+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applications filed through NS --> Buffalo (Filed from USA)

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi pv,

There is no any negative effect of your PR application on your work permit application. As long as you satisfy the requirments of getting a work permit, you will be fine.

Good luck.

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys look at the New Delhi visa office website,

It is very organized in stating the processing time at their visa office, unlike the sick office Buffalo !!

They take processing time at their office even less than the estimated time posted at their website.

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/india-inde/visas/skilled_workers-travailleurs_qualifies.aspx?lang=eng

I remember rocky " a new delhi applicant", he applied before i did by less than a month to the CIO he was on May and i was on June, Fortunately he got his visa yesterday and i am very happy for him because he deserves it. My status is still pending review with the sick office Buffalo same as the other stuck applicants.

He got it within 9 months including the CIO time. (6 months from the date of receipt at the visa office)

Buffalo neither respond properly whenever applicants send them an email inquiry, nor they state any helpful information in their AOR or their loser website !

I have nothing to say except the following :

Both Buffalo visa office and the immigration minister have to be thrown in the nearest garbage container.

Honolulu

Jan 14, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 25th 2009 ( at Sydney)
LANDED..........
December 29th
Hi All,
I would like to inform that I just checked my application status and it seems to have changed to "In process"
"Your application was reviewed and we started processing on February 25, 2010"
I have an AOR of June 9th 2009 from Buffalo.
No letter or email has come as yet.
I am keeping my fingers tightly crossed about the review being favorable since I have heard this may mean anything from total rejection to a mere start of requests for many more documents.
I humbly request you to pray for me.

canbhagat

Sep 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2009 sent to Nova Scotia
Doc's Request.
full application sent to Buffalo in July 2009
AOR Received.
August 2009
File Transfer...
transferred to LA in april 2010
Med's Request
may 2010
Med's Done....
may2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
june 2010
VISA ISSUED...
july 2010
LANDED..........
july 2010
hey honolulu,

Congrats on getting the file status in process...its surely a positive sign.....can u please share your full time line please..like

the day u submitted the application to sydney, nova scotia-
received aor from nova scotia-
sent file to buffalo-
received file no from buffalo-

wish u all the best...

thanks in advance
canbhagat

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Honolulu said:
Hi All,
I would like to inform that I just checked my application status and it seems to have changed to "In process"
I am keeping my fingers tightly crossed about the review being favorable since I have heard this may mean anything from total rejection to a mere start of requests for many more documents.

Hope the best of luck for you in your application process.

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
Honolulu said:
Hi All,
I am sure you will receive communication soon. I see this as a positive step. At least we are seeing some action in some applications now. Good luck.

Mark

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
rahmanrahat said:
Interesting ::).
If these file transfers to LA was part of the regular processing at Buffalo (rather than one offs) they would have already transferred most of Jan - April 2009 Buffalo applications to other visa offices in the US before getting down to June / July 2009 applications.

Can any early 2009 applicants to Buffalo confirm that their files have been transferred to another visa office in 2010?

I have a sneaking suspicion that most 2009 cases are still in a stock pile somewhere in Buffalo.
File transfers are being conducted randomly. There is no logic to what is happening in Buffalo right now.

Mark

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
pv said:
As two of our members (july 2009 case at CIC buffalo)got their file x/fered to LA,
me not enough fortunate as of now-I am also July 2009 case, but no movement yet on my file...

hopefully few more months

betn, my comapny has offered me position in their Toronto office and started the work permit process, hope there will be no issues since my PR is also in
process? Any suggestions from members
Once your Canadian permit comes through, inform CIC about it. I have seen cases with Canadian employment moving faster than those without one.

Mark

ELAR

Oct 19, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-11-2009
Doc's Request.
18-01-2010
AOR Received.
April 28, 2010
File Transfer...
In process at Buffalo: Aug 17, 2010
Med's Request
Oct 27, 2010
Med's Done....
Nov 4, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
May 24, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
May 26, 2011
LANDED..........
May 26, 2011
MarkCan said:
Once your Canadian permit comes through, inform CIC about it. I have seen cases with Canadian employment moving faster than those without one.

Mark
6 weeks and no AOR...how much time before contacting Buffalo? please suggest...

ELAR

Oct 19, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-11-2009
Doc's Request.
18-01-2010
AOR Received.
April 28, 2010
File Transfer...
In process at Buffalo: Aug 17, 2010
Med's Request
Oct 27, 2010
Med's Done....
Nov 4, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
May 24, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
May 26, 2011
LANDED..........
May 26, 2011
garian4u said:
ELAR, probably wait another week. Pasi received his in 6.5 weeks.
Ok thanks garian4u, Buffalo is really slow compared to other visas offices who sends AOR in maximum 2 weeks...but well...let's wait more...

Honolulu

Jan 14, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 25th 2009 ( at Sydney)
LANDED..........
December 29th
Canbhagat, to answer your question (sorry, I'm a bit late):

My initial application to Sydney was received on Feb 24th 2009 and was approved on March 6th.
I submitted my completed application with all the accompanying documents/various proofs and also ELTS results in late May'09 and received AOR dated June 9th.

mpapdp.1984

Oct 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-11-2008
AOR Received.
18-03-2009
File Transfer...
27-10-2009
Med's Request
16-04-2010
Med's Done....
29-04-2010 (Reached Ottawa May 4 2010)
Interview........
waived
Honolulu said:
Hi All,
Honolulu

Good luck with the application. Hopefully you should receive your medicals soon!

staph_aureus

Jan 27, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, USA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2011
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
Band 7
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
NA
Med's Done....
NA
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
NA
VISA ISSUED...
NA
LANDED..........
26-07-2009
I am awaiting my 1st AOR from Sydney, NS.........as I am working in Canada since July 2009 (research lab at U of Calgary), do I get to send out my complete application for the 2nd assessment to Buffalo, USA (I have Indian passport and have been in Germany for last 8 years before coming to Canada)...please suggest !!! How much time does it take for the 2nd & final approval at Buffalo, USA. :) :)

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
staph_aureus, not sure if you have read the PR application process ar cic.gc.ca. If not, it would be best if you become thorough in the requirements. Buffalo office is the office for people who either are currently in the USA or have been in the last 6-12 months. Since, you are in Canada since last 8 months, your visa office should be Canada and not Buffalo, USA. The other possibility could be Germany, if you do not have enough evidence that you are in Canada for more than 6 months. And another possibility could be India, as you are an Indian citizen. Your local visa office is either your country of citizenship or your country of residence. Have you ever been in the USA? If not, then Buffalo is totally a wrong visa office to choose.