+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applications filed through NS --> Buffalo (Filed from USA)

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wsj78 said:
Where do I send the RPRF fee? I received the medical forms and was asked to send this fee. No where in the letter it says where to send the payment. It only says to make check payable to 'Consulate General of Canada'
The address that is post-marked in the letter i.e. the "From" address, use that. If your office is Buffalo, let me know, I can give you the address. Congrats on receiving medical request and RPRF request.

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jang said:
Hi Seniors,

I received med request last week. But, there was no other docs requested neither the RPRF fee. Is this common no that RPRF may notbe asked during med request or should I be worried?

Thx
jang, which is your visa office? This is not normal, but there is nothing to be worried of. Maybe some background checks are still pending and to not delay other steps, they sent you medical requests. You can still send them the RPRF fees, even if they have not asked. It could be that they missed out, and will soon ask for that too.

wsj78

Star Member
Jun 15, 2009
garian4u. thanks! the office is Buffalo. my medical just got sent to Ottawa. do you know how it takes for the PPR to be sent. Once you send the passport, do they take several weeks to process?

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wsj78 said:
garian4u. thanks! the office is Buffalo. my medical just got sent to Ottawa. do you know how it takes for the PPR to be sent. Once you send the passport, do they take several weeks to process?
wsj78, Good question !! I guess from my profile, you can see that I am myself waiting for the PPR and hence I would like to get it as soon as I can ??? I have been reading many other threads and it is highly unpredictable. Of recent cases, the earliest that Buffalo issues a PPR after medicals reach Ottawa has been 5 weeks, but those have been rare cases. Typically it has been taking 7 weeks to 14 weeks and most cases have been in the 8-9 week range. There are primarily 2 reasons for the wide variation. One is that, if the background checks hadn't completed when the medicals were requested. Second is the method that was used to transmit the results of the medicals from Ottawa to Buffalo. Seems there are 3 methods available. Professional1 had done a research on the 3 ways. 2 of the methods cause further delays. The lucky people get the 1st method of transmitting and hence a faster PPR. Typically, after the passport request there has been a little less fluctuation in timings. Typically, if you send them by mail, they will send it back to you in 2-4 weeks at the most. But, there have been stray cases in which the passport return took 3-4 months. However, there is a way that you can beat the risk, by taking your passport to Buffalo in person and you will be stamped the same day. They do it Tuesdays and Thursday 8 - 11 AM. So, the more important step is to get the passport request ;D

wsj78

Star Member
Jun 15, 2009
garian4u, since it's the Buffalo office, I'm assuming I need to send to

Immigration Regional Program Center
3000 HSBC Center, Buffalo, NY 14203

Please confirm. Thanks for your suggestion about going to Buffalo to get the visa stamped. If they keep the passports for weeks or months, how can one leave the country if has some form of emergency.

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wsj78 said:
garian4u, since it's the Buffalo office, I'm assuming I need to send to

Immigration Regional Program Center
3000 HSBC Center, Buffalo, NY 14203

Please confirm. Thanks for your suggestion about going to Buffalo to get the visa stamped. If they keep the passports for weeks or months, how can one leave the country if has some form of emergency.
wsj78, yes that is the correct address. Hehehe, that is definitely a problem, but normally they have returned within 2-3 weeks, but if you have even an ounce of doubt, it's better to go in-person as the facility is available.

jang

Star Member
Jan 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2009
Doc's Request.
22-01-2010
AOR Received.
28-06-2010
File Transfer...
28-07-2010
Med's Request
20-08-2010
Med's Done....
02-09-2010
garian4u said:
jang, which is your visa office? This is not normal, but there is nothing to be worried of. Maybe some background checks are still pending and to not delay other steps, they sent you medical requests. You can still send them the RPRF fees, even if they have not asked. It could be that they missed out, and will soon ask for that too.
Thx Garian.

My visa office is LA. I was surprised when they sent me the meds bcoz, my case went in to process on Aug 19, they issued the med letter on Aug 20th and I received it in the mail on Aug 23rd. There was no other docs or RPRF requested in the letter. So I guess as you have said, they may have hurriedly requested the meds and still doing some b'ground checks.

What do u think?

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jang said:
Thx Garian.

My visa office is LA. I was surprised when they sent me the meds bcoz, my case went in to process on Aug 19, they issued the med letter on Aug 20th and I received it in the mail on Aug 23rd. There was no other docs or RPRF requested in the letter. So I guess as you have said, they may have hurriedly requested the meds and still doing some b'ground checks.

What do u think?
It's difficult to tell jang. Since they picked up your file for review, so that is why it went into "In Process". I have heard from a few others that LA office issues medical request if ot finds the application package to be complete and the case as valid. So, it initiates the background checks then. I believe that is why your RPRF was not issued yet. But, again this would be speculation. No one has clear insight into their internal processes. We can only hope that everything goes smooth ::) I am waiting anxiously for my PPR and have no idea when to expect it

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
beauhoe, Honolulu, MarkCan, Pasi, where are you guys? No posts from you all. Please bring back life into 8) this thread. Remember I am still there How can you desert me like this? 8)

Honolulu

Jan 14, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 25th 2009 ( at Sydney)
LANDED..........
December 29th
Watching it all with keen interest,Garian!
You guys are doing pretty darn good!
Congratulations to you personally and all new thread members for rapid movement ahead!!
Destination Canada!! ;D

roopa82

Star Member
Jan 11, 2010
thnks garian....i dont know exactly...because my dmp's receptionist only informed me tht they ha sent the results....but im sure tht u r 3-4 weeks behind me....i think ull be getting passport request this week...good luck...if nothing happened,,,,put case specific enquiiry,...i also did....they r sleepy

jang

Star Member
Jan 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2009
Doc's Request.
22-01-2010
AOR Received.
28-06-2010
File Transfer...
28-07-2010
Med's Request
20-08-2010
Med's Done....
02-09-2010
garian4u said:
It's difficult to tell jang. Since they picked up your file for review, so that is why it went into "In Process". I have heard from a few others that LA office issues medical request if ot finds the application package to be complete and the case as valid. So, it initiates the background checks then. I believe that is why your RPRF was not issued yet. But, again this would be speculation. No one has clear insight into their internal processes. We can only hope that everything goes smooth ::) I am waiting anxiously for my PPR and have no idea when to expect it
Thx Garian. I hope so too....hope things will work out and I get the RPRF request as soon as they receive my medicals!!!

wsj78

Star Member
Jun 15, 2009
Garian, how do you find out if Ottawa has received the medical? I can't rely on the DMP to send the meds on time. Worse yet, I have heard that the DMP has claimed he has sent the results just not to be bothered again.

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wsj78 said:
Garian, how do you find out if Ottawa has received the medical? I can't rely on the DMP to send the meds on time. Worse yet, I have heard that the DMP has claimed he has sent the results just not to be bothered again.
wsj78, I had requested that my results be sent through FedEx at additional cost to me. So, the DMP had taken my Credit Card number and used that for sending the FedEx to Ottawa. They gave me a copy of the waybill, so that I have the Tracking No. The day it was sent, the DMP called me to let me know that the results are being sent and that I could trace the next day. Next day, the results were received by Ottawa

smallduck

Jul 21, 2010
NYC
Category........
Visa Office......
New York, NY (In Process)
NOC Code......
9xxx
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 05 2009
Doc's Request.
Dec 02 2009
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
Dec 10 2009 and Apr 21 2010
IELTS Request
waived
File Transfer...
Jul 14 2010 to NYVO
Med's Request
Aug 24 2010
Med's Done....
Sep 15 2010 - and Med RCVD (Nov 16)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Apr 04 2011, Decision made Apr 25 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Apr 18 2011
garian4u said:
wsj78, Good question !! I guess from my profile, you can see that I am myself waiting for the PPR and hence I would like to get it as soon as I can ??? I have been reading many other threads and it is highly unpredictable. Of recent cases, the earliest that Buffalo issues a PPR after medicals reach Ottawa has been 5 weeks, but those have been rare cases. Typically it has been taking 7 weeks to 14 weeks and most cases have been in the 8-9 week range. There are primarily 2 reasons for the wide variation. One is that, if the background checks hadn't completed when the medicals were requested. Second is the method that was used to transmit the results of the medicals from Ottawa to Buffalo. Seems there are 3 methods available. Professional1 had done a research on the 3 ways. 2 of the methods cause further delays. The lucky people get the 1st method of transmitting and hence a faster PPR. Typically, after the passport request there has been a little less fluctuation in timings. Typically, if you send them by mail, they will send it back to you in 2-4 weeks at the most. But, there have been stray cases in which the passport return took 3-4 months. However, there is a way that you can beat the risk, by taking your passport to Buffalo in person and you will be stamped the same day. They do it Tuesdays and Thursday 8 - 11 AM. So, the more important step is to get the passport request ;D
Good summary Garian4u :D. I'm doing a little research here cauze I will have DMP send out results mid September. I asked them for additional cost to make sure the results arrive Ottawa in timely manner ;). One more thing to add for the PPR here from my point of view: It also depends on your contract with current employer. If you're on the 1 year contract, it wouldn't be a problem. But if the contract lasts for few more year, you'll have a long delay in PPR.
Anybody in FSW1 can confirm this for me???