+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applied for a TRV from karachi, Pakistan (online). super delayed.

furqan shahid

Jan 15, 2015
I am writing in regard to my canada TRV application submitted on February 2, 2016 (online). As per the date today, it has been more than 60 days without any response from CIC. The cic web site processing time Pakistan trv is 35 days. As I have to travel shortly.
I have emailed islamabad @islamabad-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca
their respond was (Your application is currently in process and under review). no futher information was given,
please advice, i understand my application falls under the 20% who face delay but usually the delay would be 3 month 4 month or longeR?
currently its been more then 63 days.

i have also send a case specific enquiry no reply from them as the normal processing time have long passed.
anyone with similar position from TRV pakistan islamabad?
willl the delay leads to rejection ?
what are my chances of getting a visa since i fall into 20% delay section?
any idea how many more days it will take?
time line:
applied : 2nd feb 2016
bio: 3rd feb 2016
no updates after that.

please advice.

Landing_PR

Champion Member
Sep 30, 2015
Visa Office......
London Visa Office
App. Filed.......
Dec 10, 15
Doc's Request.
Sept 28, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 4, 2016
File Transfer...
Feb 19, 2016
Med's Done....
Dec 3, 2015/Re-Med: April 25, 2017
Interview........
15-05-2017
I have applied for my husband in Lahore, Pakistan. We applied on Feb 26th. No updates or responses from CIC. I've sent a case specific yesterday.

All we can do is pray and hope for the best.

Thanks.

chau01

Star Member
May 29, 2006
furqan shahid said:
I am writing in regard to my canada TRV application submitted on February 2, 2016 (online). As per the date today, it has been more than 60 days without any response from CIC. The cic web site processing time Pakistan trv is 35 days. As I have to travel shortly.
their respond was (Your application is currently in process and under review). no futher information was given,
please advice, i understand my application falls under the 20% who face delay but usually the delay would be 3 month 4 month or longeR?

i have also send a case specific enquiry no reply from them as the normal processing time have long passed.
time line:
no updates after that.

please advice.
That delay is nothing... my mother's application was submitted in September 2015, and CHC ISB says it is in process and under review. I dont understand what is the rocket science which is taking too long. I also reached out to local MP (Punjabi) but he did not bother even to respond, however during election campaign he was very responsive :-X I also wrote to Minister of Immigration but as expected no response.

tajinder107

Star Member
Jan 14, 2016
sir
MP have no role in visa .that is why it is Canada.Canada visa is the hardest in the world because nobody returns from the beautiful country (about 90% ) .

alijumani

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
09-08-2015
Landing_PR said:
I have applied for my husband in Lahore, Pakistan. We applied on Feb 26th. No updates or responses from CIC. I've sent a case specific yesterday.

All we can do is pray and hope for the best.

Thanks.
We have a same timeline. I applied online for my parents visit visa on Feb 26, 2016. I have sent a case specific inquiry and got an reply application is currently in process and under review.

chau01

Star Member
May 29, 2006
tajinder107 said:
sir
MP have no role in visa .that is why it is Canada.Canada visa is the hardest in the world because nobody returns from the beautiful country (about 90% ) .
FYI
MP can inquire about visa application.... this option is avaiable on CIC Case Specific Inquiry Form.
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=islamabad&_ga=1.178602788.1628142584.1454527791

Go to Inquirer Identification tab and check drop down ............

arif.jabbar

Feb 1, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Applied on Feb 14th, 2016 and no updates as of yet..

Sent them case specific inquiry yesterday..

xuhaeb

Feb 6, 2013
Hi everyone.

I have also applied for my mother's supervisa 14th january '16 its been 85 dayyyys :mad:. One application got refused earlier in November '15 because I forgot to attach the medical insurance for my mom (that time we received a reply on the 72nd day exactly, took just as long as the expected pricessing time then) . Reapplied on 14 jan 16 and no word since they received bio on around jan 25.

Why do they even quote a processing time when they cant keep their word :-[

Please do post any updates to your applications.

bsobaid

Jul 12, 2009
tajinder107 said:
sir
what are you talking about? they definitely do. They can inquire from the ministry if ministry is not doing its job properly.
Exceeding stated processing time clearly shows cic is doing a bad job and your local mp should talk to the ministry on your behalf.

Advice to the original poster. Dont vote for the guy again and tell your community to not vote for him either. Such irresponsible MPs should be penalised by the voters.

bsobaid

Jul 12, 2009
Also applied for visitor visa for parents (not super visa) Jan 5th online from karachi.
Its been 79 days and the stated processing time is only 39 days.

Not heard anything.
Sent a case specific inquiry 3 weeks ago.

On the 10th day they simply responded that they have sent my inquiry to the concerned department and the concerned department will only contact if they require further information...wtf???
dont think they even read my enquiry and copy pasted a sample response to say something before 10th day is passed.

SHould parents call the cic help center phone number 1-888-242-2100 to check the status?
will cost them long distance with long wait times. is there a local karachi/pakistan phone number?

arif.jabbar

Feb 1, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CIC call center won't answer any question as the application is being processed outside Canada. So your parents would just waste their time.

I am astonished to see what the Pakistan high commission is doing with all these online application.

Does any one know what they have doing submitted through VAC/VFS?

I am contacting my MP and he will send the email to the Pakistan HC.

Also, get the GCMS notes as it will help you understand what's going on with the application.

bsobaid

Jul 12, 2009
what has pakistan High Commission to do with that? Visa applications are handled by Canadian embassy or cic.
what is VAC? you mean the cic website where online application is sent? that rarely updates and shows "open" as status.
How to get GCMS notes? what are they?
I submitted online application for visit visa for parents in karachi

arif.jabbar said:
CIC call center won't answer any question as the application is being processed outside Canada. So your parents would just waste their time.

I am astonished to see what the Pakistan high commission is doing with all these online application.

Does any one know what they have doing submitted through VAC/VFS?

I am contacting my MP and he will send the email to the Pakistan HC.

Also, get the GCMS notes as it will help you understand what's going on with the application.

irsh29

Jan 21, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
05-01-2016
IELTS Request
submit with application
furqan shahid said:

time line:
no updates after that.

please advice.
I did applied form my Dad online 23rd Feb,2016 checked the status still in the process

Carpediem

Star Member
Jun 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2014
Nomination.....
CC Charged: 15th Jan 2015, PER: 12th Feb 2015
AOR Received.
SLU: 1st Aug 2015
Med's Request
30th Jul 2015
Med's Done....
19th Aug 2015: Medicals Received in Ecas 17th Oct 2015
Passport Req..
1st Dec 2015 Decision Made: 3rd Dec 2015
VISA ISSUED...
1st Dec 2015 Passport Received: 22nd Dec 2015
LANDED..........
25th July 2016
Hi. My mother applied for TRV on 4th March, on paper, through VFS/VAC in Islamabad. Today, she received an email saying the processed passport was dispatched from Canadian Visa office yesterday, and the VAC guys say she should expect the passport back today or tomorrow. That's 40 days from submission of application to dispatch of passport after decision. We don't know what the decision is yet, but I'm hoping for a positive one obviously.
The thing is, prior to applying, people said that its better to apply on paper through VFS/VAC as processing times are considerably shorter. That's because apparently the online application goes to a central database and is then sorted to be sent to respective visa offices, whereas if submitted directly to VAC, it ensures direct and speedy processing. My mother's case has been similar, though I don't know if she got the visa or not :) but at least a decision has been made in 40 days, and there has been no delay.

Hope it helps.

Cheers

irsh29

Jan 21, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
05-01-2016
IELTS Request
submit with application
Carpediem said:
Hi. My mother applied for TRV on 4th March, on paper, through VFS/VAC in Islamabad. Today, she received an email saying the processed passport was dispatched from Canadian Visa office yesterday, and the VAC guys say she should expect the passport back today or tomorrow. That's 40 days from submission of application to dispatch of passport after decision. We don't know what the decision is yet, but I'm hoping for a positive one obviously.
The thing is, prior to applying, people said that its better to apply on paper through VFS/VAC as processing times are considerably shorter. That's because apparently the online application goes to a central database and is then sorted to be sent to respective visa offices, whereas if submitted directly to VAC, it ensures direct and speedy processing. My mother's case has been similar, though I don't know if she got the visa or not :) but at least a decision has been made in 40 days, and there has been no delay.

I think you are right i did applied online for my Dad on 23rd Feb,2016 and still waiting

Hope it helps.

Cheers