+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applications filed through NS --> Buffalo (Filed from USA)

jits1000

Star Member
Dec 20, 2009
canada
Category........
Visa Office......
bufallo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12April2009
Doc's Request.
10May2009
AOR Received.
10July2009
Med's Request
25May2010
Med's Done....
DONE
Interview........
Waived off
Passport Req..
27Aug 2010
VISA ISSUED...
14Sept 2010
LANDED..........
6Oct 2010
beauhoe said:
Congratulations!

thankyou and congrats on your pr card recieve :) :) :) ;)

jits1000

Star Member
Dec 20, 2009
canada
Category........
Visa Office......
bufallo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12April2009
Doc's Request.
10May2009
AOR Received.
10July2009
Med's Request
25May2010
Med's Done....
DONE
Interview........
Waived off
Passport Req..
27Aug 2010
VISA ISSUED...
14Sept 2010
LANDED..........
6Oct 2010
professional 1 said:
Congratulations for being a landed immigrant.

That is the second time i hear of taking the work permit away from the landed immigrants at the time of landing !

In my case everything went exactly as you explained in your landing except taking away my study or Off-campus work permits !

I did ask the immigration officer whether she needs them or not, and actually i handed them to her because i was under the impression that she is gonna take them away to destroy them, but she gave them back to me saying "i do not need all of that, just give me your proof of funds and that is it."

She did the same like your case exactly regarding everything else such as; stamping the passport with the entry and date stamp, putting a line on the visa because it is one entry, asking for the mailing address, letting me review the information written in the COPR and sign my initials in each available space to confirm that the information is true, and there is no mistakes.

She asked me to sign inside the green square on the COPR and she emphasized that i must not touch the borders of the square because it is the signature which gonna appear on my PR card.

She said, apply right away for the permanent SIN card and number, the OHIP card, and do not wait until the PR card arrive to your mailing address. She said as well "if you intend to leave canada make sure that you do not do so before you receive your PR card.

Finally she congratulated me and told me that the PR card is gonna be sent to my mailing address within 6 to 7 weeks, and asked me if i have any questions, and that was it.

thank you professional 1

jits1000

Star Member
Dec 20, 2009
canada
Category........
Visa Office......
bufallo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12April2009
Doc's Request.
10May2009
AOR Received.
10July2009
Med's Request
25May2010
Med's Done....
DONE
Interview........
Waived off
Passport Req..
27Aug 2010
VISA ISSUED...
14Sept 2010
LANDED..........
6Oct 2010
AvayaLenovo said:
Congratulation for officially becoming an immigrant! ;D

thankyou and
congrats on your ppr ,all d best man :) :) :) ;)

brandon

May 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-03-2010
Doc's Request.
19-05-2010
Greetings all,

I filed my application to the CIO in canada in March 2010, and documents are requested to Buffalo VO on May 2010. I was extremely busy with work and didn't have the chance to provide my IELTS scores on time. I actually had to send my full application to Buffalo before the 120 days period elapsed and I miss my chance.

I'm afraid I missed my chance to send my IELTS score to the VO?

I already provided written documents to prove my language proficiency. However, I was in doubt that the visa officer will disprove these documents and underestimate my language proficiency points. So I enclosed a cover letter in my application showing that I already have registered to take the IELTS test, and will be sending my scores as soon as I get them. Will the VO send me back requesting for my IELTS scores? or would they make a language assessment based on the documents in hand? which obviously might cause my application to get rejected because frankly I need the language proficiency points to be qualified on the point scale 67.

Your answer is deeply appreciated.
Thanks

adnantahir

Sep 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 15, 2010
Doc's Request.
March 21, 2010
AOR Received.
November 10, 2010
IELTS Request
Already Submitted
File Transfer...
Trnsferred to Buffalo Office on March 17, 2010
Med's Request
Waiting
Interview........
waiting
Guys 've a question if some one can answer ths pls. I'm now 'm out of Status in US :(. My petetion for transfer of H1 got declined so as change of staus to B1 too. Question are.

1- I've applied my canadian immigration n the month of Jan 2010 and send my full documemts to buffalo during June 2010 and stll wating for 2nd AOR no. Am i still able to continue this petetion from US?

2-Can i move to my home country and keep my case here and some of my relative can correspond and follow up on my behalf?

3-Can i transfer my case to home country and can this possible and also advseable??

Twilight871

Star Member
May 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 30, 2009
Doc's Request.
Feb 05, 2010
AOR Received.
May 18, 2010
IELTS Request
Completed
File Transfer...
Aug 18, 2010 to LA office
Med's Request
On Sep 30, e-cas "IN PROCESS" since Sep 22
Med's Done....
October 05, 2010
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
14/12/2010
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
Summer 2011
Hi Pro 1 and others,

At last my wife could manage to get the medical request I sent her. She collected it in person from the post office. It was not easy, had to go through lot of bureaucracratic obstacles. Although the USPS tracking still showing 'departed from Chicago on October 2"!!!!

She will do her medical tomorrow and I am going to send RPRF as well as receipt of our medicals at the same day. Can you tell me which way of payment will be good? I am thinking of sending two seperate money orders for me and my wife of "Fidelity Express". Have you hard about this company? Most of the gas stations sell money orders of this company. Or, it doesn't matter which company it is, as long as it is a money order?

Twilight871

Star Member
May 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 30, 2009
Doc's Request.
Feb 05, 2010
AOR Received.
May 18, 2010
IELTS Request
Completed
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
October 05, 2010
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
14/12/2010
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
Summer 2011
Anyone have any idea about the LA office? They yet not reached their cap of issuing visa for this year, are they? So, if NY reach their limit, that will not count for other Local VOs, right?

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
brandon said:
Greetings all,

Will the VO send me back requesting for my IELTS scores? or would they make a language assessment based on the documents in hand? which obviously might cause my application to get rejected because frankly I need the language proficiency points to be qualified on the point scale 67.

Your answer is deeply appreciated.
Thanks

Take the IELTS as soon as possible, and send the results to them, the immigration officer is under no obligation to request any required documents you have not provided.

Good luck.

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BuffaloApp said:
once u see "medical received" on e-case how long before u get ppr???? anyone???? my case going on for so long now :(

You will get your PPR soon, maximum 2 months from seeing the update "Medical results have been received".

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
adnantahir said:
1- I've applied my canadian immigration n the month of Jan 2010 and send my full documemts to buffalo during June 2010 and stll wating for 2nd AOR no. Am i still able to continue this petetion from US?

Yes.

adnantahir said:
2-Can i move to my home country and keep my case here and some of my relative can correspond and follow up on my behalf?

Yes.

adnantahir said:
3-Can i transfer my case to home country and can this possible and also advseable??
It depends on the reason you want to transfer the file to the visa office serves your country of nationality, if they consider the reason under the integrity issues, they will transfer it, but unfortunatly, leaving the area served by a certain visa office itself, is not an enough reason to transfer the file.

Anyway, there will be no any refusal grounds just based on the fact that you have left the united states, as long as you are still in touch with the visa office by sending any required documents or updates they ask for.

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Twilight871 said:
Hi Pro 1 and others,

At last my wife could manage to get the medical request I sent her. She collected it in person from the post office. It was not easy, had to go through lot of bureaucracratic obstacles. Although the USPS tracking still showing 'departed from Chicago on October 2"!!!!

She will do her medical tomorrow and I am going to send RPRF as well as receipt of our medicals at the same day. Can you tell me which way of payment will be good? I am thinking of sending two seperate money orders for me and my wife of "Fidelity Express". Have you hard about this company? Most of the gas stations sell money orders of this company. Or, it doesn't matter which company it is, as long as it is a money order?

It does not matter as long as it is a money order, but why do not yo just get the money order from the bank where you have your bank account ? it is safer, and easier to track.

Twilight871 said:
if NY reach their limit, that will not count for other Local VOs, right?

Yes, right, they will not count for other visa offices, it is completely unconnected and unrelated matter,whoever reaches the targeted quota first is out of the game untill they get their new quota for the following year.

loveucanada

Aug 12, 2010
Pro1,

Based on reading your landing experience, I have a quick questions for you.
Did the VO ask you not to leave Canada until you get your PR card? I will ask them send my PR card to my friend's address but won't be able to wait until I get it. In fact, I may only stay in Canada for one night during my first landing. Does it work if my friend finally mails the PR card to me?

Thank you!

Twilight871

Star Member
May 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 30, 2009
Doc's Request.
Feb 05, 2010
AOR Received.
May 18, 2010
IELTS Request
Completed
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
October 05, 2010
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
14/12/2010
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
Summer 2011
Guys, how long does it take for the DMP to send the medical report to Ottowa? I completed my medical exam on October 5 and they told me to call them on Oct 11 to get the tracking number of it. I called them this morning..they were not getting my documents at first and then they told me that it will not get ready before next friday which is October 15. They said they had not got the test result of my chest X-ray. I am not sure how thing goes on with this Houston DMP office..... but it shouldn't take 10 days. :mad: