+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applied with less than 1095 days! Big mistake

dabas

Star Member
Jan 27, 2016
Hi Ivana,

I want to get to that CIC know more than what applicants normally think they know in terms of accurate exit days or not? is that what you felt?

were the 17 days only to US? or other countries?

It is my own feelings that what the CJ shows may differ than the actual decision and I feel that you will be granted citizenship. In law experienced people and judges hardly indicate their real feelings. Sometimes you will be assured you are OK and may feel it will be approved but you get refusal..and vice versa

ivana

Star Member
Mar 12, 2015
dabas, I promised to keep you guys updated. I just don't think so. To answer your question, it was just to the US. My passports do have stamps to other countries in Asia. The trips in question were to the US.

"In law experienced people and judges hardly indicate their real feelings"
In this case, I can guarantee you this was not the case... I just don't understand why she just told me strait out to leave the office instead of spending her time/my time showing me every single mistake I made. Also, I forgot to mention that attached to the RQ was a letter acknowledging my mistake. It was not a surprise to her, I assume...

On another note, all my clearances are expired and on my last ATIP report did not show the ask for new ones...

I am just disappointed and it was not fun at all.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
ivana said:
dabas, I promised to keep you guys updated. I just don't think so. To answer your question, it was just to the US. My passports do have stamps to other countries in Asia. The trips in question were to the US.

"In law experienced people and judges hardly indicate their real feelings"
In this case, I can guarantee you this was not the case... I just don't understand why she just told me strait out to leave the office instead of spending her time/my time showing me every single mistake I made. Also, I forgot to mention that attached to the RQ was a letter acknowledging my mistake. It was not a surprise to her, I assume...

On another note, all my clearances are expired and on my last ATIP report did not show the ask for new ones...

I am just disappointed and it was not fun at all.
I'm really sorry to hear, as I have been in such helpless situation. Where the CJ gave excuse she does not have time to review my doc's plus stating even your security clearance are NOT current. Further she was concerned if she approve, her decision will be challenged.

When my file was assigned to CJ, it was CIC's damn responsibility to get the my security clearance renewed till some decision is made ?

Dont know if CIC is utterly mismanaged or mischievously managed. Bottom line, CIC has least concerned for customer service.

heeradeepak

Jun 1, 2014
Canadiandesi2006 said:
I'm really sorry to hear, as I have been in such helpless situation. Where the CJ gave excuse she does not have time to review my doc's plus stating even your security clearance are NOT current. Further she was concerned if she approve, her decision will be challenged.

When my file was assigned to CJ, it was CIC's damn responsibility to get the my security clearance renewed till some decision is made ?

Dont know if CIC is utterly mismanaged or mischievously managed. Bottom line, CIC has least concerned for customer service.
CIC need 100% overhaul.

Lily2011

May 6, 2014
Hello Ivana

If you don't mind me asking: How soon did the online status update after receiving the CJ hearing date notice in the mail?

ivana

Star Member
Mar 12, 2015
Lily2011, I got the letter first and a wee later, it was updated.
dabas, I really don't know. My security clearances are all expired. This is according to my last ATIP report [one month ago]. Not just expired, we are talking about around six months expired.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
ivana said:
Lily2011, I got the letter first and a wee later, it was updated.
dabas, I really don't know. My security clearances are all expired. This is according to my last ATIP report [one month ago]. Not just expired, we are talking about around six months expired.
This is really beats me, does the CIC already knew the outcome of the cases even before they are assigned to Citizenship Judges ?.

Is it not the CIC responsibility to keep updated all security clearances for the candidates till their cases are decided.

In my case, the CJ gave couple of excuses,

1) Dont have time to review my doc's (After making me wait for over 4 years ???)
2) Even if I approve the CIC will object (Implying CJ is NOT final authority at CIC,they are just powerless, What's point in CJ hearing ?)
3) Even if I want to approve, your security clearances were NOT renewed (CIC should renew security clearance, till cases are decided)

I suspect that, CJ Hearing just a farce drama to legitimize the rejection. If so, CIC should do in first 3-6 months why drag it for 4 years.

Apparently, its terribly wrong and illogical way processing is been handled. Is it intentional or bureaucratic blunder, is a big mystery.

heeradeepak

Jun 1, 2014
Canadiandesi2006 said:
This is really beats me, does the CIC already knew the outcome of the cases even before they are assigned to Citizenship Judges ?.

Is it not the CIC responsibility to keep updated all security clearances for the candidates till their cases are decided.

In my case, the CJ gave couple of excuses,

1) Dont have time to review my doc's (After making me wait for over 4 years ???)
2) Even if I approve the CIC will object (Implying CJ is NOT final authority at CIC,they are just powerless, What's point in CJ hearing ?)
3) Even if I want to approve, your security clearances were NOT renewed (CIC should renew security clearance, till cases are decided)

I suspect that, CJ Hearing just a farce drama to legitimize the rejection. If so, CIC should do in first 3-6 months why drag it for 4 years.

Apparently, its terribly wrong and illogical way processing is been handled. Is it intentional or bureaucratic blunder, is a big mystery.
Even if CJ approve the CIC will object yes this is true.

From last one or two years it seems that CJ is not a final authority at CIC, as you said they are just powerless and afraid from CIC reason is that in past so many cases which CJ has approved and CIC has appealed in federal court against his judgement. So they doesn't want to put themselves in trouble, now they are for eyewash only.

ivana

Star Member
Mar 12, 2015
Canadiandesi2006, I know!!! well, i am just going to wait for the refusal letter and re-apply in a while. I just don't feel like applying right away. If you don't mind me asking, did you re-apply? where are you at now?

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
ivana said:
Canadiandesi2006, I know!!! well, i am just going to wait for the refusal letter and re-apply in a while. I just don't feel like applying right away. If you don't mind me asking, did you re-apply? where are you at now?
After CJ's coaxing, I had no choice but to withdraw in Jul'15 and re-applied in Oct' 2015, local office is Scarborough, ON. Still waiting for test invite, as Scarborough location is the most slowest in the entire country.