+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Apply for an open work permit under a public policy (PGWP extension)

hellokady

Mar 25, 2020
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa/Sydney
AOR Received.
01-08-2020
I am trying to fill application ‘imm5710’ for the extension of my PGWP under public policy. I don’t know what to choose under: “what type of work permit are you applying for?” I’m confused with 3 options: open work permit? or open work permit for vulnerable workers? or PGWP?. Please help. Anyone
You can’t extend a PGWP. You have to apply for an open work permit under public policy. Is there and option that says «other », if yes choose this option and in the details write «open work permit under public policy ».

T1793C

Star Member
Feb 26, 2021
Any update on people who applied for pgwp under new policy on January 27th 2021 and didn't received any notifications yet? I've applied on 27th and till date no response from CIC. I'm seeing alot of people in this forum, who applied around February 1st week getting approvals. I don't know what's going on with the applications who applied on January 27th !!
did you get any updates as yet ?

hannah17

Mar 6, 2016
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Sydney
Hi,
Just want to ask about the imm5710e. Does anyone know what to choose for section number 3.
I am applying for one or more of the following:(choices are)
Apply for a work permit with the same employer
Restore my status as a worker
Apply for a work permit for the first time or with a new employer
Get a new temporary resident permit
I currently have a Valid PGWP looking to extend my permit under public policy. My permit will expire June 2021.
I currently have a full-time job but planning to leave my job. I tried clicking both highlighted but it wont allow me.

Also on the employment section it is asking for END DATE for my employment. What do I put on the end date section?

Thank you for help.

hellokady

Mar 25, 2020
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa/Sydney
AOR Received.
01-08-2020
Hi,
Just want to ask about the imm5710e. Does anyone know what to choose for section number 3.
I am applying for one or more of the following:(choices are)
Apply for a work permit with the same employer
Restore my status as a worker
Apply for a work permit for the first time or with a new employer
Get a new temporary resident permit
I currently have a Valid PGWP looking to extend my permit under public policy. My permit will expire June 2021.
I currently have a full-time job but planning to leave my job. I tried clicking both highlighted but it wont allow me.

Also on the employment section it is asking for END DATE for my employment. What do I put on the end date section?

Thank you for help.
I believe it’s « Apply for a work permit for the first time or with a new employer » but I might be wrong.

Sadeghius

Mar 7, 2019
Any update on people who applied for pgwp under new policy on January 27th 2021 and didn't received any notifications yet? I've applied on 27th and till date no response from CIC. I'm seeing alot of people in this forum, who applied around February 1st week getting approvals. I don't know what's going on with the applications who applied on January 27th !!
Same boat! So weird lots of people got it even applied weigh after us. I’m going to call IRCC tomorrow.

Reactions: Nsn359

Wilko

Jan 28, 2020
Guys. I have a question. I am applying for extension but will my spous's permit be extended too? or should we change it to visitor's visa?? I am little confused right now

hellokady

Mar 25, 2020
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa/Sydney
AOR Received.
01-08-2020
I know it is so frustrating, my employer is ready to take me back but this stupid ircc is not making any decision.
Same, I have three more weeks or they’re going to hire someone.

Mapleleaves21forever

Star Member
Sep 25, 2018
Category........
Other
Passport Req..
waiting....
Hi I believe you are eligible to apply on this new public policy. As it stipulated on the new public policy:

Who can apply
To be eligible for this open work permit, you must meet the following 5 requirements:
Hii hope someone can provide me with an answer. When filling the online question at the beginning of the application it asks me what is my current status in canada. There is only 6 option, student, worker, visitor, temporary resident permit holder, refugee claimant and live-in caregiver.
i am not sure what i should choose as i am on implied status. Once i pick worker, it further asks me what work permit i am on. I am so confused. Please help.
  1. Your post-graduation work permit (PGWP)
    1. expired on or after January 30, 2020, or
    2. will expire within 4 months from the date you apply for this open work permit.
  2. You were in Canada as of January 27, 2021, when the public policy took effect, and have stayed in Canada since then.
It is clearly stated on the requirements see the bolded word, you are eligible to apply if you submit your application within 4 months. July 27, 2021, is the deadline for submission for this new policy.