+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applied February 20,2018 - pending decision

slogan2612

Apr 2, 2018
Hi @Bryanna

I applied for TRV on February 20 at Delhi VFS through a travel agent. Reason for travel is to visit my wife for a few weeks - she's a master's student there. There were 2 requirements raised - one for my travel history and another for UK police clearance. Submitted both and my application is still pending for decision. I've emailed delhi innigraimmi four times requesting reasons for delay and no response. Is there anything else we can do?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi @Bryanna

I applied for TRV on February 20 at Delhi VFS through a travel agent. Reason for travel is to visit my wife for a few weeks - she's a master's student there. There were 2 requirements raised - one for my travel history and another for UK police clearance. Submitted both and my application is still pending for decision. I've emailed delhi innigraimmi four times requesting reasons for delay and no response. Is there anything else we can do?
As you had appointed your travel agent as you representative, the visa office will not respond to your emails. I would ask the travel agent to show you the processing status in the online account

slogan2612

Apr 2, 2018
@Bryanna

Thanks. Just one more question please: I have linked the paper application to the cic portal and track my status. Which just states "Application is in process". Can the travel agent see something different in their online account?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
@Bryanna

Thanks. Just one more question please: I have linked the paper application to the cic portal and track my status. Which just states "Application is in process". Can the travel agent see something different in their online account?
Please post all the processing status updates

slogan2612

Apr 2, 2018
Please post all the processing status updates
Details about your application status
When we get your application, there are a series of steps it may go through before we make a decision. Use the following table to find out the current status of each application step.

Application step Current status
Review of eligibility: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.
Review of medical results: You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documents: We are reviewing the additional documents you provided.
Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics: We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check: Not applicable.
Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

This is how it shows in my CIC

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Details about your application status
When we get your application, there are a series of steps it may go through before we make a decision. Use the following table to find out the current status of each application step.

Application step Current status
Review of eligibility
: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.
Review of medical results: You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documents: We are reviewing the additional documents you provided.
Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics: We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check: Not applicable.
Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

This is how it shows in my CIC
It's a good that you're able to see these updates because as per IRCC, only the authorized representative has access to it (I'm assuming you signed the 'Use of representative' IMM 5476 form).

Your eligibility review hasn't started as yet. That's the update to watch for.

Your agent can send another web form + email to NDVO

slogan2612

Apr 2, 2018
It's a good that you're able to see these updates because as per IRCC, only the authorized representative has access to it (I'm assuming you signed the 'Use of representative' IMM 5476 form).

Your eligibility review hasn't started as yet. That's the update to watch for.

Your agent can send another web form + email to NDVO
Yes i did sign those forms,
but I linked my application to CIC by myself.
travel agent told me to give my email address for correspondence while filing out the form.
They are not much of a help that's the problem i'm facing.
I've sent 5 mails and 2 hard copy of letters through Delhi VFS and filled out 2 web forms so far yet no response.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Yes i did sign those forms,
but I linked my application to CIC by myself.
travel agent told me to give my email address for correspondence while filing out the form.
They are not much of a help that's the problem i'm facing.
I've sent 5 mails and 2 hard copy of letters through Delhi VFS and filled out 2 web forms so far yet no response.
Unfortunately, there's nothing else you can do but to wait (you have been waiting)

slogan2612

Apr 2, 2018
Unfortunately, there's nothing else you can do but to wait (you have been waiting)
I just want to know why is this delay and how long should I wait.
Can I cancel this application and reapply again through online or VFS nearer to my place of residence (I'm from South India and nearest VO is Banglore, India) Last time my travel agent sent it to Delhi as they are based over there.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I just want to know why is this delay and how long should I wait.
Two suggestions:
1. Your wife can order GCMS notes
2. Your wife can request the MP's office to inquire about the administrative reasons for the delay. Do note: The MP's office cannot influence nor expedite a decision.

Can I cancel this application and reapply again through online or VFS nearer to my place of residence (I'm from South India and nearest VO is Banglore, India) Last time my travel agent sent it to Delhi as they are based over there.
Don't cancel your current application. The visa office may not allow you to cancel your application. If allowed and you submit a new application, you will again be at the end of the processing queue.

It does not matter if your agent applied from ND because as your authorized rep, they can apply to a VFS/VAC that's closest to where they are

slogan2612

Apr 2, 2018
Two suggestions:
2. Your wife can request the MP's office to inquire about the administrative reasons for the delay. Do note: The MP's office cannot influence nor expedite a decision.

Don't cancel your current application. The visa office may not allow you to cancel your application. If allowed and you submit a new application, you will again be at the end of the processing queue.

It does not matter if your agent applied from ND because as your authorized rep, they can apply to a VFS/VAC that's closest to where they are
Thanks for the information.
So is there any time limit for them to take a decision or should I just keep waiting for ever....

slogan2612

Apr 2, 2018
Two suggestions:

Hi Bryanna,
As I discussed with my travel agent I found out that I didn't submit IMM 5476 forms.
It was the VFS consent forms I signed.
They have just helped me out in documentation and filling out the application.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi Bryanna,
As I discussed with my travel agent I found out that I didn't submit IMM 5476 forms.
It was the VFS consent forms I signed.
They have just helped me out in documentation and filling out the application.
That's why you have been able to link your paper application. If your agent was your authorized representative, you wouldn't have been able to link it