+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applications filed through NS --> Buffalo (Filed from USA)

sazid

Star Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AvayaLenovo said:
Garian and sazid,
Actually, one of my friends who is on temporary working visa here in US went to Canada for US visa stamping. It took only 1 day for her to have her passport back. But you have to schedule in advance for your interview. However, she's not in the same boat as ours...since she doesn't have Canadian PR. She entered Canada via tourist visa. Among the different countries, I think Canada is the fastest in returning passports (1 day). Most of them take at least 1 week (meaning, you have to stay in their country for at least 1 week!). And I'm not considering Mexico...with the chaos going on in the mexican border, I don't want to take the risk.

I'll read the links posted by karsatjaya above (Thank you!) and assess my situation. Right now, I'm monitoring my home country's appointment dates. I will let you know once I decide to have my US visa stamped in Canada.
Hi Avaya,
I have a question did your friend went for stamping as she was changing visa status like F1 to H1B or she went for extension of visa which was already stamped in her home country before.

Thanks.

AvayaLenovo

Star Member
Jul 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13Oct2009
Doc's Request.
10Dec2009
AOR Received.
09Apr2010
Med's Request
25Aug2010
Med's Done....
2Sep2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
7Oct2010
VISA ISSUED...
21Oct2010
LANDED..........
30Jun2011
sazid said:
Hi Avaya,
I have a question did your friend went for stamping as she was changing visa status like F1 to H1B or she went for extension of visa which was already stamped in her home country before.

Thanks.
Just extension of visa...which is same case as mine.
I've been thinking about this and I can't think of any problem we would face. Because see, if we enter the border, we will just be presenting our Canadian PR. We don't need to let them know that we are there for our US visa interview/stamping. Then after doing our landing process, we can proceed to the US embassy and have our US visa stamped. Then after receiving our passports back, we can go back to US just like any other person who has done his/her landing process. What would be the reason we can't be allowed to re-enter? We have a valid visa to enter US and several people have proven that we can go back to US without the PR card thru the border (and I think this has nothing to do with us having our US visa stamped in Canada). What do you think?

sazid

Star Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AvayaLenovo said:
I've been thinking about this and I can't think of any problem we would face. Because see, if we enter the border, we will just be presenting our Canadian PR. We don't need to let them know that we are there for our US visa interview/stamping. Then after doing our landing process, we can proceed to the US embassy and have our US visa stamped. Then after receiving our passports back, we can go back to US just like any other person who has done his/her landing process. What would be the reason we can't be allowed to re-enter? We have a valid visa to enter US and several people have proven that we can go back to US without the PR card thru the border (and I think this has nothing to do with us having our US visa stamped in Canada). What do you think?
I too think the same, both are different process . Only think is in US embassy if they ask why we have come here for stamping than we can say we are PR of this country thats why we have come here. Which will also be evident to visa officer as he can see our PR visa stamped on our passport.

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AvayaLenovo said:
AvayaLenovo, again I am not an expert on this, as I myself is seeking an answer. But, after reading through the links what I understood is that US has stopped the AVR (Automatic Visa Renewal). Just to put things in the the correct terms, when we receive approval of visa extension requests, we do not have a valid visa, we only have a valid I-94. So, based on our valid I-94 and accompanying approved I-797 (petition) we are trying to get a visa stamped for re-entry. Now, 2 things - 1. If we have a valid visa (not valid I-94) and then make a trip to a contiguous territory (viz. Canada) for less than 30 days, then our I-94 is most likely to be not changed. However, if we do not have a valid visa, and leave US into Canada, then the I-94 will be taken at the border so that it doesn't result in AVR. Now, without the I-94, we cannot re-enter US if we do not get a US visa stamped first. If we didn't have a PR, then we would have to leave for our home country immediately. 2. If we apply for visa stamping in the US Consulate at Canada, then that automatically disqualifies us for an AVR. So, pretty tricky, as per my analysis.So, if someone is planning to do the landing with an extended I-94, I think that is out of the question. But, with the way that you have outlined AvayaLenovo, I think it should be possible. I will be anxious to know how it goes for you.

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys,

I just received my PR card by mail today from "CPC-Nova Scotia", It took exactly 38 days since i landed to receive it. It has a wonderful shape, "the new cards".

Now still waiting for my health card "OHIP".

Good luck to all.

loveson

May 21, 2010
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
01-11- 2009
AOR Received.
05-05-2010
File Transfer...
10Oct12 to seattle
Med's Request
30Mar12
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
02AUG12
professional 1 said:
I have the same situation exactly but without a file transfer, sent my full application to Buffalo on Sep, 2009, and got the PPR on Sep, 2010 (12 months exactly).

HI, Professional 1, my file is still "received by visa office", it has been almost 6 months after getting my 2nd AOR, I am really worry about my file. No updates at all. And in E-cas, I can see CIC received my immigration application on Jan 2010. The whole process is going to a year and no updates at all. And i saw some forums said the quota of 2010 is full, so frustrated.

Best wishes for all the waiting guys. :(

smallduck

Jul 21, 2010
NYC
Category........
Visa Office......
New York, NY (In Process)
NOC Code......
9xxx
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 05 2009
Doc's Request.
Dec 02 2009
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
Dec 10 2009 and Apr 21 2010
IELTS Request
waived
File Transfer...
Jul 14 2010 to NYVO
Med's Request
Aug 24 2010
Med's Done....
Sep 15 2010 - and Med RCVD (Nov 16)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Apr 04 2011, Decision made Apr 25 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Apr 18 2011
AvayaLenovo said:
Garian and sazid,
Actually, one of my friends who is on temporary working visa here in US went to Canada for US visa stamping. It took only 1 day for her to have her passport back. But you have to schedule in advance for your interview. However, she's not in the same boat as ours...since she doesn't have Canadian PR. She entered Canada via tourist visa. Among the different countries, I think Canada is the fastest in returning passports (1 day). Most of them take at least 1 week (meaning, you have to stay in their country for at least 1 week!). And I'm not considering Mexico...with the chaos going on in the mexican border, I don't want to take the risk.

I'll read the links posted by karsatjaya above (Thank you!) and assess my situation. Right now, I'm monitoring my home country's appointment dates. I will let you know once I decide to have my US visa stamped in Canada.
Hey guys,

I have the same question because my visa will be expired before my landing. I plan to do two things separately. First, I will complete the landing, keeping my I-94 attached to the passport and I will be back to US less than 30 days with AVR. Then I'm going back to can to get the new US visa, it shouldn't be more difficult in Can than your home country. My friend get his US visa in Can twice (he got multi-entry tourist Visa to Can) without any difficulties.
Anyway, I just want to point out that we shouldn't mix thing up, finish the task one by one. We are not the only ones, there are thousand and thousand of similar situations happened before I guess ;).
Per AvayaLenovo list of items. I guess I will bring cash + traveler check on my first landing to open bank account, credit card and SIN, insurance etc. Then I will come back to US to put my asset on liquidation, then move myself to Can on the REAL landing ;).
Keep on brainstorming, I'm glad to share my thoughts here.

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
loveson said:
HI, Professional 1, my file is still "received by visa office", it has been almost 6 months after getting my 2nd AOR, I am really worry about my file. No updates at all. And in E-cas, I can see CIC received my immigration application on Jan 2010. The whole process is going to a year and no updates at all. And i saw some forums said the quota of 2010 is full, so frustrated.

Best wishes for all the waiting guys. :(

Do not worry man, give it one more month, and i am sure that you will be contacted by them.

Wish you the best of luck.

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
smallduck said:
Hey guys,

I have the same question because my visa will be expired before my landing. I plan to do two things separately. First, I will complete the landing, keeping my I-94 attached to the passport and I will be back to US less than 30 days with AVR. Then I'm going back to can to get the new US visa, it shouldn't be more difficult in Can than your home country. My friend get his US visa in Can twice (he got multi-entry tourist Visa to Can) without any difficulties.
Anyway, I just want to point out that we shouldn't mix thing up, finish the task one by one. We are not the only ones, there are thousand and thousand of similar situations happened before I guess ;).
Per AvayaLenovo list of items. I guess I will bring cash + traveler check on my first landing to open bank account, credit card and SIN, insurance etc. Then I will come back to US to put my asset on liquidation, then move myself to Can on the REAL landing ;).
Keep on brainstorming, I'm glad to share my thoughts here.
smallduck, do you have a valid US visa? If you have a valid US visa and then try to complete your landing in Canada, then you may not face any issues. But, if you do not have a valid US visa, only valid I-94, then you will be in trouble turning back to US after the landing.

canadadream1

Aug 9, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-08-2009
Doc's Request.
5-10-2009
AOR Received.
20-11-2009
File Transfer...
17-05-2010
Med's Request
15-06-2010
Med's Done....
14-07-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
14-10-2010
LANDED..........
sometime Jan 2011
I just want to share the information I have from the University I attended in the US. Please check before applying for new visa because if it is rejected then you cannot go back under AVR... I encourage anyone trying to get back to US without visa to get the regulation and read it carefully.

AUTOMATIC VISA REVALIDATION - Short trips to Canada and/or Mexico

The rule found in the Code of Federal Regulations at 22 CFR 41.112(d) allows non-immigrants to re-enter the U.S. without a valid U.S. nonimmigrant visa stamp. To be eligible for this provision, the following conditions must apply:
Period abroad did not exceed 30 days • Visit included ONLY Canada or Mexico (contiguous territory); a special provision for F and J non-immigrants extends this to adjacent islands (Bahamas, Barbados, Bermuda, Hispaniola (Haiti and The Dominican Republic), Jamaica, Martinique, St. Pierre and Miquelon, Trinidad and Tobago, The Leeward Islands (Anguilla, Antigua, Guadeloupe, Nevis, St. Kitts and the British Virgin Islands), The Windward Islands (Dominica, Grenada, St. Lucia and St. Vincent), and other British, French or Dutch territories, or possessions in or bordering on the Caribbean Sea. Cuba is not included.
• Non- immigrant is otherwise admissible to the U.S.
Non- immigrant did not apply for a new U.S. visa while abroad
• Non- immigrant has maintained valid non-immigrant status prior to departure from the U.S. and will return to the U.S. to resume that same status.
• Non- immigrant is in possession of appropriate documents to demonstrate status: valid passport; most recently issued original I-94 card (the I-94 should be retained, not surrendered upon departure from the U.S. if automatic visa revalidation is to be used); valid form DS-2019 signed for re-entry for J-1s and valid form I-20 for F-1s.
• Non-immigrant is not a national of Cuba, Iraq, Iran, North Korea, Syria, or Sudan.

If you meet the above conditions you may re-enter the U.S with an expired F or J (as applicable) visa using automatic visa revalidation. Also, if you changed status from another visa category to F or J, and never obtained an F-1 or J-1 visa stamp, you may re-enter the U.S. without a visa using automatic visa revalidation if the above conditions are met

nmat

Jul 29, 2010
I am also looking for doing the landing process for PR and stamping the H1B visa (extension) from Canada US consulate during December.

From what I know is that, when we drive to Canada, we are not surrendering our I-94. So I can complete my landing process and come to US within 30 days with the I-94 and the renewed I 797 C notice.

When I try to get my H1B extension visa stamped at Canadian US consulate, they will take out the I-94. If the stamping of US visa goes fine (no rejection), I will get a new I-94 and I can enter US using that with out any issues. But if they reject the extension, my I-94 will not be eligible for automatic re entry ( They cancel the I-94). Then I may have to go to my home country to get it stamped to enter US.

Also for the automatic re validation of I-94, we should have an valid/expired H1B visa + valid I 797 C + I 94.
( It means I enter in B visa and changed to H visa and when I come back, I cannot enter.)

jang

Star Member
Jan 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2009
Doc's Request.
22-01-2010
AOR Received.
28-06-2010
File Transfer...
28-07-2010
Med's Request
20-08-2010
Med's Done....
02-09-2010
Anybody with experience in getting visa stamped in LA office...in person. Please share.

I plan to go there soon.

nmat

Jul 29, 2010
canadadream1 said:
I just want to share the information I have from the University I attended in the US. Please check before applying for new visa because if it is rejected then you cannot go back under AVR... I encourage anyone trying to get back to US without visa to get the regulation and read it carefully.

AUTOMATIC VISA REVALIDATION - Short trips to Canada and/or Mexico

The rule found in the Code of Federal Regulations at 22 CFR 41.112(d) allows non-immigrants to re-enter the U.S. without a valid U.S. nonimmigrant visa stamp. To be eligible for this provision, the following conditions must apply:
Period abroad did not exceed 30 days • Visit included ONLY Canada or Mexico (contiguous territory); a special provision for F and J non-immigrants extends this to adjacent islands (Bahamas, Barbados, Bermuda, Hispaniola (Haiti and The Dominican Republic), Jamaica, Martinique, St. Pierre and Miquelon, Trinidad and Tobago, The Leeward Islands (Anguilla, Antigua, Guadeloupe, Nevis, St. Kitts and the British Virgin Islands), The Windward Islands (Dominica, Grenada, St. Lucia and St. Vincent), and other British, French or Dutch territories, or possessions in or bordering on the Caribbean Sea. Cuba is not included.
• Non- immigrant is otherwise admissible to the U.S.
Non- immigrant did not apply for a new U.S. visa while abroad
• Non- immigrant has maintained valid non-immigrant status prior to departure from the U.S. and will return to the U.S. to resume that same status.
• Non- immigrant is in possession of appropriate documents to demonstrate status: valid passport; most recently issued original I-94 card (the I-94 should be retained, not surrendered upon departure from the U.S. if automatic visa revalidation is to be used); valid form DS-2019 signed for re-entry for J-1s and valid form I-20 for F-1s.
• Non-immigrant is not a national of Cuba, Iraq, Iran, North Korea, Syria, or Sudan.

If you meet the above conditions you may re-enter the U.S with an expired F or J (as applicable) visa using automatic visa revalidation. Also, if you changed status from another visa category to F or J, and never obtained an F-1 or J-1 visa stamp, you may re-enter the U.S. without a visa using automatic visa revalidation if the above conditions are met
The Toronoto US consulate web site says that when we renew our H1 visa there, they will cancel existing I94.
http://toronto.usconsulate.gov/content/content.asp?section=visas&document=visas_faq

I came from the U.S. to renew (or apply for) a nonimmigrant visa. If I’m found ineligible can I return to the U.S. with my still valid Arrival and Departure Record (I-94) or another visa?

No. If you are ineligible for a visa you are ineligible to seek entry to the United States. We will retain your I-94 and make an appropriate entry in our database that is shared with DHS at all ports of entry. If you have no long term status or residence in Canada you should plan to return to your home country, without passing through the United States, if you are ineligible for a visa. It is always best for such applicants to apply for a visa in their country of permanent residence or nationality.

sazid

Star Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nmat said:
I am also looking for doing the landing process for PR and stamping the H1B visa (extension) from Canada US consulate during December.

From what I know is that, when we drive to Canada, we are not surrendering our I-94. So I can complete my landing process and come to US within 30 days with the I-94 and the renewed I 797 C notice.

When I try to get my H1B extension visa stamped at Canadian US consulate, they will take out the I-94. If the stamping of US visa goes fine (no rejection), I will get a new I-94 and I can enter US using that with out any issues. But if they reject the extension, my I-94 will not be eligible for automatic re entry ( They cancel the I-94). Then I may have to go to my home country to get it stamped to enter US.

Also for the automatic re validation of I-94, we should have an valid/expired H1B visa + valid I 797 C + I 94.
( It means I enter in B visa and changed to H visa and when I come back, I cannot enter.)
Hi Nmat,
I have a question looking at your statements , is it possible that i can renter US even if my visa experied. Presently i am on F1 and my visa is experied but i am maintain g my status as on my I 94 it says duration of status. So can i complete my landing process in canada and come back to US without even going for visa stamping if i have valid i 20

Thanks

sazid

Star Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi ,

Any one send the passport by mail for PR visa stamping to buffalo , How much time does it take to send back the passport with the visa stamped once they receive the passport. They have received my passport today.

thanks