+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applications filed through NS --> Buffalo (Filed from USA)

wsj78

Star Member
Jun 15, 2009
If NY VO quota is closed, what are the chances Buffalo will close too. Anyone here knows if Buffalo reached the quota in 2009?

Pasi

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2009
Toronto
mark_immi said:
Professional1, Pasi, Garian, smallduck, behaue....any advise?
I would agree with the replies given by professional1 and garian4u. Do not loose hope. There are a lot of times when your patience will be tested in this process. Just stay calm and continue what you were doing. You will get the good news soon.

vermas

Champion Member
Jan 12, 2010
NOC Code......
NA
App. Filed.......
eAPR/AOR 13-08-2018
candiur said:
Finally today I got my 2nd AOR.

It is almost 4 months since I have submitted the complete set of documents to Buffalo. Question for all who have - Is the AXC file number different than the one received during the first AOR? I see both the file numbers are different and not able to pull information from ECAS.
Congrats candiur,

Following link is for the applicants who received their BUFFALO AOR in August-September-October 2010. You are invited to join us there for mutually beneficial tracking.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-di...

Cheers...

andypatel

Star Member
May 27, 2010
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
hi,
i got my wife PP renewed. i got it in mail yesterday but my daughter still pending.
i will give update on my daughter when i will have it.

? for pros.
i did my medical and they received on sep 30, RPRF cashed on same day but my status still in process and not change for medical received. any idea how long its take to change the status.

thanks

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wsj78 said:
If NY VO quota is closed, what are the chances Buffalo will close too. Anyone here knows if Buffalo reached the quota in 2009?

There is no any sign indicates that Buffalo visa office has reached their quota for the current year "2010", no one has posted any such emails like the ones sent by NY office.

Anyway, Buffalo is supposed to be the last office reaches the qouta for so many reasons:

Buffalo is the slowest office in the USA because of the huge number of applications (immigration, and non-immigration visas) they process each year (the biggest consulate in the USA).

Usually most applications processed at Buffalo visa office itself, are subject to background check with other governments, which take a while for the results to be received, and delays the PPR.

Applications transfered to any other local visa office in the USA are not subject to any background check with other governments, and that is why they finalize the applications faster, and usually reaches their quotas before Buffalo visa office does.

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
andypatel said:
? for pros.
i did my medical and they received on sep 30, RPRF cashed on same day but my status still in process and not change for medical received. any idea how long its take to change the status.

thanks

With Buffalo visa office no one really knows how long it takes after doing medicals to get the PPR or even to see the update"Medical results have been received" because of the above mentioned reasons about background check.

Hopefully you will get it soon.

Good luck.

mark_immi

Star Member
Oct 1, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks pro1, garian, smallduck and pasi....Professional1, I can imagine how hard it is to wait for you for 15 months, my application also has passed 14 months. I will wait one more week after 90 days are over and then shoot an email. will post my reply here

professional 1 said:
There is no need to order the CAIPS, but not because of the reasons your lawyer claimed, your waiting time has not exceeded the 90 days yet to contact them or even to be worried. The whole thing is still normal in your situation, just wait for any correspondence from them untill the 20th of october which is the end of your 90 days, and then contact the NY office directly.

Man i waited for 8 months from the date of reciept of my application at Buffalo to see the change on my e-case and be contacted by Buffalo, and for 15 months for the entire process to be finalized since i first applied to the CIO. Your timeline is still better than mine.

I am sure that they will get back to you soon anyway.

Good luck.

parulkrish

Oct 19, 2009
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 26,2010
AOR Received.
March 09,2010
File Transfer...
August 04/2010 to New York, IN process 30/08/10
Med's Request
November 8, 2010
Med's Done....
December 6, 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 17, 2011
LANDED..........
Hi, Guys

I recieved same reply today from NY office which i got 15 days ago, My file is still with an immigration officer for review, How long it takes to review one file????

This is to acknowledge receipt of your application for permanent residence to Canada from our office in Buffalo. Your file is currently with an Immigration Officer for review. In the interim, you must advise this office immediately in writing of any change in your civil status or family composition (i.e. marriage, divorce, birth of new child, etc.) or mailing address.

Thank you for your interest in Canada.

Immigration Section

Canadian Consulate General | Consulat général du Canada

1251 Avenue of the Americas New York, NY 10020-1175 Government of Canada | Gouvernement du Canada www.newyork.gc.ca newyork-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca

AvayaLenovo

Star Member
Jul 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13Oct2009
Doc's Request.
10Dec2009
AOR Received.
09Apr2010
Med's Request
25Aug2010
Med's Done....
2Sep2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
7Oct2010
VISA ISSUED...
21Oct2010
LANDED..........
30Jun2011
I just checked my e-cas today and it has now been updated with the additional statement of "Medical Results have been received". If they only added this yesterday (since they usually do updates on Tuesdays), it took 3 working days before they updated my e-cas status from the time I received my PPR. Just thought this information would be useful to some.

smallduck

Jul 21, 2010
NYC
Category........
Visa Office......
New York, NY (In Process)
NOC Code......
9xxx
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 05 2009
Doc's Request.
Dec 02 2009
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
Dec 10 2009 and Apr 21 2010
IELTS Request
waived
File Transfer...
Jul 14 2010 to NYVO
Med's Request
Aug 24 2010
Med's Done....
Sep 15 2010 - and Med RCVD (Nov 16)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Apr 04 2011, Decision made Apr 25 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Apr 18 2011
professional 1 said:
There is no any sign indicates that Buffalo visa office has reached their quota for the current year "2010", no one has posted any such emails like the ones sent by NY office.

Anyway, Buffalo is supposed to be the last office reaches the qouta for so many reasons:

Buffalo is the slowest office in the USA because of the huge number of applications (immigration, and non-immigration visas) they process each year (the biggest consulate in the USA).

Usually most applications processed at Buffalo visa office itself, are subject to background check with other governments, which take a while for the results to be received, and delays the PPR.

Applications transfered to any other local visa office in the USA are not subject to any background check with other governments, and that is why they finalize the applications faster, and usually reaches their quotas before Buffalo visa office does.
Thanks for the clearly explained and full-of-information post Professional1.

sagarmatha

Star Member
Nov 28, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2009
Doc's Request.
20-01-2010
AOR Received.
28-04-2010
Med's Request
07-09-2010
Med's Done....
13-09-2010
Interview........
waived up to now
Passport Req..
22-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2010
LANDED..........
Some time next year
AvayaLenovo said:
I just checked my e-cas today and it has now been updated with the additional statement of "Medical Results have been received". If they only added this yesterday (since they usually do updates on Tuesdays), it took 3 working days before they updated my e-cas status from the time I received my PPR. Just thought this information would be useful to some.
Your timeline after the medical record is pretty impressive and has given me and many others a ray of hope. Congratulation.

Twilight871

Star Member
May 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 30, 2009
Doc's Request.
Feb 05, 2010
AOR Received.
May 18, 2010
IELTS Request
Completed
File Transfer...
Aug 18, 2010 to LA office
Med's Request
On Sep 30, e-cas "IN PROCESS" since Sep 22
Med's Done....
October 05, 2010
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
14/12/2010
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
Summer 2011
I sent my RPRF along with receipt of medical test of me and my wife to LA office. Houston DMP yet not mailed my medical result although I completed it on Oct 5. They are so slow. Anyway, hope everything will go fine.

Anyone has any idea approximately how much time LA office usually takes to send PPR after medical is received? I have to arrange something to bring my wife's passport from my native country. That will help.

canada001

Star Member
Jul 7, 2010
About the visa cap topic

I emailed Detroit, my visa office. I clearly stated in my email that if they won't issue me the visa for any reason in this year, I can wait without any problem (what other choice can I have). But they clearly said that I can submit my passport and any other information as requested for visa issuance. So, I assume Detroit has enough quota for this year.