Applications processed in Pretoria

TLOU

Dec 21, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-02-2017
Does anyone know which number to phone for visa-related enquiries in Pretoria?

I received my COPR (confirmation of PR document) and the immigration visa in my passport. And I got my passport back in time for our trip to Canada this weekend!

But now I'm wondering if I should use my immigration visa and COPR to enter Canada for our holiday trip (it's only for 10 days) or my temporary residence permit (travel visa - was issued last year and is still valid). And I'm asking because the immigration visa is valid for a single entry only. After that, I'll need my PR card to enter. And the PR card will be mailed to an address in Canada and arrives about 2 months after landing in Canada. By then I'll be back home.

We're immigrating to Canada early next year. The trip we're doing now is just to visit family and friends for Christmas.

I've seen some threads where people say you can do a "short landing", but I just need to make sure. I don't think VFS will have the answers and I don't know how to reach the embassy.

I appreciate any advice :)
If by temporary visa you mean tourist visa, then no. Once you receive COPR, your tourist visa gets cancelled and when you go to Canada, you will have to land. At least this is what happened in my case.

December 2016

Aug 19, 2017
thank you for your reply, was your an express entry application fsw? when was your aor application submission date? and do you know when your file moved to pretoria?

Our file was marriage sponsorship and not an express entry
Our file moved onto Pretoria in Aug 2017.
Medical was done in sep 2017
Police clearance completed Feb 2018
Approval letter arrived March 2018
Submitted passport last week of March2018
Received stamped passport on April 13, 2018

Hope this helps

Reactions: Diamond David

ateotia11

Feb 7, 2018
Our file was marriage sponsorship and not an express entry
Our file moved onto Pretoria in Aug 2017.
Medical was done in sep 2017
Police clearance completed Feb 2018
Approval letter arrived March 2018
Submitted passport last week of March2018
Received stamped passport on April 13, 2018

Hope this helps
it helps, thank you so much for your reply. I am an express entry application, i was also looking for fellow express entry applicants waiting for processing at the Pretoria location.

Mightyamin

Sep 5, 2018
Mozambique
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Hi I have received PPR on 7th of august and I have submitted my passport to Pretoria VO on 21st of august can anyone tell me how much time they usually take to return passport?

mauritiusbride

Star Member
Aug 22, 2015
Light at the end of the tunnel for me.

Got PPR today after a year ;D ;D

Special thanks to all those who have answered my queries and provided valuable inputs on this forum.

Best of luck to those who are still waiting.

P.S i'll drop by from time to time.
Acecube ..seen like you shared same year with me pr..did u apply for citizenahip?

ruanp28

Feb 24, 2016
Hi all, my app is also being processed at Pretoria VO. AOR2 e-mail received from Pretoria on 21 January. Anybody here who also had their medical request only at a later stage? Seems as if Pretoria requests medicals very late during the process, or am I missing something?

ateotia11

Feb 7, 2018
Hi, mine is. Although I see you are already done with the process, congrats! Tried to PM you...
Hello, yes i already got PR, thank you :) you will get your medical requests once the officer gets to that step, and once you submit the updated new medicals, you should get the PPR in 2-3 weeks time.

ruanp28

Feb 24, 2016
Hello, yes i already got PR, thank you :) you will get your medical requests once the officer gets to that step, and once you submit the updated new medicals, you should get the PPR in 2-3 weeks time.
Okay thanks so much. I was getting worried since most other applicants already get their medical request early on in the process, seems like Pretoria does it later on. Then I don't need to be as worried. Thank you :)