+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applications filed through NS --> Buffalo (Filed from USA)

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
being.being said:
Should i wait or contact buffalo office ?

If you would like to enquire about the status of your application, it is not gonna hurt, at least they will tell you what is going on.

gauravbt

Star Member
Feb 6, 2010
New York ,USA
Category........
Visa Office......
New York,NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 9,2009
Doc's Request.
Feb 12,2010
AOR Received.
Oct 20,2010
IELTS Request
Feb 12,2010
File Transfer...
Feb 18,2010
Med's Request
Dec 06,2011
Med's Done....
Dec 14,2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 01,2012
VISA ISSUED...
March 16,2012
LANDED..........
April 28,2012
Experts

My Initial Email from Nova Scotia ,Sydney came sometime in Feb ,2010.But till date i dont see any status of my file being moved from Nova Scotia to Buffalo ie the Ecas status DOES NOT SHOW

"We transfered your application to the Buffalo office on...... "

Should i be concerned?If yes what to do ?

btw i have sent my full documents to Buffalo,NY as mentioned in the eligibility email from NS

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gauravbt said:
Experts

My Initial Email from Nova Scotia ,Sydney came sometime in Feb ,2010.But till date i dont see any status of my file being moved from Nova Scotia to Buffalo ie the Ecas status DOES NOT SHOW

"We transfered your application to the Buffalo office on...... "

Should i be concerned?If yes what to do ?

btw i have sent my full documents to Buffalo,NY as mentioned in the eligibility email from NS

What does your e-case status say exactly, could you copy and past it here without the dates if you are not comfortable with them ?

gauravbt

Star Member
Feb 6, 2010
New York ,USA
Category........
Visa Office......
New York,NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 9,2009
Doc's Request.
Feb 12,2010
AOR Received.
Oct 20,2010
IELTS Request
Feb 12,2010
File Transfer...
Feb 18,2010
Med's Request
Dec 06,2011
Med's Done....
Dec 14,2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 01,2012
VISA ISSUED...
March 16,2012
LANDED..........
April 28,2012
" We received your application for permanent residence on xx, 2009.

We reviewed your application and sent you a letter on xx, 2010. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. "

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gauravbt said:
" We received your application for permanent residence on xx, 2009.

We reviewed your application and sent you a letter on xx, 2010. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. "

They will update the rest of the information whenever Buffalo creates a file for you on their system and your e-case changes to "Received by the visa office", i believe it reads now "CIO eligibility review complete"

When did you send you full application to Buffalo ?

gauravbt

Star Member
Feb 6, 2010
New York ,USA
Category........
Visa Office......
New York,NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 9,2009
Doc's Request.
Feb 12,2010
AOR Received.
Oct 20,2010
IELTS Request
Feb 12,2010
File Transfer...
Feb 18,2010
Med's Request
Dec 06,2011
Med's Done....
Dec 14,2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 01,2012
VISA ISSUED...
March 16,2012
LANDED..........
April 28,2012
For all these months i had been thinking the same that the Buffalo office will update the status once they generate the AOR in their normal course of time.It just stuck me today that there is "no mention of Buffalo in my eCase " unlike rest of the members.Although in the email received from NS,they clearly ask me to send docs to the Buffalo,NY office

Dates :::

Sent on May 27,2010
Received by Buffalo Office by May 28,2010

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gauravbt said:
For all these months i had been thinking the same that the Buffalo office will update the status once they generate the AOR in their normal course of time.It just stuck me today that there is "no mention of Buffalo in my eCase " unlike rest of the members.Although in the email received from NS,they clearly ask me to send docs to the Buffalo,NY office

Dates :::

Sent on May 27,2010
Received by Buffalo Office by May 28,2010

That is normal man all of us have gone through the same situation exactly.

Regarding the date of receipt of your application in Buffalo, it is still too early to hear anything from them yet. It takes at least one months for them to send you the AOR, and create a file for you on their system, and then your e-case will change from "CIO eligibility review complete" to "Received by the visa office", then you will see the rest of the update once you click on that link

gauravbt

Star Member
Feb 6, 2010
New York ,USA
Category........
Visa Office......
New York,NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 9,2009
Doc's Request.
Feb 12,2010
AOR Received.
Oct 20,2010
IELTS Request
Feb 12,2010
File Transfer...
Feb 18,2010
Med's Request
Dec 06,2011
Med's Done....
Dec 14,2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 01,2012
VISA ISSUED...
March 16,2012
LANDED..........
April 28,2012
Awesome!!

So it means that the "Transfer to Buffalo on xx date " status will be updated AFTER I GET AOR from Buffalo and if somebody in Buffalo updates the eCase

If this is the case,then i can my heart and mind on getting fit for the Medical Tests :)

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gauravbt said:
Awesome!!

So it means that the "Transfer to Buffalo on xx date " status will be updated AFTER I GET AOR from Buffalo and if somebody in Buffalo updates the eCase
Yes, exactly.

gauravbt said:
If this is the case,then i can my heart and mind on getting fit for the Medical Tests :)
Here, you will need some patience, they will first send you their AOR, telling you that your file has been created on their system and it is pending eligibility review (with a new file number other than the one given to you by the CIO). After 2 or 3 months almost, they will start contacting you again asking for more documents, or informing you that your file has been transfered to other local visa office in the united states, or medical request directly....etc.

Good luck.

gauravbt

Star Member
Feb 6, 2010
New York ,USA
Category........
Visa Office......
New York,NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 9,2009
Doc's Request.
Feb 12,2010
AOR Received.
Oct 20,2010
IELTS Request
Feb 12,2010
File Transfer...
Feb 18,2010
Med's Request
Dec 06,2011
Med's Done....
Dec 14,2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 01,2012
VISA ISSUED...
March 16,2012
LANDED..........
April 28,2012
professional1 :Thanks.That puts my doubts at rest.

vermas

Champion Member
Jan 12, 2010
NOC Code......
NA
App. Filed.......
eAPR/AOR 13-08-2018
Hi professional 1,
I am reading the exchanges between you and gauravbt. I also received my CIO, Sydney AOR in February 2010. My complete documents were received at Buffalo Consulate on 29 March 2010 as per FedEx courier track. It has been over three months and I haven't received my Buffalo AOR and new file number. My e-Cas continues to show:

We received your application for permanent residence on Decemebr 31, 2009.

We reviewed your application and sent you a letter on February 23, 2010. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

I have been noticing on these forums that many applicants who submitted their documents to Buffalo around the same time as mine have got their AORs.

What should I do (other than keep waiting for my AOR)? Their website says it could take up to 5 months.

Cheers....

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi vermas,

Actually there are some exceptions regarding the AOR from Buffalo for unknown reasons. To be honest with you, it is not related to the time of year when you have sent your application.

I remember when i sent my full application to Buffalo on Sep 2009, i got my AOR within 28 days exactly by email, meanwhile, some members here in this forum who sent their applications around the same time, even before i did by 1 and 2 weeks did not get their AORs in the normal timeframe for unknown reasons, which is supposed to be one month or less.

Some others did not get it at all, but they have been able to see the change on their e-case from "CIO eligibility review complete" to "Received by the visa office" using the CIO file number.

The most important thing here if someone has not got his AOR in the normal time frame at least is to see the change on the e-case to read "Received by the visa office", because in this case, it means that they accepted his file regarding the (completeness), and created a file for him on their system even if they have not sent him the AOR with the new file number "in purpose or by mistake".

In respect to the 5 months which they state it might take them to send the AOR, it does not really take that much.

The things that might not be a good indicator in this case are:

Not seeing the change on the e-case status after sending the full application to the visa office (if there is no AOR sent by them for long time, let us say 3 or 4 months), the reason is because this case might mean that the application is in its way back to the applicant to be re sent after fixing some mistakes on it.

In your situation, you can send them an email enquiry, but i am sure that they are going to send you the same copy and paste message wich says:

"Please allow 5 months from the date of receipt of your application to this visa office to receive our AOR or get your application back".

If you would like to send them the email, go for it, but i am sure that their answer will not be satisfactory for you at this time.