+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applied for FSWP through EE but fired

Jennyyyyyy

Feb 6, 2015
Owner wants to fire me to hire a new staff and give LMIA but I applied for my PR(FSWP) last month. Does my application get cancelled if he does something that he wants to do?

andy000

Aug 20, 2014
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-11-2015 :Quebec . 18-11-2016 : Federal
Doc's Request.
26-05-2016 : Birth Certificate (Quebec). RPRF paid Upfront. Australian PCC sent with application.(Federal)
Nomination.....
10-06-2016 : CSQ.
AOR Received.
07-12-2015 : Quebec . 17-02-2017 : Federal.
IELTS Request
Sent With Application.
File Transfer...
17-02-2017.
Med's Request
04-04-2017.
Med's Done....
13-04-2017. Passed : 20-04-2017
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
01-03-2018.
VISA ISSUED...
08-03-2018.
LANDED..........
01-05-2018
Jennyyyyyy said:
Owner wants to fire me to hire a new staff and give LMIA but I applied for my PR(FSWP) last month. Does my application get cancelled if he wants to do what wanna do?
Nope , you just dont get 600 points my friend, whats ur score on EE?

hulahoop

Feb 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-01-2015
AOR Received.
13-02-2015
IELTS Request
12-06-2015
Technically you're supposed to inform them about things like losing a job that counted towards your points (the 600 points Andy mentioned).

It's probably worth giving them a call.

From what you say it sounds like you've already applied you're just waiting for a decision (i.e. you've submitted all your documents etc.) so it might be OK.

I'd be really interested in what the result is actually. Good luck.

springchicken

Aug 29, 2014
I think that you will need to retain your job until the FSW PR application is APPROVED and ISSUED. If you lose your job in the meantime, you may need to find an equivalent job somewhere so please be careful around this. CIC are the people who can inform you most accurately of course.

Jennyyyyyy

Feb 6, 2015
I wasn't able to speak to CIC call center agent because the line was too busy all day long. But I asked this question through case specific inquiry and got this answer.

Q. I am currently working in Canada with a valid permanant job offer and I got points from EE and FSWP bacause of this job offer. Is it possible to stop working in Canada after applying for Express Entry program, go back to my country and wait untill I get the landing paper? Or do I have to keep working for my employer who offered me a job offer?

A. We cannot answer this question for you, as this is an arrangement between you and your employer. Note that having an application in progress does not guarantee re-entry to Canada later.

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm not surprised they couldn't answer the question, as it was not at all clear that you were asking about losing your job.

If I had not read your original post, I would have understood your (confusing) question as asking if you could take a leave of absence from your job, and return to Canada, to the same employer, once you get PR.

Jennyyyyyy

Feb 6, 2015
By the time when I sent that inquiry letter, I was thinking of going on a holiday for two month keeping my job ( my representative said it is ok) but now, the owner actually wants to fire me which means my job offer will be invalid.

springchicken

Aug 29, 2014
Well I think your question was OK - it wasn't too far off, but the CIC answer was clearly very generic. I think you can try to call them again. Also, I think if you got points from the LMO then there may be an issue. Is there any way you can keep your job for a while?

Did you get the EE through LMO or PNP?

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jennyyyyyy said:
By the time when I sent that inquiry letter, I was thinking of going on a holiday for two month keeping my job ( my representative said it is ok) but now, the owner actually wants to fire me which means my job offer will be invalid.
Ah, that's clearer, thank you. That's what I thought you were asking CIC :), but in light of your original post, it didn't quite make sense to me.

So yes, as Springchicken says, you need to ask the new question.

Good luck!

narby

Star Member
Jan 13, 2015
Well... only Visa Officer knows this...

One thing we found out is CIC will call your work place to ask about your status and etc.
If you get fired, I recommend you to be honest with your issue and report to CIC.

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
It is my understanding that on the date you get an invitation, you must still qualify. So if the points you claimed to apply have dropped below the cutoff for that invitation you would no longer qualify. Do others have the same thoughts?

springchicken

Aug 29, 2014
Yes. EE is the same as any Federal Program and I believe you need to maintain the same eligibility factors throughout the process, until after PR is issued, i.e. if successful.

aj355

Star Member
Oct 25, 2014
Here is my understanding:

The CRS have 600 points for "arranged employment" (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/express-entry/grid-crs.asp). The details of "Arrange employment" are at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/hire/offers.asp

This url says: "Express Entry candidates who have a job offer supported by a LMIA from a Canadian employer will be invited to apply for PR". It further says "Employers need to provide a job offer supported by an LMIA .... get a positive LMIA... tell their candidate to create an EE profile".

Nowhere it says that the candidate has to be working currently for the employer. The points are for the job offer and positive LMIA.

What if the job offer says that the joining date of candidate if after 6-9 months. According to current description of "Arrange employment", the candidate should get the points and should be able to get the PR. Trying to extend the same logic for past job offers.

However I might be wrong, it would be good if people can call CIC and ask.

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aj355 said:
Here is my understanding:

The CRS have 600 points for "arranged employment" (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/express-entry/grid-crs.asp). The details of "Arrange employment" are at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/hire/offers.asp

This url says: "Express Entry candidates who have a job offer supported by a LMIA from a Canadian employer will be invited to apply for PR". It further says "Employers need to provide a job offer supported by an LMIA .... get a positive LMIA... tell their candidate to create an EE profile".

Nowhere it says that the candidate has to be working currently for the employer. The points are for the job offer and positive LMIA.

What if the job offer says that the joining date of candidate if after 6-9 months. According to current description of "Arrange employment", the candidate should get the points and should be able to get the PR. Trying to extend the same logic for past job offers.

However I might be wrong, it would be good if people can call CIC and ask.
That is all well and good. However, if you read the OP, she is about to lose her job. So not relevant to her case.