+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applications filed through NS --> Buffalo (Filed from USA)

zulkfal

Sep 28, 2009
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05/10/2009
Doc's Request.
15/12/2009
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
06/05/2010
IELTS Request
Submitted with Doc's
File Transfer...
22/12/2009
Med's Request
04/05/2011 (Dated: 24/04/2011)
Med's Done....
09/05/2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08/07/2011
VISA ISSUED...
25/07/2011
LANDED..........
07-08-2011
Simp said:
Hi Zulkfal and Smallduck.

Just a question in advance.How many photographs you need for medical exam and what specifications.

Thanks

S
My DMP asked me for 3, but some ask 4 or 5 as well.

smallduck

Jul 21, 2010
NYC
Category........
Visa Office......
New York, NY (In Process)
NOC Code......
9xxx
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 05 2009
Doc's Request.
Dec 02 2009
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
Dec 10 2009 and Apr 21 2010
IELTS Request
waived
File Transfer...
Jul 14 2010 to NYVO
Med's Request
Aug 24 2010
Med's Done....
Sep 15 2010 - and Med RCVD (Nov 16)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Apr 04 2011, Decision made Apr 25 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Apr 18 2011
Simp said:
Thanks.

What specifications.Canadian passport size or some other size.

S
I was asked for only 2 photo during Med Exam and 4 during PPR. Just be patient and you'll know the size in the instruction.

pearl2010

Jul 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2009
Doc's Request.
16-02-2010
AOR Received.
28-09-2010
File Transfer...
13-10-2010 to LA(in-process 19-04-2011)Rejection letter on 7 June2011
Congratulations shar533 .I think ur follow up mail worked :)
All the Best for rest of ur process.

Regards
pearl2010
shar533 said:
Hi everyone
I have been mainly following this thread because of similar situation with most of the guys on this thread. Today I received an email for PPR around noon. Incidentally yesterday I recaived another email in response to my follow up email of last week which said the same standard wordings about my case in progress and they dont know when that 'll be finalized. I sent that enquiry email last week because some1 on thsi forum said that he got PPR because his attorney sent them a follow up email. I dont know if there is just a coincidence in his case and my case because both of our dates were similar and an email enquiry might or might not have made an impact on finalization of our cases. But anyway, it worked and now I got PPR.

Another thing to share with you guys , read this following link they sent me( which means I can send them PPs in person and they shall give me back same day ). Didn't that happen in your case Small Duck ? Because I live in CA , may not be possible for me, but you could have done it same day.

You have two options to choose from regarding the submission of your passports:

Option A: Submit your passports in person

Passports can be brought to our office at the following address:

Canadian Consulate General
3000 HSBC Center, 30th Floor
Buffalo, NY 14203

Passports may be brought in on Tuesday or Thursday between the hours of 8:00 am and 11:00 am. Bring this email with you when you come. Every effort will be made to have your passports returned the same day.

You may send a representative with your passports. Your representative must have your written authorization and will be required to show photo identification.

Please ensure that the passport of the principal applicant and all accompanying dependants are brought in together.

For security reasons, the Canadian Consulate General limits access to the Visa Office waiting room and does not allow the entry of luggage, recording or transmitting devices into the waiting room or interview areas. This includes all types of cell phones and laptop computers.

Option B: Submit your passports by mail (Courier packages must be sent to the Buffalo, NY address.)

If your address is in the USA, send your passport to:

Canadian Consulate General (RFV)
Immigration Regional Program Centre
1 HSBC Center, Suite 3000
Buffalo, NY 14203-2884
USA

Please put you passports in an envelope with your file number written prominently on it. Place this envelope in your mailing envelope. Please take great care to reproduce the mailing address above EXACTLY as written.

NOTE: If your address is in the USA, we strongly recommend that you supply a return envelope for your passports using the United States Postal Service's Express Mail service.

Provide a self addressed, prepaid, flat rate 9" x 12" USPS Express Mail envelope. Make a note of the tracking number. Your passports will usually be returned to you within 15 business days from the day we receive them. This does not include any time it may take for the Post Office to deliver them.

If your address is in Canada, send your passport to:

P.O. Box 660
Fort Erie, Ontario L2A 6R6

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shar533 said:
Hi everyone
I have been mainly following this thread because of similar situation with most of the guys on this thread. Today I received an email for PPR around noon. Incidentally yesterday I recaived another email in response to my follow up email of last week which said the same standard wordings about my case in progress and they dont know when that 'll be finalized. I sent that enquiry email last week because some1 on thsi forum said that he got PPR because his attorney sent them a follow up email. I dont know if there is just a coincidence in his case and my case because both of our dates were similar and an email enquiry might or might not have made an impact on finalization of our cases. But anyway, it worked and now I got PPR.

Another thing to share with you guys , read this following link they sent me( which means I can send them PPs in person and they shall give me back same day ). Didn't that happen in your case Small Duck ? Because I live in CA , may not be possible for me, but you could have done it same day.

You have two options to choose from regarding the submission of your passports:

Option A: Submit your passports in person

Passports can be brought to our office at the following address:

Canadian Consulate General
3000 HSBC Center, 30th Floor
Buffalo, NY 14203

Passports may be brought in on Tuesday or Thursday between the hours of 8:00 am and 11:00 am. Bring this email with you when you come. Every effort will be made to have your passports returned the same day.

You may send a representative with your passports. Your representative must have your written authorization and will be required to show photo identification.

Please ensure that the passport of the principal applicant and all accompanying dependants are brought in together.

For security reasons, the Canadian Consulate General limits access to the Visa Office waiting room and does not allow the entry of luggage, recording or transmitting devices into the waiting room or interview areas. This includes all types of cell phones and laptop computers.

Option B: Submit your passports by mail (Courier packages must be sent to the Buffalo, NY address.)

If your address is in the USA, send your passport to:

1 HSBC Center, Suite 3000
Buffalo, NY 14203-2884
USA

Please put you passports in an envelope with your file number written prominently on it. Place this envelope in your mailing envelope. Please take great care to reproduce the mailing address above EXACTLY as written.

NOTE: If your address is in the USA, we strongly recommend that you supply a return envelope for your passports using the United States Postal Service's Express Mail service.

Provide a self addressed, prepaid, flat rate 9" x 12" USPS Express Mail envelope. Make a note of the tracking number. Your passports will usually be returned to you within 15 business days from the day we receive them. This does not include any time it may take for the Post Office to deliver them.

If your address is in Canada, send your passport to:

P.O. Box 660
Fort Erie, Ontario L2A 6R6
Congrats shar53. Well, there is a difference between visa offices. People get confused because both tend to say NY. Well, Buffalo also falls in New York state, that's why. However, New York VO is different from Buffalo VO. NY VO is in New York City. NY VO doesn't give an option of in-person. It only allows mail-in option. smallduck got transferred to NY VO, so he doesn't have that option. I remained in Buffalo and went in person, although I live in Seattle, WA. It was worth the effort

andypatel

Star Member
May 27, 2010
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
hi guys,

today around 3.30pm i received the email form my lawyer Mr. Cohen office and when i open it i see the PPR request finally waiting is over. i am going next week for stamping.

thanks,
andy

shar533

Feb 12, 2011
San Francisco
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-10-2009
Doc's Request.
06-01-2010
Med's Request
26-08-2010
Med's Done....
17-09-2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
10-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-2011
LANDED..........
Planning for landing in late August'11
Congrats Andy bhai. Yesterday I got PPR from Buffalo VO and they gave me option for same day return of PPs for in person stamping. So it might be same in your case too.

anne55

Feb 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo-->> New York
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2010
Doc's Request.
12-03-2010
AOR Received.
13-10-2010
File Transfer...
26-10-2011
Med's Done....
26-04-2011>>advance
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
31-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
09-02-2012
LANDED..........
23-02-2012 :)
wow! Congratulations! :D :D

seems like Buffalo is warming up now...

Good luck on your new life in Canada!

Anne55

andypatel said:
hi guys,

today around 3.30pm i received the email form my lawyer Mr. Cohen office and when i open it i see the PPR request finally waiting is over. i am going next week for stamping.

thanks,
andy

anne55

Feb 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo-->> New York
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2010
Doc's Request.
12-03-2010
AOR Received.
13-10-2010
File Transfer...
26-10-2011
Med's Done....
26-04-2011>>advance
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
31-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
09-02-2012
LANDED..........
congrats shar533! :D

All the best!

Anne55

shar533 said:
Congrats Andy bhai. Yesterday I got PPR from Buffalo VO and they gave me option for same day return of PPs for in person stamping. So it might be same in your case too.

pearl2010

Jul 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2009
Doc's Request.
16-02-2010
AOR Received.
28-09-2010
File Transfer...
wow!!!so happy to see many gud news coming these days!
Congratulations andypatel for reaching the final stage :)

This definitely is a positive sign for Buffalo applicants whoever has done their Medicals around July,Aug,Sep,2010 and awaiting PPR.I think next will be MR's,there is a possibility of MR's from June or July2011.
Best Wishes to All

Regards
pearl2010
andypatel said:
hi guys,

thanks,
andy

anne55

Feb 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo-->> New York
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2010
Doc's Request.
12-03-2010
AOR Received.
13-10-2010
File Transfer...
26-10-2011
Med's Done....
26-04-2011>>advance
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
31-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
09-02-2012
LANDED..........
I second the motion Pearl2010! ;)

Cheers!

Anne55

pearl2010 said:
wow!!!so happy to see many gud news coming these days!
Congratulations andypatel for reaching the final stage :)

This definitely is a positive sign for Buffalo applicants whoever has done their Medicals around July,Aug,Sep,2010 and awaiting PPR.I think next will be MR's,there is a possibility of MR's from June or July2011.
Best Wishes to All

Regards
pearl2010

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys, I had been away from the forum for last few months as I was travelling a lot. Seems like recently there have been a lot of good news !! Congrats to all. I am planning to land in the 1st week of June 2011 and need a little help from all those who have already landed.
1. Do I need to carry Proof of Funds in CAD? If yes, what is the preferred means - Traveller's Cheques, Bank Drafts, Cash, etc.? I have all funds in USD and Proof of funds statements from my bank (BoA). Should I try asking BoA to convert my account to CAD and transfer it to it's Canadian branch? Or should I just take some money and open an account after reaching Canada? Which bank?
2. I intend to join a new job within a couple days of my landing. Will the new employer require my PR Card OR will my Record of Landing be good enough for them? Will they require any other details like SIN, etc.?
3. Can I get a phone connection without a SIN or a Canadian Credit Card?
4. Can I take up an apartment or condo lease without a SIN? Would they require an Employer's letter and / or Canadian bank account?
5. Can I get internet connection and cable connection without a SIN? Would they require a Canadian Bank account or Credit Card?
6. Will I be able to get a Canadian Credit Card by showing my US Credit history OR do I need to wait for Canadian Credit history?
7. How many days does it take for the SIN and OHIP cards to come?
8. If I send some of my stuff by USPS, do I need to declare them in my "goods to follow"? Will they be held up in Customs for release? How will I know? How will USPS know that these are part of my goods that I am importing as part of my landing as a new immigrant in Canada?
9. If I don't own a car, can I still get a Driver's License? How long will that take?

Pro1, other seniors pls help.

junkax

Nov 21, 2009
hi, I have not yet filed my application, but I will be doing it through NS-Buffalo. Since there are many experienced people here who went through a similar route, I thought I will ask for your advise - I apologize if this is not appropriate to this post:

1. The checklist for the Buffalo visa office does not clearly specify whether I need to submit just copies or notarized copies of some documents:

- educational certificates - college marksgraduation certificates for B.Tech (India) and M.S (USA): are just copies enough or do I need to notarize them?
- professional certification (USA) - do I need to notarize it?
- birth certificate (India) - it is in English, but do I need to notarize it?

Thanks for your time and help.

-junkax

pearl2010

Jul 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2009
Doc's Request.
16-02-2010
AOR Received.
28-09-2010
File Transfer...
Hi junkax,

below are the answers to ur queries

- educational certificates - college marksgraduation certificates for B.Tech (India) and M.S (USA): are just copies
enough or do I need to notarize them? no need to notarize,just the copies are enough
- professional certification (USA) - do I need to notarize it? no need to notarize,only copies
- birth certificate (India) - it is in English,but do I need to notarize it? If it's in English,no need to
notarize,copies are enough

All the Best

Regards
pearl2010
junkax said:
hi, I have not yet filed my application, but I will be doing it through NS-Buffalo. Since there are many experienced people here who went through a similar route, I thought I will ask for your advise - I apologize if this is not appropriate to this post:

1. The checklist for the Buffalo visa office does not clearly specify whether I need to submit just copies or notarized copies of some documents:

- educational certificates - college marksgraduation certificates for B.Tech (India) and M.S (USA): are just copies enough or do I need to notarize them?
- professional certification (USA) - do I need to notarize it?
- birth certificate (India) - it is in English,but do I need to notarize it?
Thanks for your time and help.

-junkax

pearl2010

Jul 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2009
Doc's Request.
16-02-2010
AOR Received.
28-09-2010
File Transfer...
Thanks anne55 :D.Lets hope for the best!
anne55 said:
I second the motion Pearl2010! ;)

Cheers!

Anne55