+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applications processing in Pretoria Local Visa Office

NAZ1978

Star Member
Sep 25, 2019
New updates: Pretoria has issued VISA for some Quebec applicants. However, those applicants have their passport stuck since March 2020 at Pretoria, following the Novel Covid 19, situation beyond the control of the embassy. Now they are in possession of their visa, though they are not allowed to travel. South Africa has resumed to normal life and wish Canada ease travel restrictions soon

Reactions: Agaga77

NAZ1978

Star Member
Sep 25, 2019
"For those who DO NOT have to travel to Canada for essential purposes
If you have an application in process but do not need to travel to Canada for an essential purpose, please know that:
· you do not need to contact IRCC unless you wish to withdraw your application or have other urgent need to come to Canada
· your application will be held in process until the restrictions on travel are lifted, and service returns to normal, and
· no application in process will be closed or refused because of documents missing or action not taken on your part (medical or biometrics) due to COVID-19 interruptions.
Until we resume normal operations at our visa offices, if you need to resubmit your enquiry or have an immigration question, please contact us through the IRCC web form"
bEING reply to one of my friend

Ospekar

Sep 23, 2020
Hi All,

AOR December 23, 2019
FSW stream
Still waiting for Pretoria VO to wake up from their slumber.

I have requested GCMS note twice that shows they have not touched my application since January. I emailed them and got a generic response about covid and travel restrictions.

Our medical will expire in November and I am not sure what to do next with Pretoria VO.

Reactions: NAZ1978

Agaga77

Jun 19, 2020
Hi All,

AOR December 23, 2019
FSW stream

I have requested GCMS note twice that shows they have not touched my application since January. I emailed them and got a generic response about covid and travel restrictions.

Our medical will expire in November and I am not sure what to do next with Pretoria VO.
We are all in the same boat. Let us keep our hope alive and keep our fingers crossed.

NAZ1978

Star Member
Sep 25, 2019
Hi All,

AOR December 23, 2019
FSW stream

We are all in the same boat. Let us keep our hope alive and keep our fingers crossed.
The minister has speed up spousal sponsorship and they can land at any time. Hope the minister will decide something for us. October will be decisive as minister will anouce its target for 2021. One more thing... Let's all pray for Canada not to face a second wave

Reactions: Agaga77

NAZ1978

Star Member
Sep 25, 2019
Hi there,
Canada is near to face a seond wave or some provinces has already faced a spike in daily cases. And MAY BE they will opt for a second lock down. I personally think the border will only open when a vaccine will be in.
Thanks

Ospekar

Sep 23, 2020
Hello Everyone! Finally, the long-awaited golden email is here! I got a passport request email today.

Below is my timeline (Family of 4):

AOR: Dec 23, 2019
VO: Pretoria, South Africa
NOC: 4011
FSW Outland
Medical Passed: January 12, 2020
(After this, long wait, long silence, no update, frustrating response to webform raised etc.) 8 months passed then, ..................

Ghost update (Background check started): September 25, 2020
Request for Remedical: October 26, 2020 (We didn't wait, we did our medical same day and completed it 2 days after ..... you can laugh if you want)
New Medical confirmation was uploaded via webform on October 30, 2020.

IRCC confirmed New Medical Passed: Oct 31, 2020

Exactly a week after ....
Golden email requesting for PPR: November 5, 2020.

(In-between a family friend also got his own today about 5 mins after I got my email requesting for his passport too). I think Pretoria is starting to dish out PPRs/COPRs again!

I know this thread has been quiet lately due to the reduced activity at Pretoria. I hope this 2 information gives a ray of hope to someone out there eagerly waiting for his/her golden email. God knows I have paid my own dues by waiting for almost a year after submitting my application.

Good luck to the rest of you who are still waiting or hoping to submit an application. Cheers! And God bless!

Patsnits

Star Member
Oct 19, 2019
Hello Everyone! Finally, the long-awaited golden email is here! I got a passport request email today.

Below is my timeline (Family of 4):

AOR: Dec 23, 2019
VO: Pretoria, South Africa
NOC: 4011
FSW Outland
Medical Passed: January 12, 2020
(After this, long wait, long silence, no update, frustrating response to webform raised etc.) 8 months passed then, ..................

Ghost update (Background check started): September 25, 2020
Request for Remedical: October 26, 2020 (We didn't wait, we did our medical same day and completed it 2 days after ..... you can laugh if you want)
New Medical confirmation was uploaded via webform on October 30, 2020.

IRCC confirmed New Medical Passed: Oct 31, 2020

Exactly a week after ....
Golden email requesting for PPR: November 5, 2020.

(In-between a family friend also got his own today about 5 mins after I got my email requesting for his passport too). I think Pretoria is starting to dish out PPRs/COPRs again!

I know this thread has been quiet lately due to the reduced activity at Pretoria. I hope this 2 information gives a ray of hope to someone out there eagerly waiting for his/her golden email. God knows I have paid my own dues by waiting for almost a year after submitting my application.

Good luck to the rest of you who are still waiting or hoping to submit an application. Cheers! And God bless!
Congrats

Patsnits

Star Member
Oct 19, 2019
My file is still stuck .No idea where it has been transferred. Whenever I request an update all it says in the process and waiting for eligibility and background criminality check.Since the 24th of January.im not sure what to do now as my outland but applied within Canada.

Ospekar

Sep 23, 2020
My file is still stuck .No idea where it has been transferred. Whenever I request an update all it says in the process and waiting for eligibility and background criminality check.Since the 24th of January.im not sure what to do now as my outland but applied within Canada.
i think you should try calling IRCC or requesting a GCMS note. GCMS is comprehensive. It will tell you every note made on your file since you submitted and you can see where it is being processed.
However, try to get them on the phone first, if you don’t have any luck, order GCMS fast. January is a long time. Good luck