+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Apply for an open work permit under a public policy (PGWP extension)

Jsainbhi

Star Member
Jun 22, 2018
may i ask if you ticked same employer or new employer in question 3?
and if you filled out the "details of intended work in canada part"? thanks
Same employer. Nope nothing is intended work thats empty thats only for closed wp

Nsn359

Star Member
Feb 6, 2020
Same employer. Nope nothing is intended work thats empty thats only for closed wp
Hi jsainbhi, first congratulations on your approval. Can I know! Have you applied for you restoration as well while you applied under new public policy ?

Nsn359

Star Member
Feb 6, 2020
I applied for the extension on Jan 27 and received my approval today—new work permit valid until 18-08-2022!
Congratulations. Even I've applied on 27th under public policy. But haven't heard anything yet from them.

ankita0333

Star Member
Nov 6, 2019
I applied for the extension on Jan 27 and received my approval today—new work permit valid until 18-08-2022!
hi congratulations what option did your choose in your IMM5710e file (3rd question)
Apply for the first time or with a new employer ???

Nsn359

Star Member
Feb 6, 2020
mostly we can hope to receive an update in upcoming week.
Yeah I hope so. But I've applied under new policy. So, don't know when they'll review and accept it. Hope by next week I'll hear some good news from them. Fingers crossed

ankita0333

Star Member
Nov 6, 2019
Yeah I hope so. But I've applied under new policy. So, don't know when they'll review and accept it. Hope by next week I'll hear some good news from them. Fingers crossed
Yes even I applied under new policy :)
Any thread for TRV applications ?

RoTaBl

Star Member
Sep 2, 2020
I applied for mine on the same day and also received my approval for 18 months today. This is the quickest processing time among my experiences with IRCC.
I guess IRCC either prioritized this category or intended to showcase the results of this new policy.

Reactions: jhunix and JayFM

RoTaBl

Star Member
Sep 2, 2020
Pls help ... I applied for open work permit extension without AOR ... How can I switch to the public policy work permit for 18months

P.s .. I do not have AOR at the moment as I submitted paper Application for PR .
That's an unfortunate situation.

You have 3 options
a) if your current wp has not expired, you may request to withdraw your wp extension and re-submit another one under the new policy
b) submit a web form to include a letter of explanation that mentions the new policy. But this way is risky because the officer could ignore your letter and could find you are at fault. Then no approval.
c) if you think you will get AOR in 3 months or before IRCC opens your application, you have time to submit a web form to include a letter + your AOR. This is less risky than option b, according to the stories I heard in this forum.

Reactions: Sweet jesus