+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Apply for an open work permit under a public policy (PGWP extension)

SHEFA 2021

Mar 31, 2021
If you meet the requirements and also include the letter that you are applying under public policy , i see no grounds on which they can refuse your work permit extension
Hi can i apply for puclic policy OWP from Spousal open work permit? Or this is only for PGWP?

SHEFA 2021

Mar 31, 2021
Those who have a valid status, who applied for a visitor record before the expiry of their work permit, their application is processing faster.

Those who need to restore and apply for the work permit together, it is taking more time!
Hi can i apply for puclic policy OWP from Spousal open work permit? Or this is only for PGWP?

Jatt Saab

Star Member
Mar 31, 2021
No , this public policy is for Applicants with expired or soon to be expiring PGWP, since you are under SOWP you cannot extend your work permit under this public policy

pouryas7

Jun 18, 2019
Hi guys,

I applied for this policy on March 22 and it was approved on March 26.

I paid 255$ at the time of submission. But, I got a refund of 100$. Does this happen to anyone else?

Gill@1991

Star Member
Apr 9, 2021
Hey as i applied for wpe under public policy on 15march I received letter on 17march that you can work till 13 july .my concern is taht do i need to renew sin no as well by showing them a letter or i should wait for the work permit ? Anyone

Gill@1991

Star Member
Apr 9, 2021
Depends, if you were already on a work permit yes

But if your status changed, you need to wait for the letter by mail to renew your sin number and start working
As i am on work permit i am waiting for approval, but they send me a letter fir working till 13 july so do i need to renew sin no before expire through the letter or i have to wait till work permit?

CripplingYogi194

Jul 29, 2018
Hey as i applied for wpe under public policy on 15march I received letter on 17march that you can work till 13 july .my concern is taht do i need to renew sin no as well by showing them a letter or i should wait for the work permit ? Anyone
wait for new work permit, then renew. you are on implied status until a decision is made on your application

Reactions: Gill@1991