+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applications filed through NS --> Buffalo (Filed from USA)

wsj78

Star Member
Jun 15, 2009
professional1, I'm thinking about going to Buffalo in person rather than mailing the passports and then waiting for 3 weeks. how long is the usual wait time to get passport stamped? how long does it take at the border?

sazid

Star Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wsj78 said:
professional1, I'm thinking about going to Buffalo in person rather than mailing the passports and then waiting for 3 weeks. how long is the usual wait time to get passport stamped? how long does it take at the border?
Hi PROFESSIONAL 1,

Can you please tell the time line of receiving the passport from Buffalo after sending the passport for PR visa stamping. They have received my passport on 25 Th Oct , with 3 photos and the printout of my email.

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wsj78 said:

The usual waiting time at the Buffalo visa office to get the visa stamped is an hour (plus/minus). The time they took at the borders to finish the landing process to me was exactly 5 Mins.

Good luck.

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sazid said:
Hi PROFESSIONAL 1,

Can you please tell the time line of receiving the passport from Buffalo after sending the passport for PR visa stamping. They have received my passport on 25 Th Oct , with 3 photos and the printout of my email.

As they state in their website, it is usually 15 days from the day they receive the passport, if you live in Canada, add the time needed for your shipment to cross the borders which might be 5 days extra. (unless you use a prepaid courier like FEDEX back and forth , which takes only one day to deliver your shipment).

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wsj78 said:
Congratulations and good luck on your visa. Maxi 60mn.
Cheers,

sazid

Star Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
professional 1 said:
As they state in their website, it is usually 15 days from the day they receive the passport, if you live in Canada, add the time needed for your shipment to cross the borders which might be 5 days extra. (unless you use a prepaid courier like FEDEX back and forth , which takes only one day to deliver your shipment).
Hi Professional 1,

Thanks for the information , i have send them express mail envelope as told by them on website. At post office they told that i will receive it in one day after they post it.(Do have the tracking number).

himanshu2277

Star Member
Apr 16, 2010
Boston
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo , NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-12-2009
Doc's Request.
15-03-2010
IELTS Request
sent - Done
File Transfer...
done
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
Namaste...!
Passport Req..
Namaste...!
VISA ISSUED...
Ohh GOD...!
LANDED..........
Namaste...!
I sent full docs in end of july 2010 , still waiting for 2nd AOR from Buffalo CHC.
anyone got 2nd AOR from july end to october end 2010.

wsj78

Star Member
Jun 15, 2009
professional1, thanks for the reply. It's good to know it takes only 5 mins at the border. I'm planning to take the bus to Toronto. I'm not sure how the landing process works for someone arriving by bus.

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sazid said:
Hi Professional 1,

Thanks for the information , i have send them express mail envelope as told by them on website. At post office they told that i will receive it in one day after they post it.(Do have the tracking number).

Wish you the best of luck, your are alomst there.

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wsj78 said:
professional1, thanks for the reply. It's good to know it takes only 5 mins at the border. I'm planning to take the bus to Toronto. I'm not sure how the landing process works for someone arriving by bus.

Hopefully it will be very smooth.

Good luck.

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
beauhoe, Pasi and others who got their PR cards:

Have you guys tried to use the PR card number to see if it gives an access to the online status ?

I was able to use the COPR number which is given on the PR visa under Doc No starts with a letter and numbers, and the same one is written on the COPR document which has the same number exactly as the Doc No, and for sure you all are able to use the immigration file numbers given by both the CIO and the visa office to have an accesses to th online status.

My question is:

Where is the PR card number that gives you an access to the same information as the above numbers ?

I called the CIC call center, and it appears that the agents are not able to know where is that number on the card !

When i told them that i tried to use the number starts with letters followed by numbers on the back of my PR card, and it does not give me an access to the e-case because i got a message that the format is wrong because the format of the PR card number should be like this:

RA0162783465

They kep trying to avoid the answer saying why do you want to use the PR card number to have an access to the online status !

My answer was: Why not when it is one of the options given to me by CIC website to get an access to my E-case even if it is complete ?

I said i always prefer to make sure that my Documents do not have any errors, and as long as this number is not giving me an accsess to the e-case like the other numbers, it means that it is either an invalid number, or not the PR card number.

At last, i could not get an answer from them about the question "where is my PR card number", and if it is the one written on the back of my card, why it does not give me an access to the e-case ?

That is why i would like to know if any of you guys who got the PR card is able to have an access to his online status using this number, when you try to check the e-case using the option "Permanent residence card number" ?

I think they should hire more educated people in the CIC call center who are not asnwering the question by a question !

USH1B

Star Member
Jul 21, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo / LA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 9, 2009
Doc's Request.
Jan 15, 2010
AOR Received.
Sept 24, 2010
IELTS Request
Jan 15, 2010
File Transfer...
Oct 20, 2010
Med's Request
Nov 15, 2010
Med's Done....
Nov 30, 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 12, 2011/Aug 23, 2011 after adding new born baby
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 1, 2011
LANDED..........
Sept 21, 2011
Hi Professional 1, Garian4u and others who got your visa,

To start with, congrats to all who have got the visa stamped in your PPs. Could you share your IELTS score too? There are many versions as to what should be the ideal score in each of the 4 sections so that the VO will not ask for re-exam. Your scores will give us all an idea if we will be / will not be asked to take the exam again if the our score matches or is very close to your scores.

BTW, my file was transferred to LA on Oct 20 and waiting for the medical request.

Thanks

USH1B

room3

Feb 15, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Its reallllllllllllyyyyyyyy frustrating.

I have submitted my full documents on april 1st 2010

Got my 2nd AOR on May 5th 2010.

But after that there is no change in my status.

It is more than 6 months and still says same "Received by Visa Office". :mad: :mad: :mad:

any suggestion?
shd I send them a case specific inquiry? ??? ???