other professional or personal responsibilities you can prove?

charmsel

Nov 5, 2015
Hello bryanna. Thanks for the advice. Can I also submit our proof of montly bills ? Phone, internet, water and electric bills.I am the one who pays for it and it is in my name. Technically they are dependent on me in that aspect.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
charmsel said:
Hello bryanna. Thanks for the advice. Can I also submit our proof of montly bills ? Phone, internet, water and electric bills.I am the one who pays for it and it is in my name. Technically they are dependent on me in that aspect.
Yes, of course. Go ahead and submit proofs of monthly bills.... phone, internet, water, electricity, groceries, rent, medical, insurance, etc. This will prove your parents are dependent on you + state this in your Cover Letter