+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applied with less than 1095 days! Big mistake

ivana

Star Member
Mar 12, 2015
Hello Exports,
I had call the centre... no help, they just tell me to wait. Below you will find all my notes with respect to my ATIP file.

NOTES: 1
Created Date: 2015/09/23
Description: ATIP Reference/AIPRP Reference: 'GL 14494' & '09/23/2015'

NOTES: 2
Created Date: 2015/06/08
Description: ATIP Reference/AIPRP Reference: 'CV9972' & '06/08/2015'

NOTES: 3
Created Date: 2015/06/08
Description: ATIP Reference/AIPRP Reference: 'CV9972' & '06/08/2015'

NOTES: 4
Created Date: 2015/05/06
Type: RQ to hearing by officer
Description: FPAT long completed. File forwarded to Hearing. C/FAU/5831

NOTES: 5
Created Date: 2015/04/15
Description: ATIP Reference/AIPRP Reference: 'PB12218' & '04/15/2015'

NOTES: 6
Created Date: 2015/03/16
Description: ATIP Reference/AIPRP Reference: 'AL5989' & '03/16/2015'

NOTES: 7
Created Date: 2015/01/07
Description: Referred to CEN1 as RQ requested at interview. CF/5831

NOTES: 8
Created Date: 2014/11/18
Description: Additional supporting doc. and RQ rec'd. JC/5831

NOTES: 9
Created Date: 2014/01/21
Type: Required Documents Seen

As you can see, I requested many ATIP reports.

Exports

Star Member
Aug 10, 2015
ivana said:
NOTES: 4
Created Date: 2015/05/06
Type: RQ to hearing by officer
Description: FPAT long completed. File forwarded to Hearing. C/FAU/5831
I think in your case the hearing might be only with an officer as the language suggests. I am only comparing with my ATIP that I received wherein it specifically gives the word judge hearing..
Here is the exact wording:

Notes File 2: re opened, re worked and forwarded to Records to be scheduled for RES HEARING with Judge. XX
Unquote

As far as FPAT is concerned it was sent to MTL CEN just after 10 days after my test and is in the attached format as pdf and might have been returned to the local office as attachment.

My only concern is when they will have the CJ hearing- earlier the CO said 3 months, then the call center says 6 months after the test, and sometimes they say it is non-routine so just wait...!

ivana

Star Member
Mar 12, 2015
Exports,
You know, long time ago, like 10 months ago, a call center agent told me not to worry, then, another one told me that I have to wait for a CJ hearing. I just don,t know. What is your time line?

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
ivana said:
Exports,
You know, long time ago, like 10 months ago, a call center agent told me not to worry, then, another one told me that I have to wait for a CJ hearing. I just don,t know. What is your time line?
Read your comments, felt sorry you missed it by just few days. In my case, my attorney made a calculation error and submitted it.

Long story short, nobody to blame except ourselves. After 2 years passed the test and towards end of 3rd years I learnt I'm about 2 months short of required minimum days. The process dragged over 36 months, then assigned to judge and wasted about 4 years of time.

Citizenship Judge stated even knowing its the attorney's mistake, he cannot approve my case. Even if he approve, the CIC would appeal and it would result in longer delay yet without any guarantee of positive outcome. He suggest me to withdraw and re-apply.

Had the CIC rejected my application earlier in the process, I would have applied once I had required number of days and not wasted close to 3 years. Unfortunately, CIC does not tell that but love to drag the candidates for over 4 years and then rejects.

Each case is different, consider your own situation and options. BTW; application under the new rules taking about 8 months.

Exports

Star Member
Aug 10, 2015
one option u may consider is to order physical files if u Hv ordered only electronic ones till now. Just a wild thought if the assigned officer has put ur file in wrong heap! There are atleast two cases I read online which led into track after physical files were ordered. As it is you are already late few more days, u can give a try.
One more thought I think u r in Vancouver, so Hv seen atleast 3 applicants with less num of days approved. One recetly this month just for ur info; again each case is different but still overall with less days it has been approved as well as rejected in case of missing passports etc.

My timeline: applied in March 13,
file returned by Cic for missing docs;
so resent in May 13;
application started processing in June 13,
Rq received: nov 13
Test: aug 15
Awaiting: hearing

AkkDivz

Star Member
May 31, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-07-2009
Doc's Request.
15-09-2009
AOR Received.
21-01-2010
File Transfer...
22-09-2009
Med's Request
22-02-2010
Med's Done....
08-03-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
22-03-2010
LANDED..........
Yet to land
Ivana - what does your status in Ecas show ? is it in progress or decision made?

ivana

Star Member
Mar 12, 2015
Hello everybody!

AkkDivz, my Ecas shows, "In Process". Below you will find the messages.

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on June 3, 2013.
2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on June, 2013.
3. We started processing your application on August 22, 2013.
4. We sent you correspondence on February 5, 2014. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
5. We sent you a notice on October 14, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on November 4, 2014 at 10:01 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Exports,
I am not sure that's a good idea, as you can see, I had order four or five ATIP reports. The physical file would be over 1000 pages easily. Just the bank statements are 500 pages.

Is there any other important information from the ATIP reports that I overlook? Like the hearing part... it always say "not needed" and as a reminder it says "N"...

Exports

Star Member
Aug 10, 2015
Its upto you as I just shared my thoughts! BTW the objective is someone from CIC to get to the files. If you order by email again; you don't meet your objective. If you order the physical electronic files in CD or physical; someone will have to go to the files to scan and send it to you by post. Hence if your file is in wrong heap, it may get traced as its been long that you have given the test and no reply - just a sign of hope!

ivana

Star Member
Mar 12, 2015
Exports,
That's exactly what I order. Physical files, CD. I think I will be waiting for a long long time. Clearance, FOSS, immigration, etc will expired in two weeks, even finger prints. Anything else I should be looking from the ATIP reports? Any thoughts?

ivana

Star Member
Mar 12, 2015
Hello everybody,
I am not sure if I am happy or sad. Today I check the mail and got: Notice to Appear - Hearing with a citizenship Judge" [that's the real title of the letter]

It says: you are reviving this notice because a citizenship judge requires more information about your residence in Canada to make a decision about your citizenship application. In order to gather this information , you are being asked to meet with a citizenship judge for a hearing. The requirements for citizenship, including the residence requirement, are explained in the application package you used and on the Citizenship and immigration Canada (CIC) website at: www.cic.ga.ca/english/citizenship/become.asp.

Soooo, tomorrow, I will get back to you guys. I hope I have a strong case. Does anybody know of a similar case in Vancouver which happen recently? Does anybody has that tread? Let me know guys.

Thanks everybody for the massive support. :)

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
ivana said:
Hello everybody,
I am not sure if I am happy or sad. Today I check the mail and got: Notice to Appear - Hearing with a citizenship Judge" [that's the real title of the letter]

It says: you are reviving this notice because a citizenship judge requires more information about your residence in Canada to make a decision about your citizenship application. In order to gather this information , you are being asked to meet with a citizenship judge for a hearing. The requirements for citizenship, including the residence requirement, are explained in the application package you used and on the Citizenship and immigration Canada (CIC) website at: www.cic.ga.ca/english/citizenship/become.asp.

Soooo, tomorrow, I will get back to you guys. I hope I have a strong case. Does anybody know of a similar case in Vancouver which happen recently? Does anybody has that tread? Let me know guys.

Thanks everybody for the massive support. :)
Wish you all the best !!!

nope

Oct 3, 2015
Canadiandesi2006 said:
Read your comments, felt sorry you missed it by just few days. In my case, my attorney made a calculation error and submitted it.

Long story short, nobody to blame except ourselves. After 2 years passed the test and towards end of 3rd years I learnt I'm about 2 months short of required minimum days. The process dragged over 36 months, then assigned to judge and wasted about 4 years of time.

Citizenship Judge stated even knowing its the attorney's mistake, he cannot approve my case. Even if he approve, the CIC would appeal and it would result in longer delay yet without any guarantee of positive outcome. He suggest me to withdraw and re-apply.

Had the CIC rejected my application earlier in the process, I would have applied once I had required number of days and not wasted close to 3 years. Unfortunately, CIC does not tell that but love to drag the candidates for over 4 years and then rejects.

Each case is different, consider your own situation and options. BTW; application under the new rules taking about 8 months.
Under the old system, your case HAD to go to the judge -- CIC could not summarily dismiss it.

ivana

Star Member
Mar 12, 2015
Hello,
If I understand correctly, under the old system, the Judge must refuse or accept my application? Is that the case. Either way, I am happy this is going to be over. Worst case, we re-apply. I will keep you guys posted.

AkkDivz

Star Member
May 31, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-07-2009
Doc's Request.
15-09-2009
AOR Received.
21-01-2010
File Transfer...
22-09-2009
Med's Request
22-02-2010
Med's Done....
08-03-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
22-03-2010
LANDED..........
Yet to land
hi ivana - I am sure it will end well for you.

looks like the only issue with your case is the shortage of days due to miscalculation.

in that case, provided you can prove ties to Canada , it should be approved after the judge hearing.

I have shared my experience on a couple of forums on shortage of days (mine was intentional application due to shortage of days caused by business trips while working in Canada) and it ended positively for me.

So I am sure things will go well for you.

good luck!