+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Apply Temporary visit visa for my Parents in India

Chikibam

Mar 9, 2020
Hello, I'm a PR in Canada and I am trying to apply for Visitor visa for my parents and brother(student - 18 years of age) who are in India in the new IRCC portal. I have the following questions
1. Do we have to fill the details for each member show financial proofs individually?
2. Is there anyway we can add the details of all three under the same application. The new portal is quite confusing.
Can anyone who has done this before please help? Also please share the timelines. Thank you!

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello, I'm a PR in Canada and I am trying to apply for Visitor visa for my parents and brother(student) who are in India in the new IRCC portal. I have the following questions
1. Do we have to fill the details for each member show financial proofs individually?
2. Is there anyway we can add the details of all three under the same application. The new portal is quite confusing.
Can anyone who has done this before please help? Also please share the timelines. Thank you!
How old is your brother?

Chikibam

Mar 9, 2020
How old is your brother?
My brother is 18 years and he's a university student (Bachelors). Is that a problem? I'm quite skeptical too. I'm inviting them for my graduation. Do I need to provide any other proofs for him? Any leads will be much appreciated.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
My brother is 18 years and he's a university student (Bachelors). Is that a problem? I'm quite skeptical too. I'm inviting them for my graduation. Do I need to provide any other proofs for him? Any leads will be much appreciated.
It is often harder for young adults and students to get approval but he is only 18.so there may be less of an issue. Would include proof of enrolment at university as one of the ties to his home country.

Chikibam

Mar 9, 2020
It is often harder for young adults and students to get approval but he is only 18.so there may be less of an issue. Would include proof of enrolment at university as one of the ties to his home country.
Yes, I am planning to include his proof of enrolment. Thank you! Do you know about applying visitor visa in the new portal? Are we required to apply for each member separately in the family group? I find we have to repeat information under the new portal which is quite confusing.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes, I am planning to include his proof of enrolment. Thank you! Do you know about applying visitor visa in the new portal? Are we required to apply for each member separately in the family group? I find we have to repeat information under the new portal which is quite confusing.
Sorry haven’t used the new portal.