Oct 24, 2016
Toronto
Category........
App. Filed.......
18-05-2017
If you have documentary evidence that can justify urgent processing request
Go ahead and send those details with the request to IRRC through the website
If the request and the reasons are genuine then IRRC for sure will help
Hey wats going on ? Do you have any update ? I guess you submitted docs after RQ ? right ?

.Steve

Sep 9, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
oh really..wow...so quick...congrats...so you only submitted docs...thats it ? how long it took after sending docs ?
I submitted the documents in February itself.
Got decision made on Sept 19th and then on Sept 20th they updated the Oath invitation for October 11th.

.Steve

Sep 9, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
no..i mean after sending RQ docs..how long it took ?
7 months :(

Appl. Sent: Nov 4, 2016
Appl. Delivered: Nov 7, 2016
Appl. Received: Nov 14, 2016
AOR Email : Dec 1, 2016
eCas - In Process: Dec 12, 2016
Test Invite : Jan 3, 2017
Test Date : Jan 17, 2017
CIT0520: Jan 21, 2017
CIT0520 Response: Feb 16, 2017
Decision Made: Sep 19, 2017
Oath Letter: Sep 20, 2017
Oath Date: October 11, 2017

.Steve

Sep 9, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
oh i see...all is well that ends well..so be happy :)

you were not going away except staying in Canada so it din't hurt you i guess
It did not hurt me except for the fact that I could not plan any vacation or travel inside or outside Canada during this period.
Also the was a fear of full blown RQ that some get after the CIT0520
Well now that I have DM, am a bit relaxed, wont be fully relaxed till I take the Oath :)

despacito

Aug 3, 2017
Montreal
I was wondering what kind of supporting documents did you send with your urgent processing request? I'm only in the background check phase for my position at a government agency so I don't have a proper job offer yet. The only thing I sent to the IRCC was the email thread with the security officer performing my background check. I don't know if it's enough.

despacito

Aug 3, 2017
Montreal
An update on my case, I send urgent processing request on September 22. I received an email on October 3 saying they verified the information provided and have forward it to the responsible office and that they will contact me if further information is required or if decision is made on your application. Then on October 16, my ecas was updated and I received oath invitation for October 31st. You can check my timeline below. Good luck to everyone else.

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
It did not hurt me except for the fact that I could not plan any vacation or travel inside or outside Canada during this period.
Also the was a fear of full blown RQ that some get after the CIT0520
Well now that I have DM, am a bit relaxed, wont be fully relaxed till I take the Oath :)
May I ask, if you know why you got an RQ? Did you have a lot of trips outside Canada ?

.Steve

Sep 9, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
An update on my case, I send urgent processing request on September 22. I received an email on October 3 saying they verified the information provided and have forward it to the responsible office and that they will contact me if further information is required or if decision is made on your application. Then on October 16, my ecas was updated and I received oath invitation for October 31st. You can check my timeline below. Good luck to everyone else.
I did not get RQ, it was CIT0520 - Supplemental Information Request
Two land crossing across the border at buffalo stamps were missing on my passport and they asked me to get the entry records from US CBP
after sending them those records and some additional documents like credit card statements my application was approved