+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applications processed in Pretoria

Kimm09

Mar 4, 2019
It seems like everything moves pretty fast up until biometrics and medicals have been completed and passed. A lot of applicants here have not heard back from the V.O after MR and Biometrics. Looks like the background check takes too long to process. smh.

Brown_Sugar

Star Member
Mar 24, 2019
It seems like everything moves pretty fast up until biometrics and medicals have been completed and passed. A lot of applicants here have not heard back from the V.O after MR and Biometrics. Looks like the background check takes too long to process. smh.
I don't expect to hear anything until the end of summer looking at past Pretoria applicants. PA has lived in other countries so background check could delay our app even more. Fingers crossed though.

Patnyn86

Aug 28, 2018
Johannesburg
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Pretoria
PA (primary applicant) Country: Democratic Republic of Congo
PA (primary applicant) Country of Residence: South Africa
Sponsor: Ontario
VISA OFFICE: Pretoria

February 19, 2019: APPLICATION SENT
February 21, 2019: APPLICATION RECEIVED
March 26, 2019: LINKED ACCOUNT TO GCKEY
March 26, 2019: BGC
March 26, 2019: MEDICAL PASSED
March 27, 2019: AOR1
April 13, 2019: DECISION MADE ON ECAS (SPONSOR)
April 13, 2019: REVIEW OF ELIGIBILITY:"We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements"
April 15, 2019: SA

May 27, 2019:
Transfer E-mail from Sydney(File sent to Pretoria VO)
May 30, 2019: AOR2

MR:
N/A. Submitted upfront (from previous application)
BIOMETRICS: N/A. Submitted upfront (from previous application)
CSQ: N/A (Sponsor is from Ontario)

MIDI - CSQ: N/A (Sponsor is from Ontario)
CSQ AOR:
N/A (Sponsor is from Ontario)
DM: Pending
PPR: Pending
COPR ISSUED:
Pending
I'm also PA from DR Congo living in South Africa and Sponsor is in Ontario

Patnyn86

Aug 28, 2018
Johannesburg
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Oh wow!!! Are you my spouse? lol... just kidding. What's your timeline?
LOL

24 August 2018: file received Sydney
6th December 2018: AOR
6th March 2019: SA, BiometricsBrequest
8th March 2019: Biometrics done
11th March 2019: file transfer to Pretoria VO
22nd March 2019: AOR2
29th March 2019: Medical request

Background checkc in progress since i got AOR1: 6 December 2018

Reactions: KingdomHeiress

Vaughan

Apr 2, 2019
Our application was transferred on the same day as you. I hope to hear from them soon as well. Congratulations, you’re sponsor done as Pretoria does MR last.
Thank you, We are not sure, for some people it means close to the end and for others they are still awaiting DM months after medical was recieved. Any movement on the application is a positive step forward :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Diamond David

mboxkasemu

Apr 8, 2019
Pretoria is very very slow and quiet , my Aplication is going though 11 month now , my Aor is July 6th 2018 .. still waiting after medical passed, and my background check is in processing over 3 month now , I pray there will be good news soon .so far so good my experience with Pretoria VO is too slow .

Have you had any movement yet?

mboxkasemu

Apr 8, 2019
Thank you, We are not sure, for some people it means close to the end and for others they are still awaiting DM months after medical was recieved. Any movement on the application is a positive step forward :)

Yes there is no real telling with these things -we have been waiting for DM since march,I say March because thats when medicals where passed

laurieelli

Mar 29, 2019
HI All, our application was transferred to Pretoria in April AOR 2 08.04.2019 so in the 10th week now with no request for Medical. Gckey shows biometrics received on the top right corner but below the timeline it still says " we do not need your fingerprints" has anyone else encountered this and such a long wait for MR?

I emailed and received a reply saying your application is in a queue to be reviewed, so have they not even started processing yet? Wait is killing us

gimo98

Oct 7, 2018
HI All, our application was transferred to Pretoria in April AOR 2 08.04.2019 so in the 10th week now with no request for Medical. Gckey shows biometrics received on the top right corner but below the timeline it still says " we do not need your fingerprints" has anyone else encountered this and such a long wait for MR?

I emailed and received a reply saying your application is in a queue to be reviewed, so have they not even started processing yet? Wait is killing us
I got my medical request the next day my Aplication was transferred to Pretoria but it took 7 month before my file was transferred, Pretoria can be very slow is like a lot of applicants are wait for DM also from Pretoria.. just relax and cross your fingers.

mboxkasemu

Apr 8, 2019
Yes , they sent me email on Monday that the Aplication is now with the officer for final decision.
Oh really -was it an official email ?They sent a similar email after an enquiry as we are on 3 months after medicals and wanted an update as to what maybe going on in case we had missed some communication.Still waiting

mboxkasemu

Apr 8, 2019

Sometimes they updating is not as quick as it should be -for certain though i know CIC was unablle to give status updates because of technicalities-whatever that means.No need to worry .We got MR end of Feb and biometrics had been done in Jan -i think theu communicate very six weeks or so