+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

apply TRV within Canada and get stamping in India

RavRishi

Jun 12, 2020
I had my TRV stamped. The TRV process was a long and tiresome journey from online submission to stamping. Hope you all will find the whole timeline insightful.

Jan 12, 2021: TRV application raised online from Canada
Mar 02, 2021: Raised webform #1 for emergency processing due to medical emergency back in India
Mar 04, 2021: Flew from Canada to India
Mar 18, 2021: Webform #1 acknowledged as received. No action taken.
Mar 24, 2021: Raised webform #2 for emergency processing with more set of documents
Apr 09, 2021: Mailed IRCC.COVID-TravelExemptions-Exemptionsdevoyage-COVID.IRCC@cic.gc.ca citing reasons why the application should be expedited
Apr 10, 2021: Webform #2 acknowledged as received. No action taken.
Apr 12, 2021: TRV application transferred to IRCC New Delhi for further processing
Apr 14, 2021: Emailed delhiimmigration@international.gc.ca requesting to expedite process the application and citing reasons/documents that family and active job are back in Canada.
Apr 15, 2021: General reply back from IRCC New Delhi. No action taken. In the meantime regularly used Twitter and Facebook for communicating with New Delhi IRCC. Nothing happened. Some poor fellow on the other end just copy-pastes general reply every time.
Apr 19, 2021: Delhi IRCC and VACs declared closed for indefinite time due to ongoing Covid and curfew in Delhi. At this time, I was losing all hope to get back to Canada.
Apr 20, 2021: Passport request received. Probably mailing IRCC.COVID-TravelExemptions worked.
Apr 22, 2021: Canada declared all direct flight cancellations from India. Emirates suspended all flights from India.
Apr 23, 2021: Decided to travel to United States for Visa stamping. Had previous chats/emails with LA IRCC and NYC IRCC and both confirmed that visa stamping can be done in any consulate around the world irrespective of where it has been processed/approved. Just that you have to be legally present in that country.
Apr 26, 2021: Reached USA and emailed for passport submission formalities. Payment link sent immediately by VFS. After the Payment was made by me, VFS emailed back 2-way FedEx courier label. Process was super fast.
Apr 28, 2021: Mailed passport and other required documents to Los Angeles VAC
Apr 29, 2021: Package reached Los Angeles VAC
Apr 30, 2021: Passport sent to IRCC Los Angeles. Counterfoil generated. Stamped. And passport is sent back to VAC on the same day.
May 03, 2021: Passport sent back by Los Angeles VAC to my USA address
May 04, 2021: Stamped Passport received. The end to end process in USA took 1 week.
how you got know that your file transferred to delhi? did you got any email or anything?

Gka16

Star Member
Oct 6, 2021
My TRV journey has been very stressing & long. So here it goes.
Date of First Application from inside Canada : September 6, 2021
Date of Travel to India due to family emergency : September 12, 2021
PPR : October 5, 2021
IRCC confirmation on passport submission in India : October 8, 2021
Transfer to NDVO : October 18, 2021 (on reaching IRCC)
Status changed from ‘approved’ to ‘in progress’
Passport returned without stamp : November 12, 2021

Sent numerous emails to NDVO and raised webforms but no answer. In the meantime I was on the verge of losing my job, my kids were losing out on their education and my husband was under a lot of stress due to being alone in Canada.
Got in touch with another person who went through the same turmoil and was stuck here here even longer. He advised me to reapply.

Date of second Application from India : November 24, 2021
PPR : December 2, 2021
First application withdrawn on same day
Sent passport : December 8, 2021
Passport Received with Stamp: December 21, 2021
For all those who think you can get your passports stamped in India even if your application is initiated in Canada, I would suggest please do not take a risk. It totally depends on case to case. I came across similar posts on this forum for stamping and travelled to India without a TRV. I was lucky enough to come across a person who helped me through this.
All the best to everyone.

RavRishi

Jun 12, 2020

Sent numerous emails to NDVO and raised webforms but no answer. In the meantime I was on the verge of losing my job, my kids were losing out on their education and my husband was under a lot of stress due to being alone in Canada.
Got in touch with another person who went through the same turmoil and was stuck here here even longer. He advised me to reapply.

For all those who think you can get your passports stamped in India even if your application is initiated in Canada, I would suggest please do not take a risk. It totally depends on case to case. I came across similar posts on this forum for stamping and travelled to India without a TRV. I was lucky enough to come across a person who helped me through this.
Congratulations - happy that you finally got your TRV

Help Needed!!

My friend applied on May 26 2021 inside Canada TRV application
he went to India in Nov 2021 and informed IRCC that he is going - on Dec 03 2021 his application was under review & then again went back to review not started and instead of review they started his background check..
Now the background check is in process since DEC 04 2021 - no update so far..

My Questions :

* did you already had your biometrics done ?

*did IRCC checked your Background?

*did you applied GC Key or IRCC new portal?

*what are supporting documents you uploaded?

*did you applied through consultant/lawyer or by your own?

Please reply - please help
Thanks

Sath2424

Nov 20, 2021

Hi, same situation here, did you do second application as paper application at vfs in India or online portal? Did you write residential address in form as Indian address or Canadian address? Thanks

Last edited:

Sath2424

Nov 20, 2021

Please advise, if you applied via paper at vfs for second application in India or Online, and whether you put residential address as Canada’s or India’s in your form? Much appreciate

Karan Udhwani

Jan 13, 2022

Hello, I am in a similar situation too...please can you pass on the details of the person who helped you please. As you are a returning worker, did you apply on GC key or new portal ?

Sath2424

Nov 20, 2021
Hello, I am in a similar situation too...please can you pass on the details of the person who helped you please. As you are a returning worker, did you apply on GC key or new portal ?
My timeline:
I had a valid PGWP but expired visa when I came to India in oct 2021. Needed stamping.
Applied in portal(Canada address): Dec 30,2021
Applied in gc key(India address after help from people in this forum): Jan 9, 2022
Got passport request: Jan 16, 2022 via both at same time but application in new portal showed cancelled by itself. So used the ppr in gc key and now sending the passport.
I will update when & if I get it stamped successfully. My return flight is February end, 2022

Karan Udhwani

Jan 13, 2022
My timeline:
I had a valid PGWP but expired visa when I came to India in oct 2021. Needed stamping.
Applied in gc key(India address after help from people in this forum): Jan 9, 2022
Got passport request: Jan 16, 2022 via both at same time but application in new portal showed cancelled by itself. So used the ppr in gc key and now sending the passport.
I will update when & if I get it stamped successfully. My return flight is February end, 2022
This is great.. congratulations..I came to India in September and applied through GC key om 15 Dec however the application hasn't even gone to review eligibility till now. I have put an Indian address and VO is New Delhi. I have a valid closed Work permit...wondering why taking so long. Is it possible to get in touch with you to see if I need to do something different with my application.

Naveen thomas

Jun 1, 2018
My timeline:
Can you tell me which option you selected to re apply? I can see options like reuniting with famliy members
To visit on business
To attend a funeral or provide support to a critically ill person
To join a vessel (marine crew member)
To assume a diplomatic post
To come with an immediate family member who’s assuming a diplomatic post
To handle the affairs of a victim of Ukraine Airlines PS752
None of the above
but i am a worker who has a full time job,, so which option? any input will be appreciated.

RavRishi

Jun 12, 2020
My timeline:
Hi when your review started???

Amit05007

Dec 15, 2021
Anyone got Trv request in canada and visa stamping in India plz update its urgent
I also have same situation , have contacted canada high commission in delhi and they told me it can be done but when contacted ircc they gave generic response to follow instructions in ppr letter , also vac netherlands say it can be done but vfs india dont know… so i am also confused