NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
4/04/2015 & 29/6/2015
Passport Req..
11-12-2015
Goodday,

i received ITA and subsequently applied about 3months ago as a single (marital status).

i will be getting married in 6weeks and i am hoping i can bring along my spouse with me when i return to canada if/when PR is granted. presently my application seems to be winding to a closure based on my timelines and similar timelines here.

however, i am wondering what my options are.

i believe having her join me and then pursuing a spousal sponsorship might take a long time (processing time of over a year).

i considered the option of her possibly doing EE as i did (shes a medical doctor and required either citizenship or PR to complete exams to practise in canada).

i am also considering sending a CSE to CIC with a copy of our printed wedding invites, license to wed obtained from the marriage courts and a copy of her british passport. i guess she cant do a medical or else requested to from CIC (the accredited medical centers will not allow).

any ideas on possible ways to go about this. all advise welcome.

thanks

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can add your spouse at any point in time during the process till you land in Canada.

Changes to family composition

All family members must be examined as part of the e-APR, whether accompanying or non-accompanying. Family members can be added to the application at any time during the process, including after the visa is issued but prior to obtaining permanent resident status. Applicants are instructed to inform CIC immediately if their family composition has changed, i.e., birth of a child, marriage, divorce, etc.

Pursuant to R4(1), the principal applicant may not include a spouse or common-law partner in their application if their relationship was entered into primarily to acquire any status or privilege under the Act or is not genuine. Similarly, in accordance with R4(2), the principal applicant may not include an adopted child if the adoption was entered into primarily to obtain any status or privilege under the Act or it did not create a genuine parent-child relationship.

A11.2 does not apply when an applicant adds a family member to their application after e-APR; however, the family member will have to be assessed and the principal applicant must provide CIC with the Additional Family Information (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5406E.pdf) form and pay the applicable fees online.

Source ---> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/refuse.asp

tosincci

Star Member
Oct 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
4/04/2015 & 29/6/2015
Passport Req..
11-12-2015
Thanks @Asivad anac for the quick response.

thats answered my questions perfectly.

aliveli33

Apr 25, 2015
Hi Asivad,

Could not understand this part...

All family members must be examined as part of the e-APR, whether they are accompanying the principal applicant or not. Family members can be added to the application at any time during the process, including after the visa is issued, but prior to obtaining permanent resident status.

Thanks for your help...

StAnger

Nov 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aliveli33 said:
Hi Asivad,

All family members must be examined as part of the e-APR, whether they are accompanying the principal applicant or not. Family members can be added to the application at any time during the process, including after the visa is issued, but prior to obtaining permanent resident status.

Thanks for your help...
Meaning if your spouse/dependant child is not accomanying you, still the cic will examine them i.e. medicals anf crimal checks, as applicable.

If you get married or have a child post submitting, you will have to inform cic and you wil have to pay additional processing fee.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
aliveli33 said:
Hi Asivad,

Thanks for your help...
You don't "obtain permanent resident status" until the moment that the CBSA officer signs your CoPR at the POE and you "land". In other words, even if you marry the day before you plan to land, you must change your plan and not go to Canada. Instead, you must get back to CIC to inform them of the change in your marital circumstances and wait for instructions.

ei8hteen

Star Member
Dec 29, 2014
I'll be in a similar situation soon. Can she apply for visitors visa and start her processing from within Canada?

Br,

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
ei8hteen said:
I'll be in a similar situation soon. Can she apply for visitors visa and start her processing from within Canada?

Br,
If you are married and you land with a COPR that states that you are single, you are a) committing the offence of misrepresentation and b) could never sponsor your spouse (inside or outside of Canada).

ei8hteen

Star Member
Dec 29, 2014
zardoz said:
If you are married and you land with a COPR that states that you are single, you are a) committing the offence of misrepresentation and b) could never sponsor your spouse (inside or outside of Canada).
Totally understand Zardoz. What if I get CoPR before getting married? The intention here is to minimize the separation/waiting period.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
ei8hteen said:
Totally understand Zardoz. What if I get CoPR before getting married? The intention here is to minimize the separation/waiting period.
You must complete the full landing process before getting married. Just receiving the COPR really doesn't mean anything.

ei8hteen

Star Member
Dec 29, 2014
zardoz said:
You must complete the full landing process before getting married. Just receiving the COPR really doesn't mean anything.
Here is my case (maybe I should have wrote it couple of replies ago) and sorry tosincci for dragging this into another conv.
I'm in residing in Canada and received OOPNP

Applied and AOR = September 2015
As of December 12, 2015 = Medical Passed. BG in Process. CELPIP, Schedule 4, 4A asked and submitted (too bad ECAS is down)
I'm hoping to get my PPR by January and complete all the formalities by March (HOPE it happens!!)
I'm getting married in April (Again I hope I complete all my PR formalities as Single Applicant before I go to India to get married) and was wondering if I my partner could apply for Visitor's Visa and then come over with me and then she could apply for PR from within Canada. In this way, the waiting game is over. I may be wrong and I would need your advise on this.

Thanks zardoz,

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
ei8hteen said:
Here is my case (maybe I should have wrote it couple of replies ago) and sorry tosincci for dragging this into another conv.
I'm in residing in Canada and received OOPNP

Applied and AOR = September 2015
As of December 12, 2015 = Medical Passed. BG in Process. CELPIP, Schedule 4, 4A asked and submitted (too bad ECAS is down)
I'm hoping to get my PPR by January and complete all the formalities by March (HOPE it happens!!)
I'm getting married in April (Again I hope I complete all my PR formalities as Single Applicant before I go to India to get married) and was wondering if I my partner could apply for Visitor's Visa and then come over with me and then she could apply for PR from within Canada. In this way, the waiting game is over. I may be wrong and I would need your advise on this.

Thanks zardoz,
Yes, this is possible but you should be aware that there is a real possibility that the visitor visa may be refused. This will depend on many factors, so any thing that I say would be a guess. However, you could get married after becoming a permanent resident and than start sponsorship.

dda

Star Member
Jun 26, 2015
Hello,

I got married last month, and notified CIC for the change in status last month.

I received my AOR in September 2015 and I submitted my finger prints on Oct 28th, 2015. I have not yet received the positive AOR. I updated the status change on Nov 25th, 2015. I am still waiting for the reponse or request for documentation of my wife from CIC.

Question: from the time I received my AOR in Sept 2015, how much more time am I waiting here to get the PR process done? My wife and I will be get it together, any guesses or advice on the timeline I am looking here during this process to get everything done by?

Please note: My wife's visitor visa got rejected although I showed the Consulate that I (primary applicants) file is under process and my wife has been added as a secondary applicant. My file had all possible documentation to prove my marriage and relationship, her status in current country of residence, her employment and plans to visit me and then go back while her file for PR is under process.

So, if anyone is making plans to get along with them on Visitor visa, be cautious as the visitor visa for spouse is really risky.

Please advice me on the timeline for my file I should be looking at after I added my wife in my PR application.

Thanks.