+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Apply visa for some one has their family refugee claim on process

MOHAMAD11

Star Member
Sep 1, 2019
Hello people
I have a friend who is in Iran but his sister and mother did file refugee in Canada in January. Do you think he has chance of TRV visa if he apply or it will be waste of time and his application will be deny as his family refugee claim is in progress in Canada.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hello people
I have a friend who is in Iran but his sister and mother did file refugee in Canada in January. Do you think he has chance of TRV visa if he apply or it will be waste of time and his application will be deny as his family refugee claim is in progress in Canada.
1. Probably a waste of time. CIC knows as well as you do, that he would claim refugee status on arrival.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
There is no harm trying but chances are low because there will be strong suspiscion that he will want to file for asylum as well. If he has strong ties to Iran and lots of previous international travel experience he may get lucky.

Reactions: ref19to22

Pooria

Jul 23, 2018
@MOHAMAD11 Heyy,

My brother is Iran and is looking to seek asylum in Canada by moving out to Turkey or Armenia.

It's quite unsafe there and he can't go to school.

Can I know what the procedure is to apply to become a refugee from Iran or Armenia? And what difficulties, if any, did you experience?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
@MOHAMAD11 Heyy,

My brother is Iran and is looking to seek asylum in Canada by moving out to Turkey or Armenia.

It's quite unsafe there and he can't go to school.

Can I know what the procedure is to apply to become a refugee from Iran or Armenia? And what difficulties, if any, did you experience?
If he has family or friends in Canada who have the time and finances available then private sponsorship is probably your best option. It isn’t a fast process. Does your brother have a TRV? If so he can arrive in Canada and apply for asylum. You mention that it is quite unsafe and he can’t go to school. Has he been actively involved in the recent protests and does he have proof of his involvement? Has he been identified by the Regime? Has he had specific threats directly to him? Getting resettlement to Canada through the UN if you leave you country and are identified by the UN as a refugee is extremely unlikely. Most refugee are never resettled in another country. The extremely small number who get resettled to Canada are usually from targeted groups who are often more vulnerable. There is the option of applying for a study permit. Does he have a bachelors degree? Do you have the finances to pay international fees and living expenses? Given the current situation in Iran there would likely be a better chance of approval if pursuing a degree like a masters or PhD although depending on his profile he may get approved to do any degree.