+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applications submitted before Feb. 6th but only received on Feb 6th

Sophie_Anne

Star Member
Feb 7, 2014
Hi All,
I have sent my application on Feb. 3rd and it was received on Feb 6th. According to the CIC website, all the applications received on Feb 6th should include the NEW processing fees. Anyone else in this particular situation? If yes, what are your next steps? Thank you, Sophie

ttolun

Feb 7, 2014
It totally does not make any sense at all :(

I made an online payment on February 2, 2014 for the application fee which was 200$ with an only option. They have already a copy of official receipt with the payment date in my application file. I sent my application to Sydney Case Processing Centre on February 4, 2014 by Canada Post. I have an original receipt from Canada Post and CIC can see the same date in my application envelop. After I already sent my application by mail, the processing fee increase occurred yesterday. And my application was delivered this morning.

According the CIC website, my application will be returned because I did not include the correct processing fee.

I think. the processing fee payment date in the official receipt and the application receiving date by post agencies should be taken into account by CIC in order to decide whether the application has correct processing fee or not.

It was impossible for us to forecast the upcoming processing fee increase :S

I am planing to sending an email to CIC and request them to consider these facts. If they return the application, it will be waste of min. 6 months for me :(

Felixo

Star Member
Jan 4, 2014
Sophie_Anne said:
Even I am thinking of the same way... is it necessary to wait till they are returned?
They will anyway send it back either after a month or 2 or after 6 months... and new laws will be present then

farrous13

Oct 1, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Why not call the CIC and check? I believe going to the source is the first thing anyone should do before taking any action that might be regretful.

ttolun

Feb 7, 2014
I called them two times today. They don't know exactly whats going to happen! They are sending acknowledgment letter to applicants who sent it before November 15th. So they are not sure about how CIC officers proceeds with applications that sent before feb 6th but received on or after 6th.

However, they say there are three possible outcome (like we don't guess) 1- they will return your application and you will have to send it back with correct amount. 2- they will ask you to pay the difference and sent the receipt. 3- they will accept your application because you didnt know about law before you sent it.

But in any case they say until they send a letter requesting some action from you, you must not send a new application or difference for the payment, it might cause a delay in your application and confusion.

I recommend you guys call cic too and share here so we can have better roadmap.

jujuberanch

Mar 26, 2013
why 6 months? they usually return incomplete applications within a month.

ttolun said:
It totally does not make any sense at all :(

I made an online payment on February 2, 2014 for the application fee which was 200$ with an only option. They have already a copy of official receipt with the payment date in my application file. I sent my application to Sydney Case Processing Centre on February 4, 2014 by Canada Post. I have an original receipt from Canada Post and CIC can see the same date in my application envelop. After I already sent my application by mail, the processing fee increase occurred yesterday. And my application was delivered this morning.

According the CIC website, my application will be returned because I did not include the correct processing fee.

I think. the processing fee payment date in the official receipt and the application receiving date by post agencies should be taken into account by CIC in order to decide whether the application has correct processing fee or not.

It was impossible for us to forecast the upcoming processing fee increase :S

I am planing to sending an email to CIC and request them to consider these facts. If they return the application, it will be waste of min. 6 months for me :(

ttolun

Feb 7, 2014
jujuberanch said:
why 6 months? they usually return incomplete applications within a month.

I called them. They are sending acknowledgement letter for the applications who sent their applications before November 15th 2013. So basically my application has approximately 3 months to get opened. Once they open it, they will send it back due to the wrong fee. And i will send it back again and then they will open it after 3 months again.

Mike15

Feb 4, 2014
ttolun said:
I called them. They are sending acknowledgement letter for the applications who sent their applications before November 15th 2013. So basically my application has approximately 3 months to get opened. Once they open it, they will send it back due to the wrong fee. And i will send it back again and then they will open it after 3 months again.
It's possible they'll open it even though they won't start processing / sending your acknowledgment yet.

I had my application opened right away and sent a letter stating I needed newer Citizenship photos (they had expired in transit or possibly the day they arrived). This was September 2012. I got them the new Citizenship photos and the application was considered Received in October 2012.

ttolun

Feb 7, 2014
Mike15 said:
It's possible they'll open it even though they won't start processing / sending your acknowledgment yet.

I had my application opened right away and sent a letter stating I needed newer Citizenship photos (they had expired in transit or possibly the day they arrived). This was September 2012. I got them the new Citizenship photos and the application was considered Received in October 2012.
i dont wanna get my hope up but what you are saying is great if it happens to me too!