+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applied from U.S.A - Fall 2020. Study Permit Tracking

lamen22

Star Member
Sep 8, 2020
anyone one from this group got passport submission request from LA VFS. I can see below message on their website.

• The CVAC in “Los Angeles” is closed to the public, but will provide Passport Submission services with effect from 14th September 2020 Applicants are requested to send their passports to the CVAC by mail or using a courier service. Submission of passports in-person at the CVAC is not permitted until further notice. Use the link under “Submit passport and other documents” for instructions on sending your passport to the CVAC by mail using CVAC approved courier service.
Have you received your passport request from them?

lamen22

Star Member
Sep 8, 2020
anyone one from this group got passport submission request from LA VFS. I can see below message on their website.

• The CVAC in “Los Angeles” is closed to the public, but will provide Passport Submission services with effect from 14th September 2020 Applicants are requested to send their passports to the CVAC by mail or using a courier service. Submission of passports in-person at the CVAC is not permitted until further notice. Use the link under “Submit passport and other documents” for instructions on sending your passport to the CVAC by mail using CVAC approved courier service.
Also, my ppr was generated over a month and a half ago but the status on GCMS notes says "not started"
and it was also due over a month and a half ago. So now, I'm just waiting.

Reactions: suhelm

Hertie

Aug 28, 2020
Date Applied: August 6th
Intake: Fall 2020
Medical Done: Not applicable
Biometrics done : Yes (August 20th)
CAQ applicable or received. Yes
AIP: August 28th
Application Status: Approved today and received Passport request (October 28th)

yxjason

Oct 5, 2019
Date Applied: August 6th
Intake: Fall 2020
Medical Done: Not applicable
Biometrics done : Yes (August 20th)
CAQ applicable or received. Yes
AIP: August 28th
Application Status: Approved today and received Passport request (October 28th)
Did u receive BVL?

mmespedillon

Oct 13, 2020
Hi guys! I saw this thread and I am planning to apply for study permit spring intake. Im just worried since I am only h4 here in US and ofcourse no work. I would like to check if you have any sample SOP and did you explain why are you studying in canada when US has the same quality of education? Did u mention ur going back to US or country of citizenship?

janesama

Aug 14, 2020
Category........
WP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-04-2022
Med's Done....
13-08-2020
LANDED..........
16-11-2020
Hi guys! I saw this thread and I am planning to apply for study permit spring intake. Im just worried since I am only h4 here in US and ofcourse no work. I would like to check if you have any sample SOP and did you explain why are you studying in canada when US has the same quality of education? Did u mention ur going back to US or country of citizenship?
Most people usually mention that it is cheaper in Canada in terms of tuition and rent. Like significantly cheaper (6,000 USD in Canada vs 20,000 USD in US)

mmespedillon

Oct 13, 2020
Hi guys! I would like to share my timeline and hope to encourage anyone waiting on their application :)

i'm an h4 visa holder and arrive in US last march 2020

applied: October 31, 2020
intake: may 2021
Biometrics: nov 16 2020
Medical: not applicable
Correspondence letter: dec 14 2020
OPR letter: dec 14 2020, arrived after 4 hours from correspondence letter

Now my next process is to apply my husband who is H1B, has anyone tried to apply their dependent with Open work permit recently?

suhelm

Star Member
Jan 28, 2019
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Los angeles
Applied 19th May - Student Permit for myself,OWP for wife, visitor visa for 8 year old daughter.
Biometric - 20th July
Webform raised for changing DLI from Ontario to Quebec on 8th Aug- ack received.
AIP - 19th Aug.
Started online class - 8th Sept
BIO validity +PPR for all : 25th Nov
Entered Canada : 18th Dec : Permit, Work permit, Visitor record issued

Currently in quarantine.

ABmercy&Gr8s

Star Member
Nov 30, 2019
Applied 19th May - Student Permit for myself,OWP for wife, visitor visa for 8 year old daughter.
Biometric - 20th July
Webform raised for changing DLI from Ontario to Quebec on 8th Aug- ack received.
AIP - 19th Aug.
Started online class - 8th Sept
BIO validity +PPR for all : 25th Nov
Entered Canada : 18th Dec : Permit, Work permit, Visitor record issued

Currently in quarantine.
Interesting! Happy landing. I share similar profile with you: spouse on OWP, 2kids on Visitor Visa, third kid is a U.S citizen(no need for Visitor Visa). We had our passports stamped and returned on 11th December,2020.Will Start online class in January, and land in May after the Online Class.
What was tour status in the USA; F1 (OPT,STEM OPT, regular F1 student), H1B or H4 visa holder?

ABmercy&Gr8s

Star Member
Nov 30, 2019
Hi guys! I would like to share my timeline and hope to encourage anyone waiting on their application :)

i'm an h4 visa holder and arrive in US last march 2020

applied: October 31, 2020
intake: may 2021
Biometrics: nov 16 2020
Medical: not applicable
Correspondence letter: dec 14 2020
OPR letter: dec 14 2020, arrived after 4 hours from correspondence letter

Now my next process is to apply my husband who is H1B, has anyone tried to apply their dependent with Open work permit recently?
As an H4 visa holder, were you allowed to work in the USA.

suhelm

Star Member
Jan 28, 2019
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Los angeles
Interesting! Happy landing. I share similar profile with you: spouse on OWP, 2kids on Visitor Visa, third kid is a U.S citizen(no need for Visitor Visa). We had our passports stamped and returned on 11th December,2020.Will Start online class in January, and land in May after the Online Class.
What was tour status in the USA; F1 (OPT,STEM OPT, regular F1 student), H1B or H4 visa holder?
I was on a L1B

Reactions: ABmercy&Gr8s