+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying a PR for my Son

rajsri

Aug 25, 2013
Hi Guys, I hope some of you can help here. I got a PR in January 2015. We came back to India after completing the landing procedure. We blessed with baby in 2016. Now my question is, what is the procedure to get a PR for my Son so all of can travel to Canada?.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Others can comment but first believe you need to apply for a TRV for your son so that you can all travel back to Canada to settle which is something you need to do before January 2018 in order to meet your residency obligation given as per your other post after that you could be reported for failing RO. Since you already completed your initial landing you need to be in Canada as a PR to be able to sponsor your son.

Reactions: jes_ON

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hi Guys, I hope some of you can help here. I got a PR in January 2015. We came back to India after completing the landing procedure. We blessed with baby in 2016. Now my question is, what is the procedure to get a PR for my Son so all of can travel to Canada?.
You have indicated in another thread, posted recently, that in fact, you landed in Canada as a PR in December 2014. Re-applying for PR after losing it because of unmet obligations

Another post indicates December 28th. Waiting for PR Card after landing - add your case here

This would indicate that you are very close to not being in compliance with the Residency Obligation requirements. Therefore, unless you can return to Canada within the next few days, sponsorship of a child would not be sensible until you are back in compliance, in approximately 2 years after you return to Canada.

Last edited:
Reactions: scylla