+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applications filed through NS --> Buffalo (Filed from USA)

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canadadream1 said:
Hi, I sent my application to Buffalo in October 2009, and exactly October 2010 I got passport request for visa to be stamped ( 12 months). I have seen people that submittted in Nov and Dec that are in the last step. Then yours will come soon. They may transfer your application to a local consulate as our case (it was trasnfer to Detroit) after that transfer only 5 months including medicals...

good luck

I have the same situation exactly but without a file transfer, sent my full application to Buffalo on Sep, 2009, and got the PPR on Sep, 2010 (12 months exactly).

room3

Feb 15, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
professional 1 said:
I have the same situation exactly, sent my full application to Buffalo on Sep, 2009, and got the PPR on Sep, 2010 (12 months exactly).
Thanks Pro 1 and canadadream 1

you guys are doing excellent job, helping people like me and so many others on this forum.
Hopefully, My case will be the same as yours and I will be done with this frustrating process within a year or so.

KEEPING MY FINGER CROSSED.

AvayaLenovo

Star Member
Jul 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13Oct2009
Doc's Request.
10Dec2009
AOR Received.
09Apr2010
Med's Request
25Aug2010
Med's Done....
2Sep2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
7Oct2010
VISA ISSUED...
21Oct2010
LANDED..........
30Jun2011
canadadream1 said:
Hi, I sent my application to Buffalo in October 2009, and exactly October 2010 I got passport request for visa to be stamped ( 12 months). I have seen people that submittted in Nov and Dec that are in the last step. Then yours will come soon. They may transfer your application to a local consulate as our case (it was trasnfer to Detroit) after that transfer only 5 months including medicals...

good luck
Exactly same case with me. October 2009 to October 2010. But mine did not get transferred, Buffalo all throughout.

Waited 2 months for 1st AOR
Took 2 months before I submitted my application to Buffalo
Waited 2 months for the 2nd AOR
Waited 5 months for an update & medical request
PPR came 1 month after.

From the day I received an update and medical request, succeeding steps were just days apart (e.g. RPRF encashment, having medicals, Ottawa's receipt of medicals, etc).

God bless, everyone.

cheerup

Jan 18, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi AvayaLenovo

You timeline is really good after April. When did you go "in process". Thanks.

AvayaLenovo

Star Member
Jul 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13Oct2009
Doc's Request.
10Dec2009
AOR Received.
09Apr2010
Med's Request
25Aug2010
Med's Done....
2Sep2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
7Oct2010
VISA ISSUED...
21Oct2010
LANDED..........
30Jun2011
cheerup said:
Hi AvayaLenovo

You timeline is really good after April. When did you go "in process". Thanks.
Actually, the long wait started after April. But it went very fast after my status became "In Process" sometime between August & September. But according to my e-cas, they have started processing my application on Aug. 12, 2010.

Right now, it still says medical received.

smallduck

Jul 21, 2010
NYC
Category........
Visa Office......
New York, NY (In Process)
NOC Code......
9xxx
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 05 2009
Doc's Request.
Dec 02 2009
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
Dec 10 2009 and Apr 21 2010
IELTS Request
waived
File Transfer...
Jul 14 2010 to NYVO
Med's Request
Aug 24 2010
Med's Done....
Sep 15 2010 - and Med RCVD (Nov 16)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Apr 04 2011, Decision made Apr 25 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Apr 18 2011
AvayaLenovo said:
Actually, the long wait started after April. But it went very fast after my status became "In Process" sometime between August & September. But according to my e-cas, they have started processing my application on Aug. 12, 2010.

Right now, it still says medical received.
I was applying around your time, but my file got transferred to NYVO and I got stuck with the CAP. Anyway, I pretty much enjoy waiting government service :D

AvayaLenovo

Star Member
Jul 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13Oct2009
Doc's Request.
10Dec2009
AOR Received.
09Apr2010
Med's Request
25Aug2010
Med's Done....
2Sep2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
7Oct2010
VISA ISSUED...
21Oct2010
LANDED..........
30Jun2011
smallduck said:
I was applying around your time, but my file got transferred to NYVO and I got stuck with the CAP. Anyway, I pretty much enjoy waiting government service :D
Yes, enjoy the wait! You're almost there...you'll never know, you might have a big surprise for the new year! ;)

It would be devastating if you receive the PPR and few days later your enjoyment gets spoiled by the news that the request was sent by mistake. bummer... :'(

gmr

Jul 24, 2010
Twilight871 said:
You should have got it or will get it pretty soon, although it would have been easier to predict if your detailed timeline was known. BTW why did you do 2nd medical, for any further tests?

My second medical was done due x-ray problem done by the technicia.The doctor advised to do an ECHO and the report turned out to be normal. Still it says IN PROCESS. Below is my time line.

Pls Comment

We received your application for permanent residence on June 22, 2009.

We reviewed your application and sent you a letter on September 11, 2009. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Your application and supporting documents were received by the Los Angeles office. They are pending review.

We transferred your application to the Los Angeles office on September 15, 2009. The Los Angeles office may contact you.

We transferred your application to the Los Angeles office on April 13, 2010. The Los Angeles office may contact you.

Your application was reviewed and we started processing on May 3, 2010.

OrangeC

Star Member
Jan 25, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo->NewYork
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2009
Doc's Request.
30-09-2009
AOR Received.
05-01-2010
File Transfer...
11-05-2010
Med's Request
17-06-2010
Med's Done....
08-07-2010
Passport Req..
21-09-2010
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2010
LANDED..........
01-11-2010
All,

Received my pp stamped with visas for me and my family. The pp reached NY on Sep 29 and they stamped visa on Oct 1. But the passports reached me in Canada only on Oct 22.. 3 weeks to crawl through the US-Canada postal system!

I have updated my timeline. Since I am already in Canada, I will have to go over to the border and land. Need to get my funds in order before that just in case they check that even though I have a job in Canada.

Will keep everyone posted on my landing experiences as well. Hope things go well.. It's the last leg of quite a long journey!

Ciao,
A.

room3

Feb 15, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OrangeC said:
All,

Received my pp stamped with visas for me and my family. The pp reached NY on Sep 29 and they stamped visa on Oct 1. But the passports reached me in Canada only on Oct 22.. 3 weeks to crawl through the US-Canada postal system!

I have updated my timeline. Since I am already in Canada, I will have to go over to the border and land. Need to get my funds in order before that just in case they check that even though I have a job in Canada.

Will keep everyone posted on my landing experiences as well. Hope things go well.. It's the last leg of quite a long journey!

Ciao,
A.
congratulation..!!!!!!!! good luck for future endeavors.

cheers.!!

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OrangeC said:
All,

Ciao,
A.

Congratulations, and wish you a great new life in canada as a permanent resident.

Twilight871

Star Member
May 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 30, 2009
Doc's Request.
Feb 05, 2010
AOR Received.
May 18, 2010
IELTS Request
Completed
File Transfer...
Aug 18, 2010 to LA office
Med's Request
On Sep 30, e-cas "IN PROCESS" since Sep 22
Med's Done....
October 05, 2010
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
14/12/2010
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
Summer 2011
karsatjaya said:
Thanks Pro1 for the clarification .....

Twilight871, by the way my cashier check towards RPRF got cleared yesterday and it has been confirmed by the bank officials. Do you know your status ?

Thanks
Karsatjaya,

My Money order was cashed by Canadian Consulate General, LA on October 20th, the same day as yours. By the mercy of the Almighty, if everything goes fine, we can expect PPR between Nov 15-30. Hope LA will not reach their their cap by then.

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
By the way guys, This is a new information:

For whoever lives in canada, got his PR visa, and want to land, It looks like you do not have to reach the US. side to do so, it is enough just to reach the Fort Erie Bridge, and turn back before you reach the US. border, and waste a long time waiting for their refusal letter.

Have a look at the following links:

http://www.immigration.ca/discussion2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=45337&whichpage=1

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=478985

trackitt.com/canada-discussion-forums/canadian-experience-class/577368315/landing-expereince-fort-erie-peace-bridge-july-20-2010

They both did not have a visa to enter the states, and were able to land with no need to reach the US. borders in Fort Erie bridge.

If i knew about it before i landed, i would not have wasted 2 hours waiting for the refusal letter from the USA to turn back and land in Canada.

Anyway, it is a good piece of information for new people who are going to land under the same conditions.

Good luck to all.

sazid

Star Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

I got my passport request by email yesterday :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :),Thanks seniors for all the information you have provided. Send the passport by mail today as i wont be able to go in person due to office work. Hope to get the passport stamped quickly with the maple leaf.

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sazid said:
Hi All,

I got my passport request by email yesterday :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :),Thanks seniors for all the information you have provided. Send the passport by mail today as i wont be able to go in person due to office work. Hope to get the passport stamped quickly with the maple leaf.

Congratulations, and wish you the best of luck.