+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applications filed through NS --> Buffalo (Filed from USA)

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lovebb said:
Hi Beauhoe,

Congratulations on your visa and thank you for the inputs about your Detroit travel! I have a quick question. When Detroit sent your the PPR, it's email or letter? Did they say you can go in person or they only mentioned something about the pre-paid express mail (or something like that)? If I drive there in person, I have to arrive before 8:30AM, right? And I can get the visa in 2 hours? Thank you!!
Hello dear friend,
1. I got my PPR as an email
2. My VO asked me to send them my passport but I decided to go in person to avoid waiting.
3. There was no invitation but I thing if they want to see my passport, they should be able to welcome me (smile).
4. No pre-paid express mail was mentioned.
5. If you drive there, you will be amazed of how nice they are.
6. Detroit visa office open at 8:30 and you need a registration in the lobby to get visitor badge. I will suggest that you go there 5 to 10 min before 8:30am and do the registration. You have to wait on the first floor until 8:30am and they will send a signal to ask you to go on 11th.
7. If you get there by 11am they will ask you to comeback in 10 business days.
8. If you do all above, your visa is going to be ready in 2-3 hours (I got my in 2 hrs).
Wish you all the best my friend,

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lovebb said:
Hello again! Could you give me the phone number of Ottawa, please? Is it this number 888-242-2100? If not, please let me know. Thanks!
If you are in Canada, that will be the good one.
Cheers,

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canadacanada said:
when are you planning to land? Are you going to land by road?
I am getting ready for next week but first of all my department has to accept the resignation letter that I sent in last week. The most difficult part is that I don’t know how my students are going to take it.
Cheers,

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
beauhoe said:
I am getting ready for next week but first of all my department has to accept the resignation letter that I sent in last week. The most difficult part is that I don't know how my students are going to take it.
Cheers,
Hearty congratulations, bueahoe. Am glad ya finally made it. Have you already found a job in Canada?

Mark

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MarkCan said:
Hearty congratulations, bueahoe. Am glad ya finally made it. Have you already found a job in Canada?

Mark
Thank you my friend you are such a wonderful person. Regarding to the jobs, I sent a lot of applications and I hope that my presence is going to of a great help.
Cheers,

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
beauhoe said:
1. US passport size will do it.
2. If you are in the US, visit the web site and see the exact amount in USD and send it, you should be ready to go.
3. Applicants papers get return not because they paid in USD but because the money that they sent is less than what CIC is expecting from them.
Cheers,
Thanks a lot beauhoe. Actually the letter that I got from Buffalo meantions like this: "490 CAD (or USD)". I guess I will make it in USD. On the 3rd point, I know of several cases where the money was not less, but got returned. I will tell you the reasoning. The 1st application (without supporting documents) goes to CIO NS which is in Canada, so they specifically ask for CAD and send application back if you enclose USD. Since, for the next step the offices are in US, so they can accept in USD as well and that is the reason it's written like that. Has anyone sent their RPRF in USD 490 terms and got returned? That will help me decide.

BuffaloApp

Mar 17, 2010
anyone here who filed thru buffalo but is back in india? i am in a tuff situation. need to send my passport to buffalo for stamping. can anyone suggest how to do it from india? can i somehow send the passport (ki know it is not allowed)? i cannot go to buffalo right now since i am working in india nor do i know of someone i can send it thru.

anyone here who is going thru the same situation? thanks for the help

Honolulu

Jan 14, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 25th 2009 ( at Sydney)
LANDED..........
December 29th
Congrats on the ppr.
Unfortunately, Buffalo will not mail it back to you even if you can send it through a courier.
So you have only two choices:
Come to Buffalo in person with the passports.
Send passports through an authorized representative.
Unfortunately there is no other way.
Not at least that I am aware of - which is safe and reliable.

lovebb

Star Member
Apr 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
beauhoe said:
Hello dear friend,
Thank you, beauhoe! Hopefully, I will get a chance to visit Detroit before the end of July. Again, congratulations on your success in the application. May you a new blessing life in Canada!

tamkah

Jun 11, 2010
Congrats beauhoe. Are you planning to settle in Toronto or somewhere else?

BuffaloApp, send your passport through someone. If anyone is visiting from India to US / Canada, you can ask someone to carry it for you. Once your passport is in Canada/US, you can ask your relatives/friends (if you know anyone here) to send the passport for you.

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys, one more question. When I took my appointment from the DMP, I specifically asked if we need to come on a fasting stomach and was said "No". Now, I have had a previous bad experience where the medical representative had said no need to fast and when we reached there, the doctor said we needed to fast. Though that one was not for Canada medicals. But, still can anyone who has undergone medicals, let me know, if we need to fast or not.

Pasi

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2009
Toronto
garian4u said:
Guys, one more question. When I took my appointment from the DMP, I specifically asked if we need to come on a fasting stomach and was said "No". Now, I have had a previous bad experience where the medical representative had said no need to fast and when we reached there, the doctor said we needed to fast. Though that one was not for Canada medicals. But, still can anyone who has undergone medicals, let me know, if we need to fast or not.
No fasting needed. They will not be checking for blood sugar. Their blood test is to check for HIV only.

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
garian4u said:
Thanks a lot beauhoe. Actually the letter that I got from Buffalo meantions like this: "490 CAD (or USD)". I guess I will make it in USD. On the 3rd point, I know of several cases where the money was not less, but got returned. I will tell you the reasoning. The 1st application (without supporting documents) goes to CIO NS which is in Canada, so they specifically ask for CAD and send application back if you enclose USD. Since, for the next step the offices are in US, so they can accept in USD as well and that is the reason it's written like that. Has anyone sent their RPRF in USD 490 terms and got returned? That will help me decide.
I am from the USA and I sent my in US dollars without problem. Per say, on their site you can read this:
1. If you wish to pay your fees in Canadian dollars.
2. If you wish to pay your fees in US dollars.
Please clik here for reference: http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/buffalo/imm/fees-frais_buffalo.aspx
The amount in USA dollar: RIGHT OF PERMANENT RESIDENCE FEE ( TO BE PAID BY PRINCIPAL APPLICANT and SPOUSE /COMMON LAW PARTNER; NOT DEPENDANT CHILDREN ) $ 490USD. Reference site: http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/buffalo/imm/fees_frais_usd.aspx?lang=eng
*****Immigration Fee Schedule U.S. Dollars
(Payments must be drawn on a bank located in the USA)