+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

APPLLIED LIMA NEED SOME HELP FROM PROFESSIONALS ?

pakkecanadavale

Nov 9, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MY SITUATION IS THAT I HAVE APPLIED FOR LIMA THROUGH A LAWYER IN FEBRUARY 2016 IN ALBERTA ( COUPLE OF WEEKS BEFORE MY WORK PERMIT WAS GOING TO EXPIRE ) . ALSO SENT APPLICATION TO CIC FOR RENEWAL OF MY CURRENT WORK PERMIT ( POST GRADUATE WK) I KNOW THAT MY WORK PERMIT WILL NOT GET APPROVED BECAUSE MY LIMA WAS NOT APPROVED AT THE TIME I APPLIED...
MY QUESTIONS ARE :

1. WILL I GET LIMA APPROVED EVEN IF MY WORK PERMIT EXPIRED IN FEBRUARY 2016 ?
2. DO SERVICE CANADA HAS OPTION TO SEE MY STATUS..... NEED SOME HELP FROM EXPERTS?
3. MY LAWYER SAID I AM IN IMPLIED STATUS AND I SHOULD GET POSITIVE RESPONSE OR NEGATIVE ?

WHAT ARE MY OPTIONS OR MY LAWYER IS MAKING ME FOOL?

Honeyaustin

Jun 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
did you pay any fees for your lmia and if you applied in feb than definitely someone has followed up with your owner on phone or email

ozlis

Oct 20, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pakkecanadavale said:
MY SITUATION IS THAT I HAVE APPLIED FOR LIMA THROUGH A LAWYER IN FEBRUARY 2016 IN ALBERTA ( COUPLE OF WEEKS BEFORE MY WORK PERMIT WAS GOING TO EXPIRE ) . ALSO SENT APPLICATION TO CIC FOR RENEWAL OF MY CURRENT WORK PERMIT ( POST GRADUATE WK) I KNOW THAT MY WORK PERMIT WILL NOT GET APPROVED BECAUSE MY LIMA WAS NOT APPROVED AT THE TIME I APPLIED...
MY QUESTIONS ARE :

1. WILL I GET LIMA APPROVED EVEN IF MY WORK PERMIT EXPIRED IN FEBRUARY 2016 ?
2. DO SERVICE CANADA HAS OPTION TO SEE MY STATUS..... NEED SOME HELP FROM EXPERTS?
3. MY LAWYER SAID I AM IN IMPLIED STATUS AND I SHOULD GET POSITIVE RESPONSE OR NEGATIVE ?

WHAT ARE MY OPTIONS OR MY LAWYER IS MAKING ME FOOL?
Couple of things here.

1. LMIA has nothing to do with your current status as you don't need to be in the country to have it approved.
2. Service Can shouldn't worry about your status, as it stands right now though, you do have implied status in Canada.
3. Until your renewal is rejected, you are on implied status. If by then you haven't heard about your LMIA you will be out of status.

pakkecanadavale

Nov 9, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
everything is done by lawyer but i am in doubt.........

do you know how long it takes to get LMIA approved in ontario......... my wage is $21 an hour....?

thank you

pakkecanadavale

Nov 9, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
my lawyer told me that company received call from service canada and it should get approved within couple of weeks ?

is he telling me truth ?

what should i do ?

ozlis

Oct 20, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pakkecanadavale said:
my lawyer told me that company received call from service canada and it should get approved within couple of weeks ?

is he telling me truth ?

what should i do ?
Did your employer engage the lawyer? Maybe check in with them and see if they have the same updates and when they heard from service can.

Seems a bit weird that you are using a lawyer in Alberta for a role in Ontario?

LMIA is hard to guess processing times for, they can be as quick as a couple of weeks and up to three months +

Honeyaustin

Jun 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ozlis said:
Did your employer engage the lawyer? Maybe check in with them and see if they have the same updates and when they heard from service can.

Seems a bit weird that you are using a lawyer in Alberta for a role in Ontario?

LMIA is hard to guess processing times for, they can be as quick as a couple of weeks and up to three months +

10 days is the processing time for lmia, they only take out of 10 days processing only if something is missing in your application and than it can take week or months as you said. but 10 days is the actual processing time as per service canada.
and 1 week to 2 weeks to receive the actual letter of decision depending on your location

ozlis

Oct 20, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Honeyaustin said:
10 days is the processing time for lmia, they only take out of 10 days processing only if something is missing in your application and than it can take week or months as you said. but 10 days is the actual processing time as per service canada
10 days is priority roles or above average wages only, everyone else is at the mercy of Service Can. Thread following processing times over here - http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/lmia-application-processing-time-t235591.2580.html

Honeyaustin

Jun 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ozlis said:
10 days is priority roles or above average wages only, everyone else is at the mercy of Service Can. Thread following processing times over here - http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/lmia-application-processing-time-t235591.2580.html

i am not guessing anything here my company received lots of positive lmia's as well as few negative also, and i read it in the email directly from service canada to my employer that the processing time is 10 days, and not just one email but atleast in 3 of the email they wrote that "your application has been taken out of 10 days processing time", and they gave their reasons very clearly why those application were taken out of days of processing time, most of the time it was a missing document or so, and ask for missing document and mentioning that your application will be processed normally but not under initial 10 days processing

ozlis

Oct 20, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
From the website (and personal experience):

Applications may be processed within 10 business days, provided employers are hiring TFWs in positions that meet one or more of the established criteria, which include:

Highest-demand occupations

These occupations:
are skilled trades on the list of eligible occupations; and
have a prevailing wage in the economic region where the job is located, that is at or above, the provincial/territorial median hourly wage.

Short-duration work periods

These positions:
are for a period of employment of 120 calendar days or less; and
have a prevailing wage in the economic region where the job is located, that is at or above, the provincial/territorial median hourly wage.

Highest-paid

These occupations have a prevailing wage in the economic region where the job is located, that is at or above, the top 10% of wages in the province/territory.

My guess is that once they do the initial review of the application and you don't meet the above, you are determined to not be eligible for 10 day processing - hence the correspondence you have seen.

Honeyaustin

Jun 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lmia is simple and straight forward process , the wage that is advertised should be more than or equal to the median wage that is on the job bank for that particular position