+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applications filed through NS --> Buffalo (Filed from USA)

parulkrish

Oct 19, 2009
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 26,2010
AOR Received.
March 09,2010
File Transfer...
August 04/2010 to New York, IN process 30/08/10
Med's Request
November 8, 2010
Med's Done....
December 6, 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 17, 2011
LANDED..........
HI, Vollog

But do you remember when did you send your first application to CIO? not at buffalo

Pasi

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2009
Toronto
Yarla7bh said:
Pasi,
Thats great news..!! Your timelines are very encouraging to people like me. My initial application to CIO was on 22rd OCT 09, just a month behind you. Hope things move for me in the right direction....

Good luck
My best wishes. Just dont have much expectations. It might be hurting when things dont go in your way. This is the lesson I learnt.

nn000

Mar 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2009
Doc's Request.
27-05-2009
AOR Received.
09-06-2009
Med's Request
13-05-2010
Med's Done....
08-06-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21-06-2010
VISA ISSUED...
13-07-2010
LANDED..........
13-07-2010
beauhoe said:
Sweet! I am leaving tomorrow. By the way did you get your bank statements back?
Thanks,
Yes. He handed them back along with my passport. He didnt check them at all

anne55

Feb 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo-->> New York
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2010
Doc's Request.
12-03-2010
AOR Received.
13-10-2010
File Transfer...
26-10-2011
Med's Done....
26-04-2011>>advance
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
31-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
09-02-2012
LANDED..........
23-02-2012 :)
Well said Honolulu!
Congrats again! Cheers! ;)

Anne55
Honolulu said:
Thread sticky :D

Hi Guys,

I know that there is a great level of anxiety when you cannot determine the status of your medical exams.
Here's my take on it from the experiences I went through and the responses I have been monitoring on this thread and others:
Well typically the DMP sends them to Ottawa, our medical center and then the process of review kicks in and ends with Buffalo receiving them or asking for them when all other aspects of their own review are over.

No information will be given to us on the status on the phone at Ottawa.
It is clear to me that the staff there have been instructed not to give the status and they merely will be polite without divulging status.
Emails to the satellite Visa centers are generally getting some favorable response (telling status etc.) and is your best bet in case your files are transferred to Detroit, New York, Los Angeles etc. Again Buffalo itself may tell you your status if you ask, but will usually also add lines like "we cannot inform when the review will be complete."

What to do:
Just hang in there. The time frame between medical exam and ppr is anything between one to three months from our collective experience.
Some Visa office/s/ers decide faster than other.
Begin to get concerned only when three months have passed ( I myself took more than three months)

Bottom line(s):
1. Unless you have a long pending background check,
you will get your ppr in three months or less.
2. If you have a background check pending your Visa office will tell you in response to your query

Finally the magic line "Medical results received" will not necessarily appear in your ecas as soon as your Visa office gets them. So do not panic if it is not showing up. I understand from a post by Sr. Quorax elsewhere that some other agency deals with updating ecas status and will do it at their own pace. Also it is not necessary that updates happen on Mondays only. Wednesdays, Thursdays - in fact even Fridays or any day of the week are OK for ecas status update. (My own medicals received status came online one week after my ppr)

Yes, the whole PR application process is a roller coaster ride with many ups and downs and mainly a test of our patience and trust. If we have given accurate information and backed it with proper documents on our applications we should be through between 6 - 10 months from the date Buffalo receives our packet. Medicals included.

Good luck to those who wait. I KNOW what you are going through. My prayers are with you

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Honolulu said:
Thread sticky :D

Hi Guys,

I know that there is a great level of anxiety when you cannot determine the status of your medical exams.
Here's my take on it from the experiences I went through and the responses I have been monitoring on this thread and others:
Well typically the DMP sends them to Ottawa, our medical center and then the process of review kicks in and ends with Buffalo receiving them or asking for them when all other aspects of their own review are over.

No information will be given to us on the status on the phone at Ottawa.
It is clear to me that the staff there have been instructed not to give the status and they merely will be polite without divulging status.
Emails to the satellite Visa centers are generally getting some favorable response (telling status etc.) and is your best bet in case your files are transferred to Detroit, New York, Los Angeles etc. Again Buffalo itself may tell you your status if you ask, but will usually also add lines like "we cannot inform when the review will be complete."

What to do:
Just hang in there. The time frame between medical exam and ppr is anything between one to three months from our collective experience.
Some Visa office/s/ers decide faster than other.
Begin to get concerned only when three months have passed ( I myself took more than three months)

Bottom line(s):
1. Unless you have a long pending background check,
you will get your ppr in three months or less.
2. If you have a background check pending your Visa office will tell you in response to your query

Finally the magic line "Medical results received" will not necessarily appear in your ecas as soon as your Visa office gets them. So do not panic if it is not showing up. I understand from a post by Sr. Quorax elsewhere that some other agency deals with updating ecas status and will do it at their own pace. Also it is not necessary that updates happen on Mondays only. Wednesdays, Thursdays - in fact even Fridays or any day of the week are OK for ecas status update. (My own medicals received status came online one week after my ppr)

Yes, the whole PR application process is a roller coaster ride with many ups and downs and mainly a test of our patience and trust. If we have given accurate information and backed it with proper documents on our applications we should be through between 6 - 10 months from the date Buffalo receives our packet. Medicals included.

Good luck to those who wait. I KNOW what you are going through. My prayers are with you
Well done my friend.
Thanks,

puneprince

Jul 15, 2010
Hi, i have one question, pl help me.

1. i got AOR from CIO and currently preparing documents for Buffalo. do we need to send same forms to Buffalo , which were sent to CIO? i renewed my passport and i got new number which need to change in application form. My IELTS scopre was mentioned in CIO appliation was HIGH in 4 sections, but recently i gave IELTS and got less score (got 6.5.. need 7.5 for HIGH) in listening. can i change this also in application form to bufollo?

Pl help.

Pasi

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2009
Toronto
Friends, I collected my passport today from the USPS office. The package has passport with visa, COPR and some informational documents. The visa validity is until 5/20/2011, which is one year from the date of my medicals.

I would like to thank all my friends here for their continuous support and inspiration. Without you guys, my journey would have not been so smooth.

WaitingForPR_09

Star Member
Mar 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
January 2011
Congratulations Pasi !!!! :D ;D ;D ;D

It is really a good news....so glad to hear it.....

Hopefully we will meet in Canada some day !!!

Pasi said:
Friends, I collected my passport today from the USPS office. The package has passport with visa, COPR and some informational documents. The visa validity is until 5/20/2011, which is one year from the date of my medicals.

I would like to thank all my friends here for their continuous support and inspiration. Without you guys, my journey would have not been so smooth.

Honolulu

Jan 14, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 25th 2009 ( at Sydney)
LANDED..........
December 29th
Three cheers Pasi!!!
Wish you good luck for a new life in Canada.
God Bless!

sidcan

Jun 11, 2010
Pasi said:

Congratulation Pasi !! That was super quick...Our passports were received at LA on June 24th but we still haven't heard from them. The status still shows as "in process"..I wonder how much longer they are going to take..getting a little worried now....

When are you planning to land? Good luck with your new life as a Canadian PR and heartiest congratulations once again !!

pooja123

Feb 20, 2010
puneprince said:
Hi, i have one question, pl help me.

1. i got AOR from CIO and currently preparing documents for Buffalo. do we need to send same forms to Buffalo , which were sent to CIO? i renewed my passport and i got new number which need to change in application form. My IELTS scopre was mentioned in CIO appliation was HIGH in 4 sections, but recently i gave IELTS and got less score (got 6.5.. need 7.5 for HIGH) in listening. can i change this also in application form to bufollo?

Pl help.
do we need to send same forms to Buffalo
- please update it if you need (if there is any updation); sign should be done with current date (if you have copy of signed forms and then you would need to refill & sign. If you have copy of unsigned forms; then you can use those forms (if no info is changed) & sign.

i renewed my passport and i got new number which need to change in application form.
- you need to update the form.

My IELTS scopre was mentioned in CIO appliation was HIGH in 4 sections, but recently i gave IELTS and got less score (got 6.5.. need 7.5 for HIGH) in listening. can i change this also in application form to bufollo?
- you can change it. If you have 67 or more points with current ILET score; then you are good to go (you can change it in form). if changing ILET score reduces your score to below 67; them you need to re-take the exam.

good luck.

Pasi

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2009
Toronto
sidcan said:
Congratulation Pasi !! That was super quick...Our passports were received at LA on June 24th but we still haven't heard from them. The status still shows as "in process"..I wonder how much longer they are going to take..getting a little worried now....

When are you planning to land? Good luck with your new life as a Canadian PR and heartiest congratulations once again !!
Thank you sidcan. Dont worry much. Your visas will be reaching you soon. If it is still bothering you, try contacting the office and asking them for a status. I am planning to land sometime in aug or sept this year. Dates not yet decided. Also I am thinking whether to drive or fly.

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pasi said:

Superb my friend :D :D :D Now on to the next mission. Settling down in Canada. Hopefully your support and wishes help our cases through as well.