+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applications submitted before Feb. 6th but only received on Feb 6th

RussCan

Star Member
Aug 16, 2013
From what I have read on this forum, and have heard anecdotally, when an application deemed as incomplete gets to be returned its returned within 1.5 month max. Has anyone experienced a longer return period?

kelshaer

Star Member
Jan 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I called CIC agent and the best approach to handle this situation is to pay the difference to cover the fees balance, Resubmit new application with the old & new receipts and a letter describing that. The old application package will be returned in all cases.

saggi_amy

Feb 19, 2010
We mailed my husband's application on Jan 31st and it was delivered on Feb 6th morning. We just received the application back today because of insufficient fee. I was hoping they will accept because it was mailed way before Feb 6th but they didn't. Anyone else here who got their file back because of this?

kelshaer

Star Member
Jan 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Today I received my old application (that was delivered to CIC on Feb 6) in my mailbox with a letter asking me to pay the balance and resubmit.
I already did that 4 days ago and the new application was delivered to CIC at 13 February

ttolun

Feb 7, 2014
should we send the same application with previous sign date…etc or we should fill up new application form and sign it todays date as well as recent residence calculator print out…etc ?

kelshaer

Star Member
Jan 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ttolun said:
btw kelshaer when did u send your first application? exact date?
Sent it on 1st February but it reached them 6 February.
I sent Another complete application with the first receipt and another one with the balance on 10 February and it reached them 13 February.

ttolun

Feb 7, 2014
I see kelshaer thanks. I will probably wait until they return it. I sent it on february 4th but they received it on february 7th. I assume i will receive the old application next week some day so once i receive, i will just add the fee difference receipt and send it back to CIC.

sept15

Champion Member
Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ttolun said:
I see kelshaer thanks. I will probably wait until they return it. I sent it on february 4th but they received it on february 7th. I assume i will receive the old application next week some day so once i receive, i will just add the fee difference receipt and send it back to CIC.
i would recommend that you wait until you hear back from CIC as well. This will remove any confussion in your file as well. Sending multiple applications is not a good way to have your application processed - lets be professionals here (my thoughts).

ttolun

Feb 7, 2014
BTW which part of the file has red stamp indicating received date? Envelope or application form?

bunuelbresson

Feb 12, 2014
The application form also changed in February.
In my original application sent on the 4th and received on the 10th, the form I filled wasn't the February 2014 form.

If I get my application back with the red stamp. Should I resend the same application as is or should I fill out the February 2014 form?

ttolun

Feb 7, 2014
I just checked it. You are talking about the minors application. I think you better change the application form and fill it out again.