+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applications filed through NS --> Buffalo (Filed from USA)

roopa82

Star Member
Jan 11, 2010
One of my friend applied to NS in march and buffalo in May....her file is today transferred to LA.....this means buffalo works 1 year after filing to NS...good luck 2 all

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
roopa82 said:
One of my friend applied to NS in march and buffalo in May....her file is today transferred to LA.....this means buffalo works 1 year after filing to NS...good luck 2 all
roopa82, thanks for the update. Under which NOC did your friend apply and what was the FSW category (1, 2 or 3)?

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
roopa82 said:
she applied in fsw1....and sorry ..she submitted her documents to buffalo office in july
Thanks roopa82. Can you also indicate the NOC? The reason I am asking is that I haven't seen any case of NOC 0213 starting to process. So, I was hoping to see a first case in that category. While many FSW1 cases of 2009 under the new process started processing in Buffalo, I don't know of any of those being NOC 0213.

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
roopa82 said:
@ garian
u need not to worry...whn ur will get ur AOR....ur file will start processing definitely by sept
Thanks roopa82 :D First I have to get the AOR. The lead up to that is also tense, as many applications get returned back for one small mistake or the other. And starting processing in Sep will definitely be a sweet news. One of my friends with everything same as mine, but who applied to Sydney NS in Apr 2009 is yet to get an indication of start of processing from Buffalo. His AOR from Buffalo is dated July 2009. So, looking at that I do not have hope of seeing any movement before 2011, even if I get AOR say in Apr 2010.

P

pv

garian4u

I know couple of guys ( my frens) not in this forum, applied to buffalo last year June under NOC 0213 and their application is transfered to Detroit and NY.

I am also in FSW 1 cat (NOC 0213) applied to NS in April 2009 and sent full application to Buffalo in July 2009, but no news till now except the AOR from Buffalo which I got with-in 10 days of sending to Buffalo.

Hopefully I will have some news (good / bad / ugly) by end of April

Good luck

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
garian4u said:
Hey professional1, cool down. They seem to be just collecting some public opinion which is not going to be valuable at all, because it is very easy to botch up the results and make the opinion skewed. Anyway, what stage are you in with Buffalo. Can you update your side bar or signature with timelines? It will become easy to track then. I am yet to get an AOR from Buffalo :-(

Hi garian4u,

I applied to the CIO Nova Scotia on June 8, 2009 and got their approval letter with the file number on August 19, 2009 (By email).

My full application was received by Buffalo on Sep 24, 2009 and they sent me their AOR on October 21, 2009 (By email).

e-case status is " Received by the visa office" since then and as usual with that dead office they probably are not going to change the e-case or start the processing before 1 year.

It has been 6 months now since they received my application at Buffalo without any news.
Other Buffalo applicants are waiting since 12 months without any news from that visa office !

Hope that you get your AOR soon.

Good luck.

room3

Feb 15, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
4131 catagory

Hello Seniors,

I did my masters in Pharmacy from USA and right now I am working as a Instructor of Pharmacy Technician, so do they think that my experience is not related to my field and I also worked as a Part Time English Instructor during my bachelors (pharmacy) .

So, do I really need to submit the SOP for Immigration to show them that my education and experience is related with each other.
I am applying under 4131 category.

Please guide.

-room3

jstar

Star Member
Oct 19, 2008
Hi Folks,
I just received my AOR from Buffalo. Could any one tell me that what will be next process and time duration? My time lines are:
Application received NS: 11/09/2009
NS eligibility sent: 19/11/2009
Full Document received Buffalo: 27th Jan 2010
AOR buffalo: 16/03/2010

Any input will be greatly appreciated.. thank u
Jstar

dodan

Mar 7, 2010
usa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sending passport crossing the border of teh country you are staying legally in - IS ILLEGAL.... one may have to pay a huge price for that..... guys please do not take such advice fromanyone.

torontonian2010

Mar 19, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-10-2009
Doc's Request.
15-01-2010
AOR Received.
29-04-2010
File Transfer...
03-08-2010
Med's Request
08-09-2010
Med's Done....
09-09-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
20-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-2011
LANDED..........
26-05-2011
Hi guys ,
Hello to all the seniors,especially mark and professional1,i'v been reading all there post since the begining of this forum, and found it pretty interesting,well makes it pretty clear for all that iam in the same boat sas u all.
applied for p.r in 2009 oct and then finally after a long wait n after a big holiday season got the innitial assement done in january,then took me a month to get all the required documents in place n send it all by 25 feb,i guess they should had recieved it by now hopefully,after that there hasn't been any response from buffalo office still awaiting for the AOR or the file no. so atleast i can track my app. status on e-cas
ryte now my only point of information is my lawyer who hardly anything to tell me anything except wait,i even sent an email to buffalo office on the website case specific enquiry link,but no reponse yet.

I have no idea how long this all gonna take,from other ppl's exprience it seems that it would take a lot more than just few days.
Any 1 have an expeceted date i should get my AOR or file no. form buffalo
I wud really appreicate every 1's help on this..

Thanks guys
God Bless all

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
torontonian2010, your timelines are similar to mine, so you can track my updates. I had a question, you say that you have a job offer, then shouldn't you have applied in FSW2? What made you apply in FSW1?