+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

apply TRV within Canada and get stamping in India

AdamDB7

May 14, 2016
Though I really hope you don’t go through this. I’ve tried asking many experienced people on this forum on what to do. But no answer.
Let me know whatever happens with your passport
Hey, I got my passport back today with the stamped TRV. I'm not sure what happened with your application but try getting in contact with IRCC ASAP about this. Good luck.

Nain1699

Nov 16, 2021
I
I'm sorry to hear this happened with you but what you're saying is incorrect. I had applied for TRV within Canada in May 21 and had put Canada as country of residence and was able to get the TRV stamped in India. So I don't think country of residence being Canada is the problem. Try to contact IRCC or have someone on your behalf do it in Canada to find the correct information.
I already contacted them, they said over phone that as your country of residence changed after application your application needs to be approved from the same country where you are submitting your passport. May be you get it because of a nice officer. People used to get it but there are many cases now there passports are being returned and files are in process again. I am not providing you wrong information, I don’t want people to suffer like I am going through, waiting from last 5 months. They sent me the letter which said since your country of residence is India we are sending your file to New Delhi office for further processing but before that they already sent me PPR.
But when they got to know my countrry of residence changed they changed the approved status to in process.

Reactions: Gka16

Kumar25

Jun 19, 2021
Hey, I got my passport back today with the stamped TRV. I'm not sure what happened with your application but try getting in contact with IRCC ASAP about this. Good luck.
Congrats Adam!
Could you please share your complete timeline? Would be very helpful for others in the same situation.

AdamDB7

May 14, 2016
Congrats Adam!
Could you please share your complete timeline? Would be very helpful for others in the same situation.
Umm, okay. I'll try my best.

Applied for TRV inside Canada: May 26, 2021.
Eligibility review started: Sometimes before 10th October.
Passport request in IRCC portal: October 28, 2021.
Raised Webform with VFS for two way courier: October 28, 2021.
Passport picked up by Blue Dart: November 3, 2021.
Passport received with TRV stamped: November 18, 2021.

Reactions: Kumar25

Kumar25

Jun 19, 2021

Thanks for the response Adam! Appreciate it!
Also at any stage did you ask IRCC to transfer your file to India or did you just wait for PPR after applying?

navlo

Nov 20, 2021
i sent my passport on 4 Aug and got it stamped on 20th aug which is updated on ircc account but still waiting for passport, vfs said it will take 3 more days
hey sahil i applied in canada but now i am in india and now they have trasffered my file to india. did they transffered your file too?

RavRishi

Jun 12, 2020
Hi Everyone,

I am currently on a work permit and I applied for my TRV in May 2021 but still haven’t heard anything from IRCC. I have to urgently travel to India in Oct 1st week but I still don’t have my TRV processed. Can someone please guide me with following questions

1) Can I travel to India and get my passport stamped in India
2) Can I fly out of Toronto without a TRV or any visa? Would there be any restrictions in flying through Europe layover flights?

Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks.
Did you got any update?

RavRishi

Jun 12, 2020

Hi my friend applied on same May 26 2021
This Saturday his file status changed to in review later it again went back to eligibility not started.
He is India.. your status was same or its changes ? for review