+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

apply for an emergency visa!

minty marsh

Aug 5, 2010
Hello. I live in Canada and my passport is an Asian passport from Bangladesh. I am a permanent residence card holder and i dont have an Canadian passport. I had no plans to go to the U.S.A until i got a news my grandma is very sick in New York. I dont have an USA visa. How do i apply an emergency visa? Please answer as soon as possible. Thank you

plumosa

May 27, 2010
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/03/2010
AOR Received.
17/06/2010
File Transfer...
10/05/2010
Med's Done....
30/11/2009
Interview........
waived-letter dated 27/07/2010
Passport Req..
20/09/2010
VISA ISSUED...
28/09/2010
LANDED..........
28/09/2010
Well considering you're trying to get into the US I'm not sure this is the right place to be asking...but I imagine you'll need to contact the closest US embassy/consulate.

I

iarblue

Go to the closest US embassy and apply for an emergency visa.They will grant a short visa for your visit.Even if you are a PR holder here and have a asian passport.Taking proof that your grandma is sick will really help.A letter from the doctor in NewYork have it emailed to you and bring it to the consulate.

YorkFactory

Oct 18, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
iarblue said:
Go to the closest US embassy and apply for an emergency visa.They will grant a short visa for your visit.Even if you are a PR holder here and have a asian passport.Taking proof that your grandma is sick will really help.A letter from the doctor in NewYork have it emailed to you and bring it to the consulate.
You must already have a visa interview scheduled (you do this online), and then you must call the Visa Information Call Centre to indicate that you have an urgent need. You cannot just show up at an embassy or consulate and apply for a visa.

I

iarblue

Yes you can my ex has just shown up filled in the ap,gave them the info they required then went back in a couple days and picked it up.
You can only do this for emergency,for the US every other kind of visa or passport issue that is not emergency you need to make an appointment.

YorkFactory

Oct 18, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Read the link I posted above: "The requestor must already have made an appointment at a U.S. Consulate in Canada (even be it on a date too distant to be useful)...or if there are no currently available appointments, please emphasize this fact". If you just show up without an appointment, you risk not even being allowed to enter the embassy/consulate.

minty marsh

Aug 5, 2010
iarblue said:
Yes you can my ex has just shown up filled in the ap,gave them the info they required then went back in a couple days and picked it up.
You can only do this for emergency,for the US every other kind of visa or passport issue that is not emergency you need to make an appointment.
excuse me. this is emergency. She had a heart surgery and the doctor says she is very sick and she might die any time. So watch before you say something :mad:

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

minty marsh said:
excuse me. this is emergency. She had a heart surgery and the doctor says she is very sick and she might die any time. So watch before you say something :mad:
Instead of debating it here, why don't you just contact the US consulate and see what they can do?

kelsey199200

Star Member
Jun 24, 2010
minty marsh said:
chill, no one said it wasnt. they were generally speaking.