+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applied Workpermit in Sept2020 (Inland) DELAY PROCESSING

Ms_indocad

Jan 11, 2020
Is there anyone who can tell how long more it will take to process work permit application. I have submitted online work permit application with LMIA on 30th Sept 2020.
And there is still no reply.
Anyone who is in same boat? Or any information that how long I need to keep my patients?

Majima

Star Member
May 21, 2021
North Vancouver
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
04-09-2020
Is there anyone who can tell how long more it will take to process work permit application. I have submitted online work permit application with LMIA on 30th Sept 2020.
And there is still no reply.
Anyone who is in same boat? Or any information that how long I need to keep my patients?
Hi there,

I’m a Sept common-law sponsorship applicant & submitted an open work permit application at the same time as you.

From what I know - IRCC is slowly starting to send out OWPs to Aug applicants but there have been cases where later applicants have received answers too.
I suggest waiting a couple weeks more - you can always contact IRCC to check on the stage of your application, or have your local MP contact them to get an update.

Reactions: Ms_indocad

Ms_indocad

Jan 11, 2020
Hi there,

I’m a Sept common-law sponsorship applicant & submitted an open work permit application at the same time as you.

From what I know - IRCC is slowly starting to send out OWPs to Aug applicants but there have been cases where later applicants have received answers too.
I suggest waiting a couple weeks more - you can always contact IRCC to check on the stage of your application, or have your local MP contact them to get an update.
Thanks for your response on this .. actually the wait is taking away all my patients ever since!!

How can I reach to Local MP? Will that work?

Majima

Star Member
May 21, 2021
North Vancouver
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
04-09-2020
Thanks for your response on this .. actually the wait is taking away all my patients ever since!!

How can I reach to Local MP? Will that work?
You can find who your local MP is here: https://www.ourcommons.ca/members/en

MP’s work on a federal level in the same way as immigration and IRCC. They have some leeway in terms of contacting IRCC and asking about the status of your application. I don’t think they can influence decision making or processing times but they can definitely advocate on your behalf if you feel your processing time has passed & you’re being severely affected.

Give them a call or email them!

Ms_indocad

Jan 11, 2020
You can find who your local MP is here: https://www.ourcommons.ca/members/en

MP’s work on a federal level in the same way as immigration and IRCC. They have some leeway in terms of contacting IRCC and asking about the status of your application. I don’t think they can influence decision making or processing times but they can definitely advocate on your behalf if you feel your processing time has passed & you’re being severely affected.

Give them a call or email them!
oh I got it!!
actually I’m also on restoration status currently. That’s why making me more concerned.
I’ll keep my finger crossed .

Majima

Star Member
May 21, 2021
North Vancouver
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
04-09-2020
oh I got it!!
actually I’m also on restoration status currently. That’s why making me more concerned.
I’ll keep my finger crossed .
Wait do you mean you already applied for restoration of work permit and was granted one (the one you have right now)?

Last edited:

Ms_indocad

Jan 11, 2020
Wait do you mean you already applied for restoration of work permit and was granted one (the one you have right now)?

it shouldn’t have any impact on TRV application as long as you never overstayed your visa or worked illegally.
No I haven’t been granted. Ever since this lockdown happen due to covid my file is stucked. Seems to be like forever…
Yes my other visa has got expired I’m just on grace period doing nothing illegal in canada. No job nothing..

Majima

Star Member
May 21, 2021
North Vancouver
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
04-09-2020
No I haven’t been granted. Ever since this lockdown happen due to covid my file is stucked. Seems to be like forever…
Yes my other visa has got expired I’m just on grace period doing nothing illegal in canada. No job nothing..
Oh ok. Yeah you might have to just wait it out and see what happens.
It does look like IRCC is slowly getting processing times on track so maybe you’ll hear something soon!
good luck and plz update here if you get your work permit soon

Ms_indocad

Jan 11, 2020
Hi there,

hi…
Any update or response on your process??