+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

APPLIED PR CARD RENEWAL ON URGENT BASIS

prcard18

May 1, 2015
Dear
I have applied for PR card on urgent basis providing all the documents Travel proof, Payment proof ect.
Residency obligation 735 days in last five years. But full fill these after 10 months expiry of PR card.

Although 3 weeks gone tilldate no status showing in site.

Travel date is just 10 days ahead from today.

when will the status showing in the site ?

How long it takes to receive the card after showing the status on the first day ? Please answere

MiriamT

May 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
São Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-03-2009
File Transfer...
09-03-2009
Med's Done....
28-10-2008
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2009
LANDED..........
27-11-2009
prcard18 said:
Dear
I have applied for PR card on urgent basis providing all the documents Travel proof, Payment proof ect.
Residency obligation 735 days in last five years. But full fill these after 10 months expiry of PR card.

How long it takes to receive the card after showing the status on the first day ? Please answere
I'd try to find out what's wrong by calling them — even if you didn't receive it in time for your trip, it should at least show on e-CAS. Maybe you didn't fulfill the urgency requirement (i.e. the officer didn't think you included enough proof of the urgency)? Did you write in the package that it was urgent? Or maybe they are taking a look into the fact that you met the residency requirements by a few days, assuming your dates are absolutely correct?

Mine was received by CIC last week, mid-week. Despite the fact that it is stated on e-CAS that "[t]he Client Application Status site is updated weekly, usually on Tuesdays," I decided to check it on Monday, which would be 3 business days after my application was received by them. It was already available, and they had started working on it on Friday.

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
prcard18 said:
Dear

I do not have an answer for your specific questions but there is a significant risk your application will not be processed on an urgent basis, and actually a significant risk it could be subject to secondary review (if not a full residency determination), thus not routine, thus not processed within even the timeline for routine PR card applications.

It depends on the particular of your case and history and circumstances of course, so I do not really know the extent of the risk.

But obviously you have spent well over half the time outside Canada in the last five years, so just as obviously a total stranger bureaucrat reviewing the application to determine if you are eligible to be issued a PR card, including assessing compliance with the PR Residency Obligation, might decide to more closely examine your compliance with the PR RO.

There have been a substantial number of reports, over the last few years, by PRs who have applied for the PR card after just barely meeting the PR RO (less than 900 days, that is, with less than having spent half their time in Canada), who have been referred for a secondary review, some receiving the Residency Determination form and subjected to a residency examination, many encountering a significant delay in processing over and above the routine processing timeline . . . and it appears that those in this group who made an application for urgent processing (thus signaling their intent to soon again be absent from Canada) are particularly at risk for this.

If you decide to go ahead with the plan to travel, you may want to be sure to take a copy of your proof of residency with you . . . either for the purpose of applying for a PR Travel Document if you need one to return to Canada, or to have for an interview at the POE upon your return (here too whether there is a residency examination done at the POE depends on the particulars of your case, and whether or not in reviewing the PR card application there has been a flag entered into your GCMS/FOSS records which would trigger a referral to secondary at the POE . . . again, this is about risks not about what will happen for sure).

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Based on what we've seen on this forum, people who apply for urgent processing and who only have around 730 days of residency can expect their applications to be reviewed more closely to ensure the residency obligation was in fact met. It quite possible your renewal will take several months and won't be treated on an urgent basis.

prcard18

May 1, 2015
Thanks for the answer sir

Yes I have fulfilled all documents like proof of payment, Travel proof with return ticket copy , and application related documents also sent it by express mail , also written on the envelope " Urgent , Proof of travel included ". Employed full time here and all proof, family here , kids schooling etc.

In express courier inserted my application envelope, and not written the urgent processing language above express Canada post envelope. I have written it in on my application envelope the lines. Can it make some illusion or application envelope are opened and taken out from express envelope.

But till date no status although I ful fill the residency obligation 735/ last five years and +one month again passed. required to attend court overseas regarding Property matter issue in the court hearing required my presence ( I have procrastinated my absence from court and request court multiple times for absence, but now can't do any more, can go against me).

Still confused how to proceed?

Please suggest appropriate solution.

Thanks

ttrajan

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2013
Category........
AINP
Job Offer........
Yes
LANDED..........
15-08-2012
May be you can call CIC to find out the status.

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
prcard18 said:
Thanks for the answer sir

Yes I have fulfilled all documents like proof of payment, Travel proof with return ticket copy , and application related documents also sent it by express mail , also written on the envelope " Urgent , Proof of travel included ". Employed full time here and all proof, family here , kids schooling etc.

In express courier inserted my application envelope, and not written the urgent processing language above express Canada post envelope. I have written it in on my application envelope the lines. Can it make some illusion or application envelope are opened and taken out from express envelope.

But till date no status although I ful fill the residency obligation 735/ last five years and +one month again passed. required to attend court overseas regarding Property matter issue in the court hearing required my presence ( I have procrastinated my absence from court and request court multiple times for absence, but now can't do any more, can go against me).

Still confused how to proceed?

Please suggest appropriate solution.

Thanks
A call to the call centre may help to clarify the status of your application, but you really have worked yourself into a bind it appears. The reason for the travel is not likely to make a difference in how quickly CIC processes the PR card application. And again, there is a very substantial risk your application will NOT be processed on an urgent basis . . . but to the contrary, may take longer than even a routine application!

If you do not carry a visa-exempt passport, in order to return to Canada you are probably faced with having to apply for a PR Travel Document while abroad . . . so you will want to carry a copy of your proof of compliance with the PR Residency Obligation with you when you travel.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
dpenabill said:
And again, there is a very substantial risk your application will NOT be processed on an urgent basis . . . but to the contrary, may take longer than even a routine application!
100% agreed with dpenabill. As I said above, applying for urgent processing when you just barely meet the residency requirement often means your application is going to be looked at a lot more closely. Forget about urgent processing times. It's quite possible you're going to be looking at several months of processing.

prcard18

May 1, 2015
Thank you to all respected members who replied. Really appreciable.

Dear friends as suggested you mean, I really made a mistake by applying for urgent processing, Is that correct ?

Should I have applied on routine basis so as to get PR card on routine basis ?

Now realizing that I have wasted both Time and Money by doing so.

If I go on the schedule date you mean Which documents and papers should I take along for getting Travel document while coming back ?

What are the step by step procedure to get a travel document abroad ?
Can get the same day or take few days to get travel documents ? get it by hand on window or by mail ?

Please reply ? Thank you so much for response ?

Gameelhana

May 15, 2015
I agree that applying on an urgent basis seems to be a big mistake.
I applied urgently not because I am traveling but because I needed to renew my PR card in order to renew my Student Loan. I sent my documents and were received by CIC in November 2014. I included the request of Advanced Department of Education requesting the renewal of PR. At that time I had already spent 900 days inside Canada out of the 5 years needed. They sent me an e-mail in February 2015 that a second review will be done. Today after more than 3 months for the secondary review, still no news. The call center is only giving general information and saying I have to wait.
Definitely they are punishing us for daring to request urgent renewal of this CARD.

MiriamT

May 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
São Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-03-2009
File Transfer...
09-03-2009
Med's Done....
28-10-2008
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2009
LANDED..........
27-11-2009
Gameelhana said:
I agree that applying on an urgent basis seems to be a big mistake.
I applied urgently not because I am traveling but because I needed to renew my PR card in order to renew my Student Loan. I sent my documents and were received by CIC in November 2014. I included the request of Advanced Department of Education requesting the renewal of PR. At that time I had already spent 900 days inside Canada out of the 5 years needed. They sent me an e-mail in February 2015 that a second review will be done. Today after more than 3 months for the secondary review, still no news. The call center is only giving general information and saying I have to wait.
Definitely they are punishing us for daring to request urgent renewal of this CARD.
I prefer not to speculate on why it went for secondary review and whatnot. However, when we check on CIC website for urgent processing, it refers to travelling outside of Canada, hence asking to include proof of travel and payment of trip, and putting "Urgent — Proof of travel included". Your case is different, and not what is on CIC's website (unless I missed something). So I disagree that applicants are being punished for asking for urgent processing when they apply outside of the basis that CIC expedited procedure is for.

Best of luck, I hope everything solves ASAP.

MiriamT

May 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
São Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-03-2009
File Transfer...
09-03-2009
Med's Done....
28-10-2008
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2009
LANDED..........
27-11-2009
I'd like to share my timeline with you guys, and found that the urgent processing thread would be suitable.

Tried to access e-Cas just now. Tried THREE times and could not access it, and since I was repeatedly not having any success accessing it I started to get nervous. Then decided to use my current surname (I'm requesting a change)... Surprise:

"Permanent Resident Card
We received your application for a permanent resident card on May 6, 2015.

We started processing your application on May 8, 2015.

Your request for a permanent resident card was approved on May 14, 2015. Your Permanent resident card will be mailed to you or if quality assurance is required, made available for you to pick up at a CIC office.
"

Here's a list of all documentation sent with my application, in case anyone would like to know about how I documented and organized things: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/no-tax-assessments-to-include-in-pr-renewal-additional-documents-questions-t279076.0.html;msg4284900#msg4284900

prcard18

May 1, 2015
Dear Friends

Till today May 21, No status showing in site.

Please suggest what to do ?

I don't find any benefit of Applying Urgent Processing ?

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
prcard18 said:
Dear Friends

Till today May 21, No status showing in site.

Please suggest what to do ?

I don't find any benefit of Applying Urgent Processing ?
Again, in your circumstances not only was there not likely to be any benefit from applying for urgent processing, but doing so is likely to have triggered elevated scrutiny, and thus you may not even see the benefit of routine processing timelines.

It could be a long while before you get a new PR card.

What to do? Either WAIT or go ahead and travel without a valid PR card, recognizing that if you need to obtain a PR Travel Document while abroad, then you will need to document, in the application for the PR TD, proof establishing compliance with the PR Residency Obligation . . . proof of dates present in Canada, proof of rental or ownership of residence, proof of employment.