+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applied for proof of citizenship in June and still no AOR

uzayrn

Nov 15, 2019
Hello guys,
I applied for my proof of citizenship certificate (as an adult) from outside of Canada and my courier service mentioned that the application was received in June 2020. However, it has been about 7 months now and I still have not heard anything from IRCC and not received my AOR. Is this normal?

Thanks

Amit6351

Star Member
Oct 17, 2014
I am in same boat. My proof of citizenship file was received in August 1 and no AOR yet. Just hang in there. Processing is slow because of current circumstances.

uzayrn

Nov 15, 2019
I am in same boat. My proof of citizenship file was received in August 1 and no AOR yet. Just hang in there. Processing is slow because of current circumstances.
please let me know here if you receive a reply. I’ll do the same :)

skamya

Aug 31, 2016
I submitted my application in July,2020 and was in same situation till yesterday. I called CIC and they confirmed, they have my application in CIC system, gave my application number but not AOR to my email address. they asked me to wait for sometime to see the updates from CIC.

So I would suggest you to call CIC for further details on your application.

Good Luck.

uzayrn

Nov 15, 2019
I submitted my application in July,2020 and was in same situation till yesterday. I called CIC and they confirmed, they have my application in CIC system, gave my application number but not AOR to my email address. they asked me to wait for sometime to see the updates from CIC.

Good Luck.
Can you tell me how do you contact them from outside Canada?

myscanada

Star Member
Sep 7, 2018
Hi
I applied for proof of citizenship for my son in June 2020 and myself in Jul 2020, still no AOR, waiting
Applied from within Canada

uzayrn

Nov 15, 2019

Good Luck.
Hi, can you please advice how you contacted the CIC?
Thanks

skamya

Aug 31, 2016
1-888-242-2100

Call the IRCC Call Centre (1-888-242-2100), from within Canada only, Monday to Friday, 8am to 4pm local time, except for statutory holidays). To speak to an agent, navigate through the automated messages by pressing 3-4-1-0. Prepare to wait on hold for some time.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi
I applied for proof of citizenship for my son in June 2020 and myself in Jul 2020, still no AOR, waiting
Applied from within Canada
Think you may be confusing applying for citizenship and applying for proof of citizenship. You are not claiming citizenship based on parents who were Canadian.