+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applications filed through NS --> Buffalo (Filed from USA)

spatel09

Jul 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
xxxx
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

One more Tuesday gone today, no update.

Any new info or update from Buffalo VO.

Still waiting for medical, my ecas is IN PROCESS since Feb 01, 2011.

Guys please share any new info if you get.

Good Luck every body.

moein

Star Member
Aug 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2009
Doc's Request.
May 2010
AOR Received.
Aug 2010
File Transfer...
Feb 2010
Hi Spatel,

Almost one year from your second AOR, there is your BF'D.

spatel09 said:
Hi All,

One more Tuesday gone today, no update.

Any new info or update from Buffalo VO.

Still waiting for medical, my ecas is IN PROCESS since Feb 01, 2011.

Guys please share any new info if you get.

Good Luck every body.

AspirantCanada

Star Member
May 30, 2011
Bermuda
Category........
Visa Office......
New York, NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-12-2009
Doc's Request.
10-04-2010
AOR Received.
04-11-2010
IELTS Request
Submitted with all documents
File Transfer...
24-02-2010, 5-Oct-2011 to NY from Buffalo
Med's Request
07-11-2011
Med's Done....
05-12-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Waiting eagerly
Hey Team,

Any movement???

Mine is still RBVO.. :(

Thanks

ekaramad

Star Member
May 14, 2009
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 9th 2010
Doc's Request.
March 27th 2010
AOR Received.
Oct. 28th 2010 (from Buffalo)
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
March 24th 2010
Med's Request
Jan 24th 2012 (date on the letter)
Med's Done....
Jan 31st 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Feb. 28th 2012
VISA ISSUED...
March 20th 2012 (in person)
LANDED..........
March 26th 2012
AspirantCanada said:
Hey Team,

Any movement???

Mine is still RBVO.. :(

Thanks
Not yet,...same here.

yogireddy

Apr 20, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
BUffalo NY Transfered to LA
NOC Code......
NOC 0213
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-27-2009
Doc's Request.
05-21-2009
AOR Received.
10-29-2009
File Transfer...
04-22-2010
Med's Request
06-07-2010
Med's Done....
06-19-2010 (Received 07-03-2010 As per Fedex)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
05-12-2011
LANDED..........
06-11-2011
Hi Guys,
Completed my Landing From US On Road Sharing My experience.
Drove from New York to Niagara falls crossed the border at St Catherine's POE. Drove to the gate where the Border security asked what is the purpose of visit and where you are going to stay.
Asked about the Weapons or any chemicals on board the vehicle.
I told them I came to complete my Landing and There are no hazardous items on board.
He crossed out my Visa stamp on the passport and gave me a yellow slip and directed me to the Canada CBSA Office.
I went in and provided all the documents along
Proof of funds (Bank statements and A current snapshot off my bank stamped by the Bank and some cash)
List of items accompanied g and and items to follow, Provided a copy of my title for my vehicle and also pictures off the jewelry and other things.
The officer appreciated all the documents provided and completed landing procedure it took 20 minutes to complete the process
Went to Toronto and took rest for the day.
Visited friends and some places around the city .
Monday in the morning went to Canada services office and got my SIN Card.
Later went to Bank and opened Bank account's. I asked them for a secure Credit card so that I can build my credit I was informed that if You are FSW category they will give credit card by default no need for secure card( You just need to ask that was a news to me).
Tried for OHIP card they told that until i have a document to prove my residential status I cannot apply for one so I have to wait until I get my bank statement.
Will keep you guys updated how things go in a later post.

AspirantCanada

Star Member
May 30, 2011
Bermuda
Category........
Visa Office......
New York, NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-12-2009
Doc's Request.
10-04-2010
AOR Received.
04-11-2010
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
07-11-2011
Med's Done....
05-12-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Waiting eagerly
Thanks a lot Yogi.. all the best for your bright future..

Cheers,

yogireddy said:
Hi Guys,
Drove from New York to Niagara falls crossed the border at St Catherine's POE. Drove to the gate where the Border security asked what is the purpose of visit and where you are going to stay.
I told them I came to complete my Landing and There are no hazardous items on board.
He crossed out my Visa stamp on the passport and gave me a yellow slip and directed me to the Canada CBSA Office.
Proof of funds (Bank statements and A current snapshot off my bank stamped by the Bank and some cash)
List of items accompanied g and and items to follow, Provided a copy of my title for my vehicle and also pictures off the jewelry and other things.
The officer appreciated all the documents provided and completed landing procedure it took 20 minutes to complete the process
Later went to Bank and opened Bank account's. I asked them for a secure Credit card so that I can build my credit I was informed that if You are FSW category they will give credit card by default no need for secure card( You just need to ask that was a news to me).
Tried for OHIP card they told that until i have a document to prove my residential status I cannot apply for one so I have to wait until I get my bank statement.

Sharath9

Nov 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21 Aug 2009
Doc's Request.
20 Oct 2009
AOR Received.
05 Apr 2009
Med's Request
08 Nov 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17May2011
VISA ISSUED...
14July2011
Hi All,

I have applied PR from Bufallo, Newyork . Recently i got the PPR request to send the passports them but i came back to India.
I tried to send through one of the courier and it is caught in Bombay and did not receive my passports still.
I have only the time limit till Jun 30th. I asked my consultant to send my file transfer to India but they said it is not possible.

Here my question is , Can we send passports through any of our friends who are going to USA? Is there any procedure for this like giving authorization? Is CIC see the port of entry if we are not in USA and sending passports them? Is there any process?

Anyway , I can give my consultant address for return address to get passports back.

Please help me if anyone has faced the same as i am in most critical situation..PLSSSSSSSSSSSSSS HELPPPPPPPP

Thanks,
Sharath

heatspine

Dec 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-02-2010
AOR Received.
23-03-2010
File Transfer...
08-06-2010
Med's Request
02-09-2010
Med's Done....
06-10-2010
Passport Req..
24-11-2010
VISA ISSUED...
24-05-2011
LANDED..........
20-07-2011
Happy Father's Day to all the Wonderful Dad out there. While waiting I read this site that deals with issues and information when you Migrate to Canada.

binraj

Jan 16, 2010
Hi,

My brief experience at Buffalo Consulate.

I got PPR on May19th.Reached HSBC center by 8AM on June 16th.Were allowed in around 8.15.

Submitted passports for myself,husband and son along with passport size photos.

Waited around 30mins and was called to collect passports back :).

It was quite simple.I left consulate by 9.15AM.Didnt expect to complete so quick but glad everything went well.

My US visa expires in couple of months so preferred to go in person.

Planning to move to toronto end of July.

Would like to thank each member of the forum for their guidance.

Heartful thanks once again and good luck to others who are waiting for PPR.

Thanks!!

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sharath9 said:
Hi All,

I have applied PR from Bufallo, Newyork . Recently i got the PPR request to send the passports them but i came back to India.
I tried to send through one of the courier and it is caught in Bombay and did not receive my passports still.
I have only the time limit till Jun 30th. I asked my consultant to send my file transfer to India but they said it is not possible.

Here my question is , Can we send passports through any of our friends who are going to USA? Is there any procedure for this like giving authorization? Is CIC see the port of entry if we are not in USA and sending passports them? Is there any process?

Anyway , I can give my consultant address for return address to get passports back.

Please help me if anyone has faced the same as i am in most critical situation..PLSSSSSSSSSSSSSS HELPPPPPPPP

Thanks,
Sharath

You can send your passport with anyone you want to the Buffalo visa office, but it has to be included with a written authorization from you to him.

If the visa office is Buffalo itself and your file was not transfered to any local office in the USA, there is no need to give them any address back, just let the person who takes your passport go in person in the days of the week that they allow people to come and get their PR visas stamped same day.

There is no probelm for you being still in the US. or in any other country.

Do it as soon as possible to comply with the deadline given by them.

Good luck.

AspirantCanada

Star Member
May 30, 2011
Bermuda
Category........
Visa Office......
New York, NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-12-2009
Doc's Request.
10-04-2010
AOR Received.
04-11-2010
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
07-11-2011
Med's Done....
05-12-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Waiting eagerly
Buddy,

please ensure that you take a colored photocopy of all passports and get them notarized..

advising atmost safety with passport..

All the best.

Sharath9

Nov 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21 Aug 2009
Doc's Request.
20 Oct 2009
AOR Received.
05 Apr 2009
Med's Request
08 Nov 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17May2011
VISA ISSUED...
14July2011
Thanks for your reply guys..I have sent it through one of my relative and Passports have been sent to Buffallo office on Jun 30th that is last day for me to send passports. :) waiting for stamped passports.Thanks

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yogireddy said:
Hi Guys,
Congrats yogireddy. Can you tell me which bank told you that it will give you Credit Card by default if you were FSW. I am still struggling to get one for myself.

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
professional 1 said:
You can send your passport with anyone you want to the Buffalo visa office, but it has to be included with a written authorization from you to him.

If the visa office is Buffalo itself and your file was not transfered to any local office in the USA, there is no need to give them any address back, just let the person who takes your passport go in person in the days of the week that they allow people to come and get their PR visas stamped same day.

There is no probelm for you being still in the US. or in any other country.

Do it as soon as possible to comply with the deadline given by them.

Good luck.
Hey Pro1, do you know if I can order CAIPS for my friend? If so how and what all do I need? He is in the US, applied under FSW 1 NOC 0213 in April 2009, got transferred to NY VO in May 2010, received medical request in October 2010, sent medicals in October itself, from which time his status is "Medical results received". He has still not received PPR and is getting canned replies from NYVO.

smallduck

Jul 21, 2010
NYC
Category........
Visa Office......
New York, NY (In Process)
NOC Code......
9xxx
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 05 2009
Doc's Request.
Dec 02 2009
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
Dec 10 2009 and Apr 21 2010
IELTS Request
waived
File Transfer...
Jul 14 2010 to NYVO
Med's Request
Aug 24 2010
Med's Done....
Sep 15 2010 - and Med RCVD (Nov 16)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Apr 04 2011, Decision made Apr 25 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Apr 18 2011
Hey you guys,
I just finished my landing and back to the States. Here is my experience for official thing (and later on with some "chicks" - keep on reading, it won't be long)

I drove my own car to Buffalo and crossing Peace Bridge to the other side without any serious delay (it took me about 30-40 min just to cross the bridge which is not bad at all). I didn't have to talk to any US custom getting out of the states (which was weird - I don't know about other US-Canada borders) drove directly to 15-lane-welcoming-porch and were directed to the "building" for further landing process. I was well-prepared, however it would never be enough, I was a little scare of "everything"...
The lady officer was nice to me seeing my pale face after waiting 30 minutes in the long line (I don't know what the heck is happening there, there are 2 families, 4-5 members each came before me for "landing too" and it took them forever to finish). After all, I was able to show off my bank statement, Car title, goods to follow lists and other paperworks. She didn't really care, check my passport, asked several questions like "What's your full name, BOD etc." and told me to give her the number of funds (she didn't take a look at the bank statement). Finally, she stamped the CORP, and asked me whether I know how to maintain the PR status (You know I can tackle well, right) and congrats me being a PR in Canada. And that was not all...
I will be back to the forum tomorrow for the later part o my story ;). Keep in touch