+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applications filed through NS --> Buffalo (Filed from USA)

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
bravoo said:
Hi all,

Is there anyone who applied in Buffalo after CIO approval in SEP.2009 with AEO and got his AOR??

MY file was received by buffalo on 16th sep.2009 but no AOR yet. well, one of my friends told me that in buffalo if you have applied with AEO then your procedure regarding AOR would be different than the peeps applied without AEO.

What do you think guys.......

THANKS
Yes, people with AEO are given a preference over people without one. With an AEO, you have a better chance of contributing to the Canadian economy and less of a chance of being dependent on the Canadian government. Usually, you get the AOR within 2 months of applying to Buffalo. I would wait a week or two before contacting the Buffalo office regarding the same.

mpapdp.1984

Oct 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-11-2008
AOR Received.
18-03-2009
File Transfer...
27-10-2009
Med's Request
16-04-2010
Med's Done....
29-04-2010 (Reached Ottawa May 4 2010)
Interview........
waived
MarkCan said:
mpapdp.1984:

Maybe it is just me, but the way I interpret the status of your application is that so far Buffalo has just transferred your case to Detroit (most likely due to heavy traffic in Buffalo). Let me quote the first few words from your AOR - "Consulate General in Detroit WILL complete the analysis of your application....."

So far, they have not completed the analysis of your application. Maybe it has started, maybe not. The only way to know for sure is if they correspond with you asking you to submit your medicals or if your ecas status changes to "In Process". But like Professional1 said, sometimes ecas status is of no consequence.

Mark
Mark:
What I'm trying to decipher by reading between the lines is that my application has most probably cleared the initial eligibility review (whether I am eligible or not under the new rules and list of 38 blah blha blah!). My reason for this optimism is that when I received the AOR, the letter said that my application would be screened initially according to ministerial instructions to determine whether I am eligible or not. So I’m assuming, the application was screened initially and they determined I’m eligible for further processing. I was kind of concerned about the whole initial review thing under the new rules since I saw a lot of posts of people’s applications being rejected at the first stage since they do not fit in the new list of 38 occupations. I also checked trackitt.com and it shows a lot of rejections for people who applied in the same time frame as I did.

But as I said I’m trying to decipher by reading between the lines!

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
mpapdp.1984:

My thinking is that the initial screening is conducted by CIO - Sydney. It is not a thorough screening but they just ensure that all the documents in order and that money has been sent along with the application. All Buffalo does is acknowledge that the application has been received. The real process starts only after your file is placed in the queue to determine if you are eligible for actual processing of your application. That makes logical sense to me. However, someone folks may have experienced this process differently.

Mark

mpapdp.1984

Oct 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-11-2008
AOR Received.
18-03-2009
File Transfer...
27-10-2009
Med's Request
16-04-2010
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
But isint the application sent back with the full refund if you are not eligible to be included in the list of 38? My impression is that this is done by Sydney office. Please correct me if I am wrong.

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
mpapdp.1984 said:
But isint the application sent back with the full refund if you are not eligible to be included in the list of 38? My impression is that this is done by Sydney office. Please correct me if I am wrong.
I am pretty sure Sydney is not very thorough with the initial screening of the applicants. While they should be the ones determining the initial eligibility, I have seen cases where Buffalo tells the applicant that he/she is not eligible (based on inadequate points or any other reasons).

mpapdp.1984

Oct 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-11-2008
AOR Received.
18-03-2009
File Transfer...
27-10-2009
Med's Request
16-04-2010
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
So that means the whole thing is extremely arbitrary. The only way to know is to wait and wait until they accept you or reject you!

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
Yep, that is true. And it can be very agonizing for some folks who take pains to collect the documentation and then pin their hopes on the change of fortune with the acceptance of their application. Not to forget that Buffalo can sometime take a year or years to come to a decision. Based on what I know, it is easier to immigrate to New Zealand, Australia, or even Denmark than Canada, especially if lady luck is not in your favor. I have known of cases that have been finalized in 3 months by some visa offices. I also believe NOC plays an important role. If your NOC is very much in demand in Canada, they may expedite your application because of a shortage of such skills in Canada.

Mark

mpapdp.1984

Oct 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-11-2008
AOR Received.
18-03-2009
File Transfer...
27-10-2009
Med's Request
16-04-2010
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
I got my PhD from the United States and following post-doctoral studies, am working as a Visiting Assistant Professor of biology in a reputed (top 15) university. As per the occupation list "Visiting Professors" is included in the 38, so I'm kind of optimistic.

Sonu81

Star Member
May 20, 2009
mpapdp.1984 said:
guys, sydney office is a redundant step to increase red tape. Can anyone tell me:

1) any one thing which sydney does and buffalo doesn't?
2) any one reason for which sydney will pass you and buffalo wont reject you?

truth is that buffalo repeat each and every step of what sydney does(plus other steps) and sydney is just a way to create immigration jobs inside canada and a way to add red tape to increase timings.....

if anyone disagrees, answer any of two questions above. There is not a single thing for which anyone can say "Oh, Sydney passed me in this particular issue, why did buffalo fail me for the same reason?"

mpapdp.1984

Oct 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-11-2008
AOR Received.
18-03-2009
File Transfer...
27-10-2009
Med's Request
16-04-2010
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
The reason I think they created the Sydney step is to weed out the applications that are not in the list of 38. This step saves them the time that is required for an extensive review of applications. Applications that meet the ministerial instructions are then screened at Buffalo further, and then again denied at this stage due to an array of reasons such as less than the required number of points or less than one year experience or any other factors (like a criminal background, or deportations/detentions from other nations etc).

Make a long story short:

Sydney center discards applications that do not meet job requirement list of 38

Buffalo center accepts/discards applications based on a full review

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sonu81 said:
sydney is just a way to create immigration jobs inside canada and a way to add red tape to increase timings.....

That is completely true. sydney role looks like a printer without Ink. they even change their file number in the local visa office and start from zero point as nothing has happened. Actually CIO conducts a fake assessment.

Sonu81

Star Member
May 20, 2009
mpapdp.1984 said:
The reason I think they created the Sydney step is to weed out the applications that are not in the list of 38. This step saves them the time that is required for an extensive review of applications. Applications that meet the ministerial instructions are then screened at Buffalo further, and then again denied at this stage due to an array of reasons such as less than the required number of points or less than one year experience or any other factors (like a criminal background, or deportations/detentions from other nations etc).

Make a long story short:

Sydney center discards applications that do not meet job requirement list of 38

Buffalo center accepts/discards applications based on a full review
So, you mean
1) buffalo dont waste time looking at if person has less than 1 year exp.
2) buffalo doesnt re calculate points
3) buffalo doesnt do criminal check again
4) buffalo doesnt look again if person is in 38 occupations

That is the most blind-sighted explanation i have ever heard. It is a fact that Buffalo looks at each step again what they might have already looked in sydney..EACH...

Sydney is just a red tape step created by Jason Kenney to provide jobs in remote location like sydney, Nova Scotia...thats it.

mpapdp.1984

Oct 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-11-2008
AOR Received.
18-03-2009
File Transfer...
27-10-2009
Med's Request
16-04-2010
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Sonu:

Let me put this is simple English for you.

What I said was Sydney most probably does ONLY eligibility test for 38 occupations and then either trashes the applicants who are NOT in the list and passes on other applicants to Buffalo office for a further detailed review.

Do you find the explanation blind sighted now????

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Don't get angry at each other guys, all of us are in the same boat and we are trying to get a littel hope by making some conclusions.

Hope the best of luck for all of you to be hearing a good news about your applications.

Honolulu

Jan 14, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 25th 2009 ( at Sydney)
LANDED..........
December 29th
Even if Sydney is just a red tape, we really can't gain much being frustrated with the situation.
So Buffalo is slower than say New Delhi.
But surely there are other consulates that are slow as well.
Let's take heart and just wait with patience.