+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applied for PR Card renewal more than 2 months ago, heard nothing from IRCC.

alexru

Jan 7, 2020
Hello. I applied to renew my PR card on November 3rd 2023, and till this day, I still haven’t heard anything from the IRCC. I’ve checked my PR Portal, it’s still just left as submitted.

My sister, who applied couple weeks after me got her renewed PR card in just 10 days.

My PR card will expire at the end of this month and I’m a little nervous. What’s the best course of action here? Any advice is appreciated. Thank you.

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello. I applied to renew my PR card on November 3rd 2023, and till this day, I still haven’t heard anything from the IRCC. I’ve checked my PR Portal, it’s still just left as submitted.

My sister, who applied couple weeks after me got her renewed PR card in just 10 days.

My PR card will expire at the end of this month and I’m a little nervous. What’s the best course of action here? Any advice is appreciated. Thank you.
You are within normal processing time. All you can do is be patient. You don’t need a valid PR card if not travelling out of Canada.

alexru

Jan 7, 2020
Thank you for your response, I also initially thought it’d take quite a bit of time with renewal, but seeing that my sister got her back extremely quickly, I was worried maybe my application is lost in the system or somehow done incorrectly.

Maruchan

Star Member
Oct 9, 2016
Are you a daily commuter to US? Did you apply in emergency? I applied on 3 Jan. A friend who applied on 1 Jan got a card in 2 weeks.

Maruchan

Star Member
Oct 9, 2016
On a side note, did you apply thru portal? I got to know from fellow applicants that you need to give permission to IRCC to contact CBSA for no of days. But I did not see any such field in the pr portal online application.

alexru

Jan 7, 2020
Yes I did apply through portal, I don’t specifically recall the permission to CBSA part but I’m sure I’d have agreed if that was there.

Reactions: Maruchan