+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicaton may get refused after adding on my wife

Newimmigrant2014

Aug 18, 2014
Called the call centre. The agent said I would be receiving an email confirming that there will be an in person interview and my file has been transferred. Oh noooooooo.....

FSWCIO

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2012
Newimmigrant2014 said:
Called the call centre. The agent said I would be receiving an email confirming that there will be an in person interview and my file has been transferred. Oh noooooooo.....
That's a good sign of movement. Can't get it why are you nervous!! If you are honest no need to be worried my friend. Everything will go smooth. Don't worry. Best of luck.

Newimmigrant2014

Aug 18, 2014
I am nervous because now I probably have to travel all the way back to India for an interview. I have to spend thousands of dollars and ask for time off again from my employer. It's really a pain.

Yes, my wife has completed medical but it doesn't mean much.

Newimmigrant2014

Aug 18, 2014
Newimmigrant2014 said:
Received the email today confirming that my file has been transferred to New Delhi for further examination. I will soon have to fly back to India for an in person interview. OMG!!! I wrote an email back to see if I could change my wife to non accompanying dependent.

desperatehuman

Star Member
Mar 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Newimmigrant2014 said:
Received the email today confirming that my file has been transferred to New Delhi for further examination. I will soon have to fly back to India for an in person interview. OMG!!! I wrote an email back to see if I could change my wife to non accompanying dependent.
I am not sure why you are assuming that you need to go to india for interview because you are already in canada!! If I am not worng your wife should be in India right? In that case you can ask for ur interview here and your wife interview in india!!

Newimmigrant2014

Aug 18, 2014
desperatehuman said:
I am not sure why you are assuming that you need to go to india for interview because you are already in canada!! If I am not worng your wife should be in India right? In that case you can ask for ur interview here and your wife interview in india!!
The interview will be done together with my wife. They don't interview you here in Canada for add on spousal.

karenv

Jul 8, 2014
If she is your wife, why you want to put her as non-accompany? the officer will be easy to see that your application must have some problems.

If you declare here as non-accompany, you will never be able to sponsor her again. Who will do that to his wife?

Please research before you change your application.

there is another case on newspaper that you should read before declaring her as non-accompany. Those couples may not be able to sponsor their children to Canada.

h t t p : //ottawacitizen.com/storyline/ottawa-couple-gets-permanent-residency-in-canada-but-cant-celebrate-their-little-boy-is-stuck-in-india

Newimmigrant2014

Aug 18, 2014
karenv said:
If she is your wife, why you want to put her as non-accompany? the officer will be easy to see that your application must have some problems.

If you declare here as non-accompany, you will never be able to sponsor her again. Who will do that to his wife?

there is another case on newspaper that you should read before declaring her as non-accompany. Those couples may not be able to sponsor their children to Canada.

h t t p : //ottawacitizen.com/storyline/ottawa-couple-gets-permanent-residency-in-canada-but-cant-
karenv said:

h t t p : //ottawacitizen.com/storyline/ottawa-couple-gets-permanent-residency-in-canada-but-cant-celebrate-their-little-boy-is-stuck-in-india
Received a call from an officer concerning my file. Confirmed that I will have to travel back to my country for the interview. I should hear back within six months.

Even if I declare her as a non-accompanying spouse, as long as she did the medical and passed, I can always sponsor her in the future.

cosmo777

Star Member
May 15, 2014
Newimmigrant2014 said:
Yeah must be my lucky day. First time ever.
No big deal...just a big inconvenience. As long as your marriage is legitimate I don't think you need to worry.

Two quick questions...when CIC requested your passport what was the subject line of the email?

And when does your work permit expire?

Thanks

karenv

Jul 8, 2014
No, you will not be able to sponsor her in the future. The couples did the same action to their child, declaring the child as non-accompany. They are now not able to sponsor their child now. The child is totally fine and has no medical issue.

Good luck to you! Just an interview and you will make it.

Saraki

Jun 9, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-09-2013
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
08-06-2015 PNP
AOR Received.
24-05-2015 EE
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
File Transfer...
Not Applicable
Med's Request
Upfront medical
Med's Done....
22-05-2015
Interview........
Won't be needed
Passport Req..
Soon
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Soon
Sorry to point this out, but you sound a lot like your wife has brought a misfortune to you! It is Canadian Permanent Residence for goodness sake! Your wife is your wife is your wife is your wife. Got that? She is your wife and you hopefully married her because you wanna be with her forever through good times and bad times. Since your applications appears to be experiencing some delay because you added her after getting PPR, take the interview date in India as an opportunity to see her once again and enjoy some newly-wed romance! If she is really your legally married wife, you have nothing to fear. Of course, I understand the financial costs and the time you'd have to take away from work, but it has happened already. So, look on the bright side....

By the way, I have a sneaky feeling you added her to your file after getting the PPR and not immediately after your marriage, and the guys at CIC usually get suspicious about a move like that. Just my thought- I might be wrong.

Newimmigrant2014 said: