+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applications filed through NS --> Buffalo (Filed from USA)

ELAR

Oct 19, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-11-2009
Doc's Request.
18-01-2010
AOR Received.
April 28, 2010
File Transfer...
In process at Buffalo: Aug 17, 2010
Med's Request
Oct 27, 2010
Med's Done....
Nov 4, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
May 24, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
May 26, 2011
LANDED..........
May 26, 2011
garian4u said:
staph_aureus, not sure if you have read the PR application process ar cic.gc.ca. If not, it would be best if you become thorough in the requirements. Buffalo office is the office for people who either are currently in the USA or have been in the last 6-12 months. Since, you are in Canada since last 8 months, your visa office should be Canada and not Buffalo, USA. The other possibility could be Germany, if you do not have enough evidence that you are in Canada for more than 6 months. And another possibility could be India, as you are an Indian citizen. Your local visa office is either your country of citizenship or your country of residence. Have you ever been in the USA? If not, then Buffalo is totally a wrong visa office to choose.
garian4u FYI, Canada's visa office is Buffalo, USA. I'm working within Canada and sent my app to Buffalo.
source: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/apply-where.asp

staph_aureus, you can apply for PR to Buffalo,USA with less of 1 year of residence in Canada.

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oh ok, my bad then. I didn't know that Canada didn't have a visa office within Canada for PR applications. What exactly does temporary lawful residents mean?

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
garian4u said:
What exactly does temporary lawful residents mean?

Anyone who entered canada temporarily and has been granted the temporary residence status such as; international students, foriegn workers, and visitors.

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
ELAR said:
6 weeks and no AOR...how much time before contacting Buffalo? please suggest...
It is a little unusual if it takes more than 6 weeks to get the AOR, but not shocking. The way Buffalo is moving currently, 6 weeks doesn't seem like eternity. Wait another week or so before contacting Buffalo (phone number is on the website or you can email them).

Mark

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
staph_aureus said:
I am awaiting my 1st AOR from Sydney, NS.........as I am working in Canada since July 2009 (research lab at U of Calgary), do I get to send out my complete application for the 2nd assessment to Buffalo, USA (I have Indian passport and have been in Germany for last 8 years before coming to Canada)...please suggest !!! How much time does it take for the 2nd & final approval at Buffalo, USA. :) :)
Anyone who is legally residing in Canada for the past 3 months can apply to Buffalo for PR. AOR from Sydney should take ya 4-6 weeks and the same for Buffalo. Then the wait is long (at least 12 months from the time Buffalo receives your application).

Mark

staph_aureus

Jan 27, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, USA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2011
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
Band 7
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
NA
Med's Done....
NA
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
NA
VISA ISSUED...
NA
LANDED..........
26-07-2009
ELAR said:
garian4u FYI, Canada's visa office is Buffalo, USA. I'm working within Canada and sent my app to Buffalo.
source: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/apply-where.asp

staph_aureus, you can apply for PR to Buffalo,USA with less of 1 year of residence in Canada.
Thanks a lots ELAR....thanks 4 backing me up.....

staph_aureus

Jan 27, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, USA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2011
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
Band 7
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
NA
Med's Done....
NA
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
NA
VISA ISSUED...
NA
LANDED..........
26-07-2009
MarkCan said:
Anyone who is legally residing in Canada for the past 3 months can apply to Buffalo for PR. AOR from Sydney should take ya 4-6 weeks and the same for Buffalo. Then the wait is long (at least 12 months from the time Buffalo receives your application).

Mark
thanks a lots...Mark

jang

Star Member
Jan 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2009
Doc's Request.
22-01-2010
AOR Received.
28-06-2010
File Transfer...
28-07-2010
Med's Request
20-08-2010
Med's Done....
02-09-2010
Anybody under 4131 category?

I dont have tax returns or pay checks for my India experience as my pay was below the minimum tax bracket. I read in a different topic that sometimes Buffalo asks for tax returns during final stages.

Do anyone of you have experience in such situations....what advice do u have for someone who dont have tax returns or paycheks....what other documents (other than work experience letters) can I provide?

Please advice as I am getting ready to submit 'full documents' to Buffalo this week.

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jang said:
Anybody under 4131 category?

I dont have tax returns or pay checks for my India experience as my pay was below the minimum tax bracket. I read in a different topic that sometimes Buffalo asks for tax returns during final stages.

Do anyone of you have experience in such situations....what advice do u have for someone who dont have tax returns or paycheks....what other documents (other than work experience letters) can I provide?

Please advice as I am getting ready to submit 'full documents' to Buffalo this week.

If your work experience which you claim is from the USA, Buffalo will likely ask for it since the system in the USA is very similar to the one in canada.

Anyway, they do not list that in their document checklist but they still sometimes ask for it even if the work experience is gained outside Canada or the USA.

The point here arise when they have any doubts or unclear information regarding your work experience documents which prevent them from deciding the exact number of hours or the exact salary which you had during your work experience years.

Another important thing in that regard, if the immigration officer has any doubts that your work experience might not be true because your field of study is far away from that work experience(bear in mind that it is not required to have the same field of study as the work experience but they can ask for extra documents if they have doubts in that regard), in this case he might ask for the tax documents and the payslips just to make sure that you were really working at that company and were paid the claimed salary.

Here he wants to double confirm the information from an independent third party such as the taxation department, or the body of the governmnet that can confirm your work experience officially, it does not mean that the third party is going to confirm your duties because only your employer knows them but at least the purpose is to confirm the working periods (dates) and (the salary paid).

If you know "maple", he is a member here in this forum, he finished his medicals and at the last stage, the immigration officer has asked him to send the taxation documents as a final request, he sent an explanation letter stating that his level of salary was under the tax deductions and almost since June, 2008 up until now his application is not done yet and the reason might be the taxation documents.

My advice is, do not mention about them if you do not have them since they are not included in the Buffalo checklist because if you do so, you will draw their attention to the problem and they might be insistent that you send them. If things went smoothly in your application process without any request for them, you would be fine without any headache.

If they ask for those documents in the future, write an explanation letter stating the reasons of not being able to get them.

Good luck.

jang

Star Member
Jan 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2009
Doc's Request.
22-01-2010
AOR Received.
28-06-2010
File Transfer...
28-07-2010
Med's Request
20-08-2010
Med's Done....
02-09-2010
Thanks professional!

My predicament here is that my whole application is based on the India experience for which the only proving document I have is the experience letter :'(

I welcome any more suggestions you seniors can provide!!!

roopa82

Star Member
Jan 11, 2010
acc to me
reference letter should include all your duties....+ your salary+ so there will be less chances later on that they will ask for tax returns

roopa82

Star Member
Jan 11, 2010
u can still file your tax return for your year 2008-09 until march 2010.....may be it is also possible for 2007-08....i think that will fulfill ur purpose....so go ahead...as your salary was below ....so u just need to file nil tax return...otherwise amount of tax+5000 additional penality....contact any CA in india...he will better guide you

jang

Star Member
Jan 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2009
Doc's Request.
22-01-2010
AOR Received.
28-06-2010
File Transfer...
28-07-2010
Med's Request
20-08-2010
Med's Done....
02-09-2010
roopa82 said:
u can still file your tax return for your year 2008-09 until march 2010.....may be it is also possible for 2007-08....i think that will fulfill ur purpose....so go ahead...as your salary was below ....so u just need to file nil tax return...otherwise amount of tax+5000 additional penality....contact any CA in india...he will better guide you
thanks roopa82,

the problem with that is I dont have any document to amend my previous returns (ie form 16) and as this was for tax year 2005, I am not sure if we can still refile.

Anyway thanks for the suggestion, I will contact a CA for further details.

ELAR

Oct 19, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-11-2009
Doc's Request.
18-01-2010
AOR Received.
April 28, 2010
File Transfer...
In process at Buffalo: Aug 17, 2010
Med's Request
Oct 27, 2010
Med's Done....
Nov 4, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
May 24, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
May 26, 2011
LANDED..........
May 26, 2011
MarkCan said:
It is a little unusual if it takes more than 6 weeks to get the AOR, but not shocking. The way Buffalo is moving currently, 6 weeks doesn't seem like eternity. Wait another week or so before contacting Buffalo (phone number is on the website or you can email them).

Mark
Hi Mark and everyone in Buffalo journey, no news about my AOR yet. If I send an email and the end of this week, I was wondering how fast will they reply to it, any idea?